TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey on In the Loop Live!

If I was listening to the show live that day I would have texted Ryan at the same time everyone else was because that would have been funny, but hearing it two days later I'll just leave him alone.

Besides, I don't even use texting that much, so every text I send or recieve costs 15 cents, and since I only send and receive about 25 texts a month, it's cheaper than including texting in my plan. I can't imagine how much it would cost me if Robb gave out my cell number on in the loop!

Ryan, how many texts have you received because of this?

I really wish I had read about Robb being on the podcast ahead of time. I usually listen to the show live and participate in the chat, but I was decorating my house for christmas. I would have put that off until the next day if I knew Robb would be on the podcast. Even my user title is a quote from one of the first times that Robb was on In the Loop!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if any one would be interested but I am going to work with Will Holder, he has all the old weekend reviews. I am going to try to get them up on the In the Loop Extra area.

Back when In the Loop was doing the Weekend Review, Robb was on every two or three shows. Most people (including my self) think those were the best shows In the Loop ever did. We stopped doing them because of Robb and the direction the show was going at the time. Now three years later and we still ended up at the same place we would have if we kept doing the shows. Only problem is we took the really long way to get here!

I don't know if any one would be interested but I am going to work with Will Holder, he has all the old weekend reviews. I am going to try to get them up on the In the Loop Extra area.

This would be so great!

I have the RSS feed in my iTunes, but all of the older weekend review shows are grayed out and undownloadable.

I still have a CD with the first 4 episodes of In The Loop that I ever listened to, on the same disc that has the first 6 episodes of Coasterradio. Those four ITL shows remind me of the golden age of roller coaster podcasting, back in 2005.

I remember searching for roller coaster podcasts on google (this was before iTunes even had podcasts) and two came up, Coasterradio and In the Loop. I actually remember man on the midway, and the rumor alert siren, and all the other inside jokes that still come up today.

If anything, I think the new show is even more crazy than weekend review, and I don't think I ever heard any F bombs on weekend review. I think the most inappropriate episodes were the ones with robb and the ladies night episodes.

Just like coasterradio.com still has their episodes online, Weekend Review should be immortalized!

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure In the Loop was where I first heard of Theme Park Review. Kind of funny how that worked out.

Well as many know the history of In the Loop, the weekend review shows were done on Thrillnetwork.com. When we moved to Coastercrew.com we wanted to keep the In the Loop image clean (so much for that). We brought all the shows that were not over the edge. Will said we will start uploading shows in the next few days so people can give a listen to the old school stuff!

It is true in the old shows we never did drop any big cuss words. But I still think the content we had in those old shows was a lot more edge then it is today. And for the record I tryed to get the guys to let us do a battle of the websites game show on the new format but they never ran with the idea. Maybe if it had some support from Jumboshrmp!

Interesting point: When we left Thrillnetwork there were talks with Robb about In the Loop or a spin off show coming to TPR. But unfortunately we never did get a chance to work out the details. Would have been crazy fun!

Interesting point: When we left Thrillnetwork there were talks with Robb about In the Loop or a spin off show coming to TPR. But unfortunately we never did get a chance to work out the details. Would have been crazy fun!

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed something like that didn't work out. People ask us all the time about a TPR Podcast and I'll be honest, it's something I wouldn't mind offering as a feature of TPR, we just have so many other things going on right now that we can't do everything.

And even if someone else were to do it and produce it, it would still take some amount of time and I'm already backlogged on trip reports, DVDs, etc that one more project would kill me!!!

Maybe someday....

--Robb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ryan... I just want to say I am sorry. I am sorry for all the text messages you may have received due to Robb being on In the Loop.

With that said, Robb is going to be on In the Loop Monday!

Ryan, again I am sorry for all the text messages you may get after this Mondays show. Oh and a picture I took just for you in Orlando!

It had a copy of BTTF 1 on the dash board!