TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm on my way to SFNE right now. I will post a full report and photos upon my return. I'm especially interested in the orange flags and cut markers on Cyclone. If the rumors are true we may be seeing TWO RMC projects at my two home parks. I would love to see new life breathed into the old gal.

Their are already many pictures of the markers and supports on a different forum, the ones on the supports can be hard to spot and most of the orange markers can be seen from the ride with only a couple viewable from off the ride

Went to the park yesterday from 1 pm to 8pm

Ride:

Tomahawk walkon

Houdini walkon

Sky screamer 45 mins

Goliath x2 30 mins

Dark knight 10 mins

Bizzaro had a 10 min wait but...

I could not ride Bizzaro, ride operators said my legs were too long. I used the test seat three times and got the yellow light to indicate it was safe to ride. When I got to the station I was turned away. Mind you I rode this coaster many times as sros with no problems and every other ride in the park without any size problems. The operators rudely told me the test seat is useless and there was nothing that could be done about it. They told me they have a new policy this year where after three tries at putting the bar down the guest will be turned away. They only tried once. Goliath ride operator was openly swearing in front of kids while checking restraints and the restaurant I went to forgot to bring our food and we had to ask for it several times after paying over 50 bucks.

Positive notes: sky screamer was awesome. Goliaths new train makes the wait much shorter. Batman the dark knight has a great crew and the line was much shorter this year.

Just looking forward to my trip to the Midwest now ... I'll be the first to admit that New England is home to ride people who lack courtesy and I'm very dissapointed in my home park.

That sounds like a typical SFNE day. At first it's really annoying when the park puts specific policies in place and operators ignore all of them in the most obnoxious ways possible but eventually you just get used to it as it happens so frequently. I wouldn't even mind it as much if everyone that worked in the park wasn't so incredibly rude.

That's too bad about Goliath, for awhile it was one of the only rides in the park that didn't have awful ride ops.

EDIT: I realized that I shouldn't have referred to the park as "SFNE", the proper term is "Six Flags New England, the 5th Friendliest Park in the World!".

Ok, that would explain a lot. I have people who I know that when ever a ride stalls or breaks down and therefore has to be fixed, say that someone was killed or hurt, and the worst part is that I will kindly remind them that you have a higher chance of dying in an average offline lawn chair, but they just don't listen. It bugs the heck out of me. Oh, and does anyone know weather they have resolved the issues with the new premier trains giving rough rides.

One more thing... every time I go to six flags Barman is a walk on. I have even had it where they let us go twice in a row.

Goliath is still quite rough even with the new train. The linear seating has made for a better wait time

overall since guests aren't confused by the previously offset seats.

Goliath was probably the only disappointment of my visit to SFNE last week. It was very intense as others suggested it to be, but in the end the roughness was just too much. Not a headbanger, but more of a jackhammer feeling at the low points of the track. I tried an inside seat in hopes of some redemption, but it was still a very rough ride. Too bad as I really had some decently high expectations for Goliath.

Is the ride capacity so much better now that they would have new trains when the old ones were fine? I know they couldn't predict this but if it ain't broke don't fix it and while the old ones might not have been perfect I guess there are other places where they could have spent the money better.

^The line moves faster this year, however I also think it has become less popular, as I've been a few times this year and I haven't seen the line get passed the first couple of switchbacks. Also, I went on NESS last time I was there, is the ride program always incredibly short? We were up there for at most a full rotation before we started coming down.

^It says right on the six flags website Bizarro has a max height of 76" or 6' 4". They also have a sign or height stick at the entrance. Here's the link it's on the right side. https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/bizarro

For those who are afraid, I'm 6'5" with a lot that in the legs and while I've never been on Bizarro (will later this summer), I have ridden Superman: Ride of Steel at SFA which has identical trains (including ankle "restraints") and height restrictions but I have ridden dozens of times without incident.

No guarantee of course, especially if ride ops are actively checking heights.

^It says right on the six flags website Bizarro has a max height of 76" or 6' 4". They also have a sign or height stick at the entrance. Here's the link it's on the right side. https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/bizarro

For those who are afraid, I'm 6'5" with a lot that in the legs and while I've never been on Bizarro (will later this summer), I have ridden Superman: Ride of Steel at SFA which has identical trains (including ankle "restraints") and height restrictions but I have ridden dozens of times without incident.

The trains aren't identical. When it became bizarro it got new trains with big lap bars and no legroom.

The trains aren't identical. When it became bizarro it got new trains with big lap bars and no legroom.

Huh, look at that, the restraints are different. That's what I get for doing a visual inspection on a phone.

Hold on couldn't all of these markings and clearings just be a launched coaster that could be put in? Cause if they're removing boomerang, they could put a Mr. freeze/Premier rides style launch there right next to cyclone? What happened to that rumor? Or is that rumor officially dead? Cause I dunno I guess I just feel that Iron Cyclone doesn't seem too likely! That'd mean that Rocky Mountain would be doing two iron horses in one year, and if they added a RMC woodie at another park...I dunno just seems like a little much for one year. Maybe its just me...

Edited by CPSFMMCW

Hold on couldn't all of these markings and clearings just be a launched coaster that could be put in? Cause if they're removing boomerang, they could put a Mr. freeze/Premier rides style launch there right next to cyclone? What happened to that rumor? Or is that rumor officially dead? Cause I dunno I guess I just feel that Iron Cyclone doesn't seem too likely! That'd mean that Rocky Mountain would be doing two iron horses in one year, and if they added a RMC woodie at another park...I dunno just seems like a little much for one year. Maybe its just me...

Who ever said there will be an RMC wooden coaster at another park?