• Italian Stunt Track
    • Rita Queen Of Speed
    • Hades
    • Kanonen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the new for 2005's I've ridden so far this year (Powder Keg, Shakira, and Kanonen) It's a toss up for me between Powder Keg and Shakira. I think I will also end up on Hydra, Kingda Ka, and Hades this year. I don't expect my favorites to change!

Elissa "that is if Kingda Ka opens!" Alvey

I personally Think Sheikra is the best , but I'm going to vote for Rita: QoS simply because it different. Its not like any other intamin accelerator , it doesn't have a top hat, it doesn't have go very high, and I think that we should give alton towers the credit for not going with the crowd.

New for 2005 rides I have been on this year are...Powder Keg... Italian job Stunt Track.... Hades...Gold Rush Express...Orient Express(riverview).... And Mr Six. (im going on Hydra next week.. And ill see a closed KK too)

Of the ones I have been on I would say Hades was the best but even that could have been better

Powderkeg would have been better if it didnt stop so hard for the lifthill.. and if it did more after the lifthill..

IJST SUCKED... I hated it.

Goldrush is just a little kiddie as with Orient Express....

And then MrSix was just the biggest "POS" ever....

I voted for Hades because I heard good reviews for this coaster and I'll be riding it in two weeks. Reason why Kingda Klunk didn't get my vote is because it decided to become the world's largest POS when it broke down a week before I went down.

Craiggers "I still haven't gotten over the fact that when I went to GAdv, I saw Kingda Klunk, yet couldn't ride it" K

Out of those I have been on Italian Job, Powder Keg, and Hades, and my favorite was Hades. I honestly doubt I would like any of the others better than Hades, because I prefer wood over steel usually, and well, Hades is my favorite coaster... ever.

Well you live in Wisconsin so you dont count...Then again Ive only ridden IJST 5 times...who cares though? I mean, its just IJST... As for Hades, I managed to ride it twice...It wasnt an airtime machine for me, but I rode it after a backseat ride on Cyclops, so yeah....Im sure you know about that thing's perfection^^

I voted Sheikra.

Although I haven't been on it yet, I have watched the video and it looks awesome. (Thanks Robb for the vid!)

Also a tie to that one would be Hades(also haven't ridden yet). It looks awesome.

How many times can I use awesome in a post? It would be so awesome if I like got an awesome award for using awesome so many times!

IJST is the only one on the list I have ridden so far. It's a fun little coaster, but nothing to write home about.

Out of the ones listed I have only been on Kingda Ka and Hydra the Revenge.

I like Hydra the Revenge better than Kingda Ka because I didn't fall asleep on Hydra the Revenge. IMO if you have been on TTD you have been on Kingda Ka.

I haven't been on it but I think Sheikra is the best coaster of 2005.

So far this year I've been on Hydra, Sheikra, Powder Keg, Mr Six's Pandemonium, and sat on Kingda Klosed for 30 minutes. Haven't been on any IJST yet, nor Hades, which I will amend in a few weeks. Of them, I'd say Sheikra is the best. Its got a ride, and though short, its fun, thrilling, and feels complete. Powder Keg is a close second, but with the lifthill and not much after it, it falls just short. Besides, Sheikra's watersplash actually works, and is VERY effective. What's the purpose of Powder Keg's water base at the bottom of the first drop? Will that ever do anything??

Both have excellent theming though and are excellent rides.

The only one that I've riden is the Italian Job. I'm sure it wouldn't be my favorite out of all of them but if you haven't riden it, its hysterical. I went with my friends and I think we laughed like crazy the whole way. It's not the tallest or fastest but it was fun!