TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

^Ha! Had to check that out to see if there was anything juicy I missed or anything I wished more people knew about. Nothing shocking or groundbreaking, but some were pretty funny. Also, it totally just reminded me how I used to be obsessed with the song "There She Goes." How could I forget?

^Ha! Had to check that out to see if there was anything juicy I missed or anything I wished more people knew about. Nothing shocking or groundbreaking, but some were pretty funny. Also, it totally just reminded me how I used to be obsessed with the song "There She Goes." How could I forget?

agreed. .NOTHING shocking, and obviously written by someone who is either a) very young, b) not well versed in Music History, or c) both.

it completely lost me at #4, when it refers to "Girls just wanna have fun" is "a cover of some dude" and as "written by a guy named Robert Hazard"

who is well known as one of the earliest MTV artists, whose videos were in HEAVY rotation, and who had a pretty decent hit with this song, after Lauper covered "Girls":

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Eurovision, no matter HOW much of a joke it has turned into. Anyway's, every act for this year has been announced, Ireland has some strong competition this year. There's even a BEARD LADY. Conchita Wurst. She actually has a good voice. My favourite this year is Italy, a Lady Gaga type song in Italian. 'La mía Cíatta'. The worst is probably this song from Latvia, it's called: 'Cake to Bake'. Poor, poor Latvia.

• 4 weeks later...

Big fan of Depeche Mode because of their unique dark sound & level of effort they put into their lyrics. No fluff. If you're not very familiar with them and if you're interested, check out Construction Time Again (1983).

Big fan of Depeche Mode because of their unique dark sound & level of effort they put into their lyrics. No fluff. If you're not very familiar with them and if you're interested, check out Construction Time Again (1983).

I usually suggest that people use Violator or Music for the Masses as their launchpad, but that works just as well.

^If anyone doesn't like Dream Theater, I question their sanity. Unless they've never heard of them, in that case I pity them for being so sheltered.

I can't stand anything past Awake, and even that album has the beginnings of a lot of stuff that I hate about modern Dream Theater, particularly the asinine bro chugs and gratuitous oversinging. I love Images and Words, but Kevin Moore was definitely the force keeping Petrucci and Portnoy in check; once he left, their quality took a major nosedive that was accelerated when Rudess joined. Fates Warning and Symphony X are way more my style as far as progressive metal goes, and even then, the latter has a worrying about of nowadays DT traits.

• 3 weeks later...

Any big Foos fans in here? Wondering what people think about the details for LP8 that have come out? I'm a huge fan of Wasting Light, my favourite Foos album and it would be somewhere in my top 10 of all time so I'm excited to see them carry on it that direction

• 3 weeks later...
Any big Foos fans in here? Wondering what people think about the details for LP8 that have come out? I'm a huge fan of Wasting Light, my favourite Foos album and it would be somewhere in my top 10 of all time so I'm excited to see them carry on it that direction

Mer likes the Foo Fighters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm watching Dolly Parton's set from Glastonbury this weekend, she's still got it!

Nearly 70 years old and she puts on a better show than ANY popular young female artist today. I think most of today's young female artists are all spectacle and no substance. Dolly is both, and she does it with class.

Curious to know if anyone on here is into Drum & Bass (aka dnb, D&B, drum 'n bass, etc) music?

Its not hugely popular in the United States, but I've been DJing drum n bass (along with all sorts of other music - from disco to punk) for almost 20 years and in addition to playing clubs around the city, I do a weekly (internet) radio show. edit: I shouldn't assume everyone on here is in the U.S. I'm sure there are people on here from the U.K. that know very well what I speak of! Seems most folks here are into rock, etc but thought I'd throw this out there. (Coaster enthusiast+drum n bass fan = hit me up!!!)

Ive always been obsessed with music and I listen to everything (except for most classical and country), you can check out my last.fm profile to see what I'm feeling or listening to at the moment (if anyone else is on there, add me!)

• 2 weeks later...
Curious to know if anyone on here is into Drum & Bass (aka dnb, D&B, drum 'n bass, etc) music?

I do . Actually I'll clarify- I spoke fluent d&b as a teenager going to parties, but I couldn't tell you the name of any new or popular current d&b djs. I still bust out the old mix tapes every now and again to reminisce- Odi, LTJ Bukem, 187... good times.

I do . Actually I'll clarify- I spoke fluent d&b as a teenager going to parties, but I couldn't tell you the name of any new or popular current d&b djs. I still bust out the old mix tapes every now and again to reminisce- Odi, LTJ Bukem, 187... good times.

Word up! Bukem has been a huge influence on me, I've actually been lucky enough to open for him and hang w/ him at a few shows back in the 90's. Carlos (Odi) always holds it down as well. Haven't heard the name 187 in ages, lol. As far a current DJ's, while there are a lot of young bucks, a lot of the old heads still lay it down - Bukem, Trace, Grooverider, Dieselboy, Ak1200, Dara, they are all still doing their thing.

^Good to know! If I recall correctly, I heard that Grooverider rolled through town not too long ago. I really should've gone now that I think about it. He always did put on a great show. All this talk is gonna make me go bust out my old Metalheadz collections and start driving the neighbors nuts.