TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

as of right now terminator has about a 2hr que line, not bad,

Corcoran,

Thanks for taking the time to post from the park.

Have you been over to X2 and Tatsu?

I'm curious what effect the new ride is having on lines on the other side of the mountain.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the line for superman about 20mins wait, terminator line extended across the bridge for about 30 yards past it to about the restrooms. no pics, thats one thing my phone cant post, post pics tomorrow, still working my way to tatsu and x2

Is Terminator: Salvation the 16th or 14th coaster that the park now has, because I count 14 coasters, 5 water rides, 9 flat rides, 2 thrill rides (i.e. Dive Devil, Thrill Shot), and 2 Kid themed areas. They bill Terminator, as the park's 16th coaster, when I only count 14, according to the new map.

Tim

^If everyone is rushing Terminator, I would be heading to X2!

Finished my review of the ride!

http://calicoasters.blogspot.com/

Awesome stuff, although sorry Sarah wasn't feeling great. I think I saw you sitting at the eatery across from Gold Rusher when we went to ride Batman, but I wasn't sure. Still should have said hi.

Here is my review and pics from the ride.

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/weekend-update/1104-weekend-update-terminator-salvation-debut-seaworld-double-dip-tokyo-time-venice.html

It's really late to reply to this, but I'm in that first picture of yours of the airtime hill from the bridge! great report too

Is Terminator: Salvation the 16th or 14th coaster that the park now has, because I count 14 coasters, 5 water rides, 9 flat rides, 2 thrill rides (i.e. Dive Devil, Thril Shot), and 2 Kid themed areas. They bill Terminator, as the park's 16th coaster, when I only count 14, according to the new map.

Tim

Yes, 14 roller coasters, AND don't forget those two coasters in the two "kid themed areas", Percy's Railway and Canyon Blaster making it 16.

Is Terminator: Salvation the 16th or 14th coaster that the park now has, because I count 14 coasters, 5 water rides, 9 flat rides, 2 thrill rides (i.e. Dive Devil, Thril Shot), and 2 Kid themed areas. They bill Terminator, as the park's 16th coaster, when I only count 14, according to the new map.

Tim

Here's a list of all 16 coasters:

1. Revolution

2. Viper

3. X2

4. Tatsu

5. Terminator Salvation

6. Ninja

7. Superman

8. Deja Vu

9. Goldrusher

10. Goliath

11. Batman

12. Riddler's Revenge

13. Scream

14. Percy's Railway

15. Canyon Blaster

16. Colossus

EDIT: Oops, CreditCrazy beat me to it.

Yes, 14 roller coasters, AND don't forget those two coasters in the two "kid themed areas", Percy's Railway and Canyon Blaster making it 16.

Yes, that makes 16, however those are kid coasters, but if they want to bill those with the others, that makes 16, but I count it as 14, because in my book, those don't count.

Anyways, back to the topic of Terminator...I will probably go Monday and take pictures of the queue line, and even ride it. The park shouldn't be too crowded Monday, but could be wrong.

Tim

Yes, that makes 16, however those are kid coasters, but if they want to bill those with the others, that makes 16, but I count it as 14, because in my book, those don't count.

Yeah, but in all other books, they do count. It's not like they are a powered coaster, or like Knott's counting their water ride as a coaster.

They are REAL gravity driven roller coasters, and when the park is trying to target "all audiences" they need coasters for the kids too...

--Robb

Well, just finished riding and the ride was amazing! The theming was impeccable, the attention to detail was stunning, and the pre shows were amusing. My only problem was that the ride broke down twice, and while at the Sky Tower, one train was stuck on the lift hill while the other was stuck in the transfer area. But other than that the ride was awesome! A+ for effort and presentation.

While I couldn't post everything while I was at the park...here's my review of Terminator: Salvation with a mini TR thrown in...

Got to the park about 10:00 and was expecting a sea of cars waiting to pay at the booths....nope, almost every booth was open and I only had to wait 1 car. Good start of the day. Next I was shocked to get parking in the first section. I started thinking wow, maybe the place won't be a complete nightmare today. Of course once I got passed the metal detectors that all changed. The plaza was packed and I mean packed, yet somehow I managed to make my way up pretty close to the gates. Park opens and I make my way back to Terminator. When I got in line the first 2 switchbacks were already full = 40 min wait, still not too bad, considering I didn't book it to the ride like everyone else did when the park opened.

Terminator: Salvation 8.5/10

A lot of talk has been made about the comparison of this ride to other GCI's out there, in my case for comparison, Kentucky Rumbler. Both are great rides, but I have to give the edge to Terminator for the overall ride experience, if I was just comparing the coaster layouts and airtime etc, then Rumbler wins., but with the storyline, theming and on-board soundtrack, Terminator takes it. One aspect of the ride that really surprised me were the pre-shows. Pretty elaborate theming, for a coaster at any Six Flags park I've been to. And while it was a very far stretch, the concept of a wood coaster involved with the Terminator storyline actually works. I felt the pre-shows pumped me up for the ride too, which certainly did not dissapoint....

As others have said, this ride hauls, as do most GCI's and it's got a great mix of airtime and banked turns and speed. The audio is kinda hard to hear at times, but I feel it does add a little extra excitement to the ride. Having been almost 2 years since I last rode Rumbler, I didn't think the ending of Terminator was THAT weak, it certainly didn't have the out of control feeling the rest of the ride does, but it didn't bore me or anything like that. The fire effect (when it works) is pretty cool, though it didn't go off on my ride. Afterwards, I was talking to Jay, Neal, Joe and the other GCI guys, and Jay had mentioned he was gonna talk to Tim about making the wind sensor a little less sensitive. All the guys were out there to greet the guests and get their reactions to the ride, which was also really cool. I haven't seen that much when I've been to other opening days for rides. Great work guys.

Overall, Terminator Salvation is an awesome ride, and I'm glad to see parks doing more with their coasters these days, take Bizarro at SFNE for example, as well as X2; mixing a great coaster with great effects and theming equals a winner for SFMM. Can't wait till the 28th!!

^ Interesting that this happened again today. The other day, I got stuck on the lift hill twice out of the few times I rode. I'm sure it will decrease with more experience though.

I wouldn't consider that a break down. We were only sitting on the lift hill for about 20 seconds. I thought it might have been an issue with timing.

^ Interesting that this happened again today. The other day, I got stuck on the lift hill twice out of the few times I rode. I'm sure it will decrease with more experience though.

I wouldn't consider that a break down. We were only sitting on the lift hill for about 20 seconds. I thought it might have been an issue with timing.

I was with Tyler when it happened. Both times it was a good 10 minutes we were on the lift.

--Robb

ok just saw the pre-show video and for me it was a total waste of money. Now dont anyone get mad I am just voicing my opinion. I personally would have liked to see more theming on the ride itself instead of a pre-show. The ride appears to haul but it isnt long enough. I call the parks in Europe theming now just a coaster and seeing a film in line because once u see the preshow, there is no reason to see it again. Do u have to see the whole show if there is no line on a weekday? I want to be able to just walk to it.

^^ Theming a large ride is probably just too expensive for a low budget company like Six Flags to do, and it really really really adds to the ride experience

^If they had a coaster line, it'd pretty much render the pre shows useless and that'd mean a huge waste of money

I just want to reiterate what has been said before. This it the opening weekend of the ride. The first time they've put people in the queue. I am *SURE* they will be tweaking the way the queue works based on feedback.

For those of you who have actually ridden the ride this weekend, I would encorge you all to post your thoughts (be constructive!) because SFMM's management DOES read this site and will take all of your comments into consideration.

I do expect the end result of the ride queue to both give you the experience they want the riders to see AND get you through the line as quickly as possible.

--Robb

Here's my thought.. The people that don't like the idea of a pre-show are probably not the same kind of people that Six Flags is going for with a ride like this. I think that most families would be very happy with a ride like this because it makes them feel like they got "More bang for their buck" which is really what people are looking for these days.

If nothing else, rides like this should definitely put Magic Mountain over Knott's as a family destination. It might take more than just Terminator, but it definitely looks like another step in the right direction.