TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Hi nice report. glad you enjoyed the park. I was there as well on Saturday. Yea when fright fest started the crowds were there. The food lines for dinner and late snacks were busy. It was busier during the Big E then previous years.

I also didn't realize they fixed the train on Goliath. I rode it a few years ago and it was very jarring and gave me a bad headache. I might have to try it again. I liked the original trains a lot. It ran smooth back then.

I have been going to this park for over 45 years as it has changed owners. I have to say they are doing a good job with keeping it up. The one set of bathrooms that was a problem by Take 6 are awesome now since renovation.

My family's one big complaint too on Superman is those darn restraints on the leg. Those bars hurt on the side of your knee. I would love Millennium's trains on this ride. I remember when they were not like that. It changed after several people were seen putting their legs out the side years back.

We enjoyed the outside buffet across from J B's. They are not sure how much longer it will be out because of the cold. Take 6 has really good wraps and I like Macho Nacho here better then SF Great Adventure.

Actually Scream is one of my favorite drop towers for air time if you get the shooting one. Overall it is nice to have this park close to my home and we go usually a couple of times a month.

Nothing has changed with Goliath, it is still the same garbage ride it has been since 2014. The train jackhammers in every section that goes fast and the cobra roll bangs your head around. The only somewhat enjoyable sections are the spikes. I rode twice on Sunday and the ride is still trash.

Goliath with it's new train ranges from "actually not terrible" to a jackhammering shitpile from row to row and seat to seat. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. There have been plenty of times where I rode with Brit and we both had wildly different experiences even though we were in the same row.

It's a shame, with it's old train it was an awesome ride.

Ah yes, I didn't mention Scream, two towers operated Saturday, the original Turbo Drop only tower was running and the second tower was in combo mode until the afternoon then it was just a Space Shot. I still prefer the first generation space shots over any of the S&S Shot Towers.

Bummer with Goliath, I rode 4 times on Saturday and had no issues with it at all, must have been lucky!

I also have a feeling that the park got busy as The Big E had the highest attendance in record that day. For a single day Saturday saw 172,659 guests. That is insane!

What is The Big E? I have never heard of it until reading posts on this forum thread.

I posted a TR of the Big E back in 2016. It's New England's largest carnival. This year they had 4.5 credits (depends if you count a gravity driven dark ride as a coaster), a drop tower, and some crazy inverting rides. Beyond that, they have vendors, parades, shows, music, and food. If it can be deep fried, you can find it there. Some of the oddest foods included deep fried shepherd's pie, deep fried Kool Aid, and a BBQ brisket sundae.

Big E

Lol the Big E.....we went once.....gonna head up to SFNE tomorrow....haven’t been in a few weeks....kids were itching for rides on Wicked Cyclone and Supe.....gonna have to go early - like opening to 6 - cuz the kiddos hate FF....couple years ago we were late getting out of the park by like 5 min and I had to carry my then 9 yr old the whole way out of the park.....if you don’t know the exit is all uphill.....she’s not over it lol

I wouldn't look too far into anything on that website. It seems like Six Flags has decided to make updates to their Holiday in the Park websites while the sites are live which is why Six Flags Great America seems to have a random combination of Six Flags New England rides and Six Flags America text and Six Flags New England seems to be promoting Fright Fest shows for Christmas.

I mean... I fully expect the frisbee to be added, but don't take that website as confirmation of anything. It's a CMS and they clearly just overwrite things completely.

Glad to see Harley Quinn added.

Scrambler is pretty far down the North End. Maybe they can add Pandemonium too since it'd be perfect for families. My pipe dream is Wicked Cyclone but tgat would be getting greedy.

Oh please oh please add WC.....I get they need to control overhead and can’t open too much park but still....hopefully if HITP continues to succeed here they can get Supe open too.....if this December is more “normal” than it was last year it should be more comfortable more of the month....last years freezer box was a bit anamolous for December

^Yesterday when I was at the park I asked about WC for HiTP. I was told that they aren’t ready to release any info yet but did confirm that more rides will be added this year. Interesting fact. They are using the old Sky Way building for doing all of the FF makeup.

I was told that they aren’t ready to release any info yet but did confirm that more rides will be added this year.

That could easily mean the teacups and the Frisbee. Nobody should read too far into it.

Totally agree but I do think it’s expanding beyond those two particular rides which are natural fits based on their locations. Could easily have just said no if it was totally out of the equation. No confirmation officially though just speculation.

Crime Wave is fully taken apart and listed as temporarily unavailable.

IMG_20181028_130215.thumb.jpg.466a4854ac9d01713b5ad47636ff83a7.jpg

Meanwhile Goliath is listed as down for an extended rehab even though it reopened later in the day when temps hit above 50 degrees.

IMG_20181028_140712.thumb.jpg.35d2768d96b2e558ed86e3e4fbba8bf3.jpg

Overall it was a nice final day of Fright Fest and just found the signage funny.