TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to a new Philip Glass piece, one done with a colleague after they patched up

their forty+ year long feud.

But - unless a lot of it is electronic, the 'minimalism' seems to me to be totally repetitive

bars of music. For a long, long time in the piece. Whew!

Quite the challenge for any member of an orchestra, if used in a Glass piece.

Stamina needed here.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this on Amazon, and decided to make it my first purchase of 2017.

It was taped LIVE outdoors, at a festival in the UK. During her recently ended world tour.

https://www.amazon.com/Adele-GLASTONBURY-2016-LIVE-World/dp/B01KTQ1S46/ref=sr_1_6?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1483323855&sr=1-6&keywords=adele

Adele2016OutdoorConcert.jpg.3baa83e21dd231f4840bf059e73575e0.jpg

A 2 cd set. Looking forward to it. (o: Has parts of her live Paris concert, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started listening to a band I'd heard a lot about and assumed I'd hate, because this music isn't usually for me, but Dance Gavin Dance is easily one of my new favorite bands. Their amazing guitar work and clean vocals are not some of the best I've ever seen from any band. Their unclean vocals (screaming) and lyrics are both great as well but may take some getting used to. It's almost hard to classify them in a genre because of how they seamlessly switch between metal with screamed vocals and almost funk rock with their singer Tillian Pearson hitting insane notes. I love this band, but just know it's not for everyone.

Here's a song more for metal fans:

And here's a song where they do a lot of the switching:

If you like those, I'd suggest to check out Variation, The Cuddler, Young Robot, Inspire the Liars, Philosopher King, and Betrayed By the Game

Listening to ~ Gold Dust Woman ~

by Fleetwood Mac

it's ended. it's awesome. it's a classic. the whole album (RUMORS) is, actually.

And a Happy 40th Birthday, RumoRs! You don't look a day over twenty.

FMacRumours.PNG.10972f8abe109da55edccff2890fc1a1.PNG

Listening to ~ Gold Dust Woman ~

by Fleetwood Mac

it's ended. it's awesome. it's a classic. the whole album (RUMORS) is, actually.

And a Happy 40th Birthday, RumoRs! You don't look a day over twenty.

Rumours has become the new Sgt. Peppers where the younger generations keep discovering it. I wasn't born when it came out but I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

After last evening...

Poor Adele. Two years in a row now, for her Grammys mishaps.

Last year, she just plowed through, but this time, she'd have none of it.

Good for her to stop, and start again. Everything is not perfect, and she just proved it.

Five Finger Death Punch Wrong side of Heaven Both Volumes.

Lift me Up: Epic beginer and intro to the rest of the albume the guitar solo and the lyrics sound good but catchy. 10/10

Watch You Bleed: This song is morely idk how to describe it but it packs a punch and could give you a positive or negative effect. 8/10

more will come soon.

I'm kinda new to the electro-swing genre, but a lot of people seem to have been following it, especially at my school. My friend Fabricio has known about it for a while, and he showed me one of my new favorite bands, Caravan Palace. It's really possible you've heard of them, their most popular song, Lone Digger, has racked up almost 50 million views on YouTube. Here it is if you haven't listened:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

When I finished listening to this song for the first time, my first thought was "Oh my God I need more of this band." I did do a bit of digging (pun intended), and whereas I love the crap out of all of them, there were two favorites, the first being Suzy. It's upbeat, catchy as hell, and just a whole lot of fun to listen to. Plus, Zoé Colotis is smoking. I have no shame.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The second one is probably more "swing" and a lot less... you know, "electro." Rock It For Me might have one of the most awkward names ever, but dear Lord, is it good. Plus, every single frame of the music video is wallpaper worthy. Seriously. It's beautiful.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

dc6e3d8823247d9a11dd0127adc429db.jpg

Got to see living legend David Allan Coe in concert last night. He's one of the biggest outlaws in country music. One of his songs has a verse that goes:

"Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

And I went to pick her up in the rain

But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck

She got runned over by a damned old train"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I agree. Fall Out Boy is terrible.

You are so right!

I partially agree- their new stuff is absolute trash, but Infinity on High is one of the best albums I've ever listened to.

I enjoy their newer stuff, but no doubt it used to be better. They can't one up themselves after Folie a Deux

• 4 weeks later...

At school I studied French (I mean I was too cool to really study) but I still remember some words Once I heard a french song and I understood some phrases, I got curious, googled it and now I am a fan of french songs Seriously, I like to translate them more I guess...

So I found this band called Malignus Youth literally less than an hour ago and just listened to their first two EPs. OH MY GOD HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE!?!? I've been obsessed with the Minutemen for years, and while Malignus Youth is very different and is way more melodic, they have the weird, unpolished art-punk feel to them that early Minutemen albums have. It's hard to explain. The melodies are beautiful, and the writing is very interesting to say the least.

Lately I've been finding out about great older punk bands that I'm surprised I didn't hear before. Anti Cimex, Wolfpack, Lubricated Goat (yes, that's an actual band name) and King Snake Roost are some examples from the past two weeks alone!

• 2 weeks later...

CBC radio 2 in Canada, is playing it's usual Feature on a Friday, this time playing

the entire Are You Experienced?, from the late and still great ...

Jimi Hendrix Experience! Yowsa!!!

weed.jpg.611ab842e225fce6ca9f745c2992c9e5.jpg

Happy 50th Birthday A.Y.E.!

So I found this band called Malignus Youth literally less than an hour ago and just listened to their first two EPs. OH MY GOD HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE!?!? I've been obsessed with the Minutemen for years, and while Malignus Youth is very different and is way more melodic, they have the weird, unpolished art-punk feel to them that early Minutemen albums have. It's hard to explain. The melodies are beautiful, and the writing is very interesting to say the least.

Lately I've been finding out about great older punk bands that I'm surprised I didn't hear before. Anti Cimex, Wolfpack, Lubricated Goat (yes, that's an actual band name) and King Snake Roost are some examples from the past two weeks alone!

You'd get along well in New England considering how much of a presence punk has here. Hell, we're the birthplace of powerviolence, Siege created it way back in 1984 and Dropdead helped codify it, and my own home state graced the world with Trap Them way back in 2001.

I've been away from punk for quite a while (except for some niche subgenres like punk blues and glam punk: The Flesh Eaters, The Gun Club, Hanoi Rocks, etc.), but I'm surprised the only band of these I can recall hearing of is Anti Cimex. I'm not really keen on dipping back into punk at the moment, but I'll have to file away those other names just in case!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to entire soundtrack of "that coaster in Europa Park"....

(And the 'dialogue' is all in Russian!)

EuroMir.jpg.d977ba36a70df3b52384299afbc62d20.jpg

Great soundtrack! More enthusiasts should listen to these things, and not put them off.