TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It's not always all about how fast the crew is... the guests play a big factor in it too. Although, I have to admit... at a coaster like Diamondback, it shouldn't be that complicated (sit down, pull lap bar down, done.) I guess you have to also take into consideration people placing items into the bins, taking shoes off when they're not supposed to, etc.

Well if that's the case, it isn't just the crew but the guests who speed the process up on good days as well.

Trust me, I'very spent plenty of time on Nitro, and they're almost always sending a train out as soon as one crests the lift. Now that's a good crew.

Agreed on the Nitro crew. My observation on the DB crew was related to the fact that the single rider line is now gone, and it really didn't impact my ability to ride that much. More often than not that crew is great! Yes, the GP does impact dispatches too -- especially the fat A$$es!

Anyybody got any updates on SOB

Not sure if this was brought up before. It's not exactly new, but some may not know this. At Coastermania in June, the issue of SOB was brought up to "Big Dick" Kinzel. That same person stated (which I agree with) the success of the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas changing a woodie into a steel. Big Dick's response was (much to my surprise) they already spoke with Rocky Mountain Coasters about that change to SOB. The cost was 22 million dollars!!! He said they won't invest that kind of money in an existing coaster. That makes a lot of sense to me. Sounds like the SOB's days are numbered. Good bye... Time for something new.

For whatever reason Vortex seems to always be the last of the major rides to shut down when bad weather rolls in.

I noticed the same thing. Vortex ran for about a half an hour after Diamondaback closed the day I went.

Anyybody got any updates on SOB

Not sure if this was brought up before. It's not exactly new, but some may not know this. At Coastermania in June, the issue of SOB was brought up to "Big Dick" Kinzel. That same person stated (which I agree with) the success of the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas changing a woodie into a steel. Big Dick's response was (much to my surprise) they already spoke with Rocky Mountain Coasters about that change to SOB. The cost was 22 million dollars!!! He said they won't invest that kind of money in an existing coaster. That makes a lot of sense to me. Sounds like the SOB's days are numbered. Good bye... Time for something new.

I wouldn't say that. Just because it isn't getting the New Texas Giant treatment doesn't mean that htey won't do anything to it.

If any coaster were going to go to King's Island, they need a B&M invert of some sort. This is the one coaster that is really missing at this park. It would fit in perfectly at the park, much before a Giga anyways.

Inverts are SOOO 90s Get a DM or a floorless.

If any coaster were going to go to King's Island, they need a B&M invert of some sort. This is the one coaster that is really missing at this park. It would fit in perfectly at the park, much before a Giga anyways.

Inverts are SOOO 90s Get a DM or a floorless.

There would absolutely be nothing wrong with building a new one of those. I like them more than floorless coasters and DMs.