TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Damn Tip Sheet Period

I just took a few minutes and updated a couple more parks. I've just kind of done a little bit of editing to some and made some slight changed to a few to keep everything uniform. I don't start my new job until tomorrow, or I'll have a bunch of time to get some of this done today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Great America

Park management

-get to the park early, world be good to arrive before opening

-go to Superman first if you want the credit

-Dark Knight should be ridden early as it gets long lines with frequent breakdowns

-Continue working your way in a counter-clockwise circle around the park. Most of the coasters you can go on now either have short lines, or the line moves quickly.

-If you like water parks, hit up Hurricane Harbor later in the day as the lines will be shorter, and because it is a really nice park.

-If you do end up at the park on a Saturday or a crowded Sunday, get a Q-bot.

Best time to go to the park

-weekdays, but Sundays aren't that bad either

-do not visit on a Saturday

-do not visit in August as the park is packed and the weather is awful

Food Recommendations

-Aunt Martha's Boarding House is a hit or miss. Sometimes it is good, and other times not so much

-Ma and Pa's Trail Grub has a great 1/3 pound brat with a side of curly fries for I think $7. It is probably one of the best values in the park.

-Claim Jumpers has a decent cheese and beef sandwich

-Panda Express...no need to explain

-Make sure you get a funnel cake sundae (either by Whizzer or Iron Wolf) as they are awesome

Ride Recommendations

-Raging Bull

-Viper

-American Eagle

-V2

-Dark Knight (at least once)

-Batman (the original)

-Giant Drop

-Revolution (if its open)

-King Chaos (if its open)

-River Rocker (yes its just a swinging ship, but it is a good one)

-Hurricane Harbor

As Elissa said, this has been an ongoing project of mine. I have a specific format this stuff goes in, so keep posting your tips here, and I'll incorporate them into the documents I am creating.

Lots of good stuff here I can use, so keep it up! You guys rock.

dt

Also one thing to keep in mind. If you are reporting on a local park and have information about how to get there via public transportation that would be very helpful. Sometimes this is the most useful info for guests visting your park from out of town.

Kings Island

Don't go.

Can you please explain why you say that? Is it because of the name changes? That's a bad reason to not go to an amusement park.

Additional stuff for SFGAm:

Six Flags Great America

Park management

- County Fair doesn't open till 11:00 am. These rides that don't open until that time are the Demon, American Eagle, Iron Wolf, Fiddler's Fling, Wiggle's World, and the Great American Raceway. I don't know if the train opens because it is in County Fair, but it is in Hometown Square.

- This park is strong in operations as they will have 2 - 3 trains per ride running besides the mice coasters which have more than 2 - 3.

- In case, you didn't get the memo, you cannot get on Deja Vu, Space Shuttle America, or Splash Water Falls anymore.

- There is a sign that says no single riders are allowed on the Great American Raceway (Antique Cars).

- For the Dark Knight, you have 2 rows of line, than you enter the theater. Than, you have 8 rows of line, and than you go into a preshow which is about 4 minutes long. After that preshow, you have some more hallways of line. So, it's going to be a pretty long line especially when they only have 6 cars running.

Since last time, they might have taken one off because they been having trouble with that ride. My average for a ride time on this ride is a little more than an hour (1 hour and 9 minutes), but I avoid Saturdays.

- Ragin Cajun takes forever. It looks like hardly any people are in line, but it just is slow as heck waiting in line for that ride.

Food Recommendations

-I second the funnel cake sundae. This comes with ice cream, chocolate or strawberry syrup, and a cherry on top. It's pricey, but so good.

Ride Recommendations

Add to the list:

- Whizzer

- Ricochet

Carowinds

Park Management

-If you REALLY want to hit Nighthawk up, GET THERE EARLY AND DO IT IN THE MORNING. The GP goes CRAZY for flyers, especially in Charlotte.

-Don't worry a thing about Afterburn. Line moves fast and operations are usually pretty good. You wont wait more than 45 minutes on a crowded day, and it's worth it.

-Ricochet's lines get ridiculous on a crowded day, so if you wanna ride, sucks for you, cause I would suggest not doing so.

-There are a few games you should play if you wanna win a prize. PLAY THE QUARTER TOSS. PLAY THE AGE/WEIGHT. PLAY THE WATER SHOOT RACE THING.

-Don't buy pictures at Carowinds unless you REALLY wanna cherish the moment. They're bad quality and they're overpriced since Dicky-poo took over.

Ride Recommendations

NO MATTER WHAT RIDE: Afterburn, Hurler, Drop Tower, Thunder Road, Phantom Flyers, and Southern Star

IF SHORT LINES, RIDE: Nighthawk, Vortex, Carolina Cyclone, Rip Roarin Rapids, Flying Super Saturator, Fairly Odd Coaster, Scooby Doo's Mansion, WhiteWater Falls, GoldRusher

DONT RIDE: Screamweaver (BOOORRRIIINGG), Yo-Yo (It's cute, but meh), Skytower (Obviously), Kaleidoscope, Dodgems

Food Recommendations

Hit up either Chick-Fil-A or the Country Kitchen for just plain good food. If you want something interesting, try Outer Hanks on the Boardwalk. Don't eat at Wings. The pizza is undercooked, the burgers are gross and buns are stale, just don't do it.

How your day at Carowinds should go down

If you arrive at Carowinds in the morning, go straight for Nighthawk. After that, travel up the concrete sidewalk to the RFD. DO NOT GO TO THE COUNTY FAIR, Save it. Ride Scooby Doo if the line is short, then walk down the RFD midway towards the Boardwalk. If you're thirsty, stop at that cool Icee fill station thing, good icees, good price. If it's hot, look at WhiteWater Falls' line, if short, do it. If not, keep walking past the games to the Carolina Boardwalk. Don't worry about Ricochet, it's not worth it. Ride the Cyclone if the line is short, then go to the Thrill Zone. Hurler's line may be long, but the operations are normally great. Ride it. Just do it. After, ride Drop Tower. Then travel back up towards the Theatre, and look at the Vortex area. Don't be fooled if the line looks short, it wraps ALL THE WAY AROUND THE STATION on a hot day with ZERO shade. Don't ride it if the line is long if you dont want heat stroke. Walk through the tunnel with plants over it. If you want to sit down, it's comfortable in there. If not, keep going through it. Look at Rip Roarin Rapids, if the line is long (IT ALWAYS IS RIDICULOUS) don't do it. Keep walking back to the entrance. STOP. You've just made a circle around Carowinds. Now do it again, except different. Walk back past Nighthawk into Nick Central. Now get the Fairly Odd Coaster Credit and ride the flyers. Then, walk through the tunnel to Afterburn. Ride Afterburn 1st, then walk to Southern Star, and finally Thunder Road. You've just conquered everything important at Carowinds. Now, if you want, ride everything else.

Hope you've enjoyed.

Since so one gives KI love but me, I guess I'm destined to do this.

Kings Island

Park Management:

Even on dead days at the park, there will be full operations, unless it's a day early or late in the season when they can't get enough workers. The park is sterling on opening time and getting a mob in front of the rope before it's dropped.

People are generally nice, the park is well kept up and it's clean.

Ride Recommendations:

Firehawk - It's the newest coaster at the park, slow with operations, unreliable when it comes to being open. I'm not sure how it is this year, but it wasn't too good on opening up at 10. Anyways, I'd go there first. Expect a long line all day. It's a nice coaster when you get to ride it, but make sure you're hydrated going into the line. I recommend the front seat, but you might be assigned. Don't forget to buy a locker to put your loose articles in!

Flight of Fear - Conveniently located next to Firehawk, so it will absorb some of the crowd. It usually has a 20-40 minute line because it seems to be the GP's favorite ride, and it's air conditioned. The front seat is my favorite, it's very forceful, smooth, and is all around a great ride.

Vortex - The park's multi looping Arrow awesome coaster. It's a line eater with three trains usually operating. For the best results, I'd go for the back seat for a nice whip of airtime on the first drop. It can be jerky towards the front, so you're warned. 15-20 minutes on a crowded day.

Invertigo/Face:Off - It's the invterted boomerang. One train op, so expect a 25-30 minute wait after 12PM on a crowded day. I've rarely had a bad ride on this coaster, stick to the front or back. This ride will throw you around...in the awesome juicy good way.

The Beast - Like SoB I've been avoiding the backseat like the plague due to horrible rides. Seriously...save this for the last ride of the trip. At night, it's a fun ride. During the day...it's just meh. Lines can get bad on a crowded day. BEWARE: This ride will TEMPORARILY CLOSE at 9:40 because the fireworks are close to the ride. It should resume operations at 10:05ish? Did the Midwest Trippers have problems with this?

Son Of Beast - Oddly enough, this ride has constantly had a 20 minute wait every time I've visited. The best bet is for the front seat. Be sure to lean foreward on the first helix and hold on tight! This is one big, scary monster.

Adventure Express - I wouldn't worry about lines for this ride. Usually 15 minutes max. It's a classic Arrow mine train with quick hairpin turns, sudden drops, and wierd tunnels and.....THE BEST ENDING EVER!

Racers - Both seem the same to be except for one thing. If you're a backseat rider, go for the BLUE racer. If you're a front seat person, go for the RED racer. Just seemed better to me. Don't expect a long wait for this one.

Flight Deck/Top Gun - The best seat on this ride really is the back. It's got a nice pop of air in the first drop, and it throws you past 90* a few times. Lines can get lengthy because of constant stacking.

Backlot Stunt Coaster/IJST - Still one of the most intense helixes around. It's a nice coaster when the effects all work, but definitely worth the wait. Front seat will provide best experiences on this coaster! Ops are usually good with getting trains in and out, but lines can get up to 30 minutes on a crowded day.

Delirium - This is a very popular flat at KI. I'd say a good 30 minute wait on average/crowded days. I'd plan for a morning ride.

Drop Tower - My favorite ride at KI. It's the 310ft drop ride that consistently provides excellent airtime and views. Usually 15-20 minutes on ok days.

The Crypt - It's a mystery when it comes to operations. It frequently breaks down, and lines can go from 20-50 minutes. Be very cautious, but rides will be in for a big treat.

Avatar - It's one of the 'disk-o' coasters, but offers different seating. It's one of my favorite rides, and should definitely be visited when coming to the park! 10-20 minutes wait?

Wild Thornberry's River - It's a small log ride that doesn't really have much to offer. It's got one drop and you get wet because water leaks into the boat, and a hose sprays you in the end. 15-30 minutes.

Food:

-Subway

-Skyline: A Cincinnati only thing. It's amazing chili.

-Larosas Pizza: Another Cincinnati thing. Really good pizza. Sweet tomato sauce.

-Festhaus

Standoutish things:

-Fireworks every night at 10

Halloween Haunt is freaking awesome. Definitely worth a stop by for the haunted attractions.

^How long is the line usually for the Scooby-Doo laser shooting ride? If the park is only open till 10:00, why do they have the Beast open at 10:05? Is it open later than the rest of the park?

Is the Invertigo packed even at the beginning of the day, or are people always going towards the back of the park to get on Flight of Fear, or Firehawk? Also, is the waterpark separate admission or not? I think it is, but I don't see where it says it is automatically included with admission.

Does the Backlot Stunt Coaster have any airtime on it? Does the carousel go quite fast for a carousel? I see it's an old PTC, and I really like an old PTC carousel that goes fast enough for a carousel.

Not sure where to ask this, and didn't want to make a new thread: does anybody know SFGAdv' policy on flip-flop shoes on rides? I believe that on Medusa and B:TR you can sit on them, but what about Superman? Thanks!

(Who didn't expect this?)

Holiday World

Park Management

- If you are looking for credits, get to the park before opening. When the ribbons are cut, run down to Raven, then Legend, down the hill to Voyage, and back up to the Howler. I assure you, this is NOT how you want to spend your visit at Holiday World!

- If you are looking for an enjoyable day, go down to The Voyage first. Before Splashin' Safari opens, grab a locker. At 10:30, ride all of the large slides first, and then travel back up the hill to Holiday World before 1:30 CST; it will be empty.

- I suggest scooter rentals for those with knee, foot, or back problems, because the park is sloped and not very easy to maneuver

- Parking, waterpark tubes, sunscreen, and unlimited soft drinks are all FREE!

- May and early June, September

- AVOID WEEKENDS IN JULY AND AUGUST!

Food Recommendations

- Safari Jack's & Kringle's Cafe both offer some of the best pizza and cheese fries around!

- The Alamo is a great Mexican Restaurant

- Bahari Snacks can treat you to some of the best junk food ever created, from "Cheesecake on a Stick" to "Deep-fried Oreos"

Ride Recommendations

- Voyage: Voted the #1 wooden coaster in the world. The best ride can be found on 2:1 (the 3rd row!)

- Raven: A great CCI woodie pack full of speed and unexpected airtime. DEFINITELY a back-seat ride!

- Legend: A decent CCI woodie with a great first drop and plenty of laterals

- Frightful Falls: great log flume with a concrete trough. There is a small drop in the underground tunnel that will soak the front-seat rider, and an on-ride camera that will take you by surprise!

- Reindeer Games: Moser Spring Ride. Yes, it is in the children's section, but it is honestly one of the best flats in the park. DO NOT miss this!

- Eagle's Flight: Classic Flyers

Also, is the waterpark separate admission or not? I think it is, but I don't see where it says it is automatically included with admission.

On the website it says : "50 water activities, including: 30 water slides, tropical lagoons, rushing rivers, surfable waves, three family activity areas and careening waterfalls, all surrounded by lush landscaping. It's all at Boomerang Bay, included FREE with park admission!"

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/visit/visit_teens.cfm

IF it was my first time at Holiday World, what I would do is get to Voyage first, it will usually has a line most of the day. But the other two coasters will have little lines early in the season and late once the water park opens and everyone heads down there. You also forgot to mention the water park.

Splashin Safari

Do get to the water park before it opens to get a locker. It is only 10 dollars at first, but you get 7 of it back when you return the key.

The newer slides will get lines faster, so hit up Bakuli and Jungle Racer before the others will.

Monsoon Lagoon and Kima Bay are great for Kids

As Dbru said, Bahari Snacks is a great place. I recommend the Bosco Sticks, Breadstick with Cheese in it for only 2.69 plus tax.

^How long is the line usually for the Scooby-Doo laser shooting ride? If the park is only open till 10:00, why do they have the Beast open at 10:05? Is it open later than the rest of the park?

Is the Invertigo packed even at the beginning of the day, or are people always going towards the back of the park to get on Flight of Fear, or Firehawk? Also, is the waterpark separate admission or not? I think it is, but I don't see where it says it is automatically included with admission.

Does the Backlot Stunt Coaster have any airtime on it? Does the carousel go quite fast for a carousel? I see it's an old PTC, and I really like an old PTC carousel that goes fast enough for a carousel.

The park closes at 10PM. But what park stops operations and forces people from the lines?

Scooby Doo is usually a 20 minute wait on average. I waited 10 the other day, though.

Backlot has two points of airtime in the front seat - after the 89*turn, you swoop down then up: airtime. Coming up into the 'dead end alley' there's some airtime.

The carousel moves at a...moderate pace?

Boomerang Bay is included. Everyone usually rushes for Firehawk and FoF at the beginning of the day. Though Invertigo is always a one train op. lines can build up after 11:30-12.

Indiana Beach

Park Management:

-Early Ride Session is best to get all the rides, I can ride everything I want and be done in 4 hours when the lines form.

-Late ride session is best to hit rides at night with min. lines.

-If Lost Coaster has a short line, get on it, this coaster has a train capacity of 8 per train. If low attendance, they might only run one train.

Cons:

-re ride policy is that you have to get out of your seat and go around again. Sometimes it is enforced, sometimes it is not.

-I heard there is a rule that if the train is less than half full, the big wooden coasters run every 15 minutes or full trains.

- On the white train of Hoosier Hurricane, a few of the seats and padding has been replaced by hardened plastic that hurts like no tomorrow is you are wider or bigger.

Pros:

-The setting of this park is so nice of it being on the water.

- Flat rides have a long program cycle.

- Bumper cars are really fun.

Coasters:

Lost Coaster of Supersticous Mountain: This ride used to be a powered ride and CCI redid it to be a coaster in 2002. You can still see some fo the old track below the new track at parts of the ride. Ride has many quick turns and things you wouldn't think a wooden coaster train should do. It has air time, quick turns, and unexpected things. And a elevator lift.

Cornball Express: A CCI coaster. Out of the station you make a u turn into the lift hill. The first drop is a curve drop that has insane ejector air in the back seat. There is air time moments all over the track.

Tiger: A standard production model Jet star, but this coaster has no restraints. Has quite a bit of speed also.

Hoosier Hurricane: Another CCI. This one is built over the water for the first portion and part of the return leg. Quite a few moments of airtime in the back seat and front. The back has some ouch moments, though.

Galaxi: Another standard coaster, it is fun though.

Steel Hawg: Brand New coaster from S & S, it is not open yet and no significant track has been placed so don't know what to expect.

Ride Recommendations:

Double Shot: It is a standard S & S double shot, but it is fun.

Schaffer Queen: Nice relaxing cruise on the lake on a paddle boat. The short rides are included in pop bands. The long ride is 1/2 price with pop band.

Air Crow: Flying Scooters, but at full length, you are out over the lake.

Water Swings: Standard Yo yo swings, but again, at full length, you are out of the lake.

*This was my personal opinion, take it for what you like*

hey,

its my first time going to cedar point this summer and i want to get everything done and have a great time. we are staying at hotel breakers

and we will be in the park for one day and one twilight day

do you have any tips to getting in all the rides? its such a big park

and offers so many different rides. any tips would be great!

thankyou

hey,

its my first time going to cedar point this summer and i want to get everything done and have a great time. we are staying at hotel breakers

and we will be in the park for one day and one twilight day

do you have any tips to getting in all the rides? its such a big park

and offers so many different rides. any tips would be great!

thankyou

That sounds exactly like my trip last year, except I went on a Monday night/Tuesday day July 30th and 31st. For the evening, I rode half of the credits, so the next day was getting rerides and front rides and any other credits I might have missed. I was at the park from like 3PM until closing and got in:

-Blue Streak (5 min wait for front)

-Raptor (45 min wait for front)

-Disaster Transport (25 min wait)

-Wicked Twister (20 min wait)

-Iron Dragon (20 min wait)

-TTD (60-75 min wait)

-MF (75 min wait at closing)

Along with many other flat rides. Then the next day I woke up for Early Entry which I highly recommend that you use for MF or Maverick. The only really long lines (60+ min) are for MF, TTD, Maverick, Raptor maybe, and maybe the water rides if it's really hot. However you are going on a Saturday and that will probably be more crowded. Get there early, ride the rides with long lines first and last and you should be fine.

Another thing I recommend for anyone visiting Cedar Point in the future, is to send away for their Getaway Guide. There are a lot of discounts in the back of the guide for food, admission tickets, hotels, etc. Just go the website and it's under "Plan a Visit". Just remember to order it in advance to your visit, because you can't get it at the park.

The park closes at 10PM. But what park stops operations and forces people from the lines?

Scooby Doo is usually a 20 minute wait on average. I waited 10 the other day, though.

Backlot has two points of airtime in the front seat - after the 89*turn, you swoop down then up: airtime. Coming up into the 'dead end alley' there's some airtime.

The carousel moves at a...moderate pace?

Boomerang Bay is included. Everyone usually rushes for Firehawk and FoF at the beginning of the day. Though Invertigo is always a one train op. lines can build up after 11:30-12.

Thanks for the information.

HERSHEYPARK

Park Management:

-Head to Fahrenheit first thing. The line probably will probably decently long later in the day over the summer. After that, head to Storm Runner.

-If you want to get a decent chair at The Boardwalk, head over and mark your territory. The lockers are unlimited use so you don't have to worry about how many times you go to them.

-Take care of the rides in the back of the park (Midway America) while you are there. Most people will start at the front and work back.

-Do as much as you can before 1 which is when the park typically gets much more crowded.

-Everything will be opened no matter how empty the park is.

Ride Recommendations:

-Fahrenheit: New for 2008. 97 degree drop which is the steepest in the US. Really good pacing. My pick for best coaster in the park. Best time to ride is either right when the park opens or later on in the day. There is no shade in the line except a few trees so be prepared to wait in the sun. The line moves quickly.

-Storm Runner: Intamin rocket coaster. It was the first one to have inversions. They are nothing like any other coaster. A must ride. Try to ride early or later. Line averages around one to 1.5 hours over the summer.

-Reeses Xtreme Cup Challenge: Really fun interactive dark ride. You play as either Team Chocolate or Team Peanut Butter and compete against the other team. If you don't mind splitting up your group, the single rider line is the way to go.

-Great Bear: B&M invert. Decent ride. The line isn't usually too long except for Saturdays during late June and July.

-Lightning Racer: Racing and dueling woodie. Typically doesn't have a long wait. It is better to ride later in the day when all the lanes are open and the coaster actually races.

-Wildcat: Much better with new Millennium Flyer trains. Lots of crossovers and great pacing. It is a little rough so beware.

Other decent rides: Sooper Dooper Looper (Looper), Comet (Classic Woodie), Kissing Tower (Observation Tower), Flying Falcon (Huss Condor), The Claw (Pendulum), Coal Cracker (Log Flume)

Food:

-Subway (2 locations)

-Famous Famiglia (2 locations): Decent pizza stand

-Boardwalk Fries

-Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs: Incredibly expensive but pretty good

-Tudor Grill: Sit-down restaurant located outside the main gate. Has alright food.

Best time to visit:

-May or September are the obvious choices. The Boardwalk does not open until Memorial Day so take that into account.

-Most weekdays during the summer are not bad.

-AVOID SATURDAYS IN JUNE, JULY, AND EARLY AUGUST.

Kennywood

Park Management:

-Kennywood is generally good about keeping the lines moving. The only rides that have slow moving lines on a regular basis are the Aero 360, Cosmic Chaos, Exterminator, and Garfield's nightmare.

- The park can get crowded on the weekends, so beware. Otherwise, it's typically light.

- The exterminator typically has the longest line in the park, so be sure to ride it right around opening time or a little before closing when the crowd dies down.

-Rides and coasters continue to operate in light to moderate rain as long as it isn't storming.

Ride Recommendations:

- The Phantoms Revenge

A Morgan/Arrow hybrid hypercoaster. Features a 160 ft. tall first drop and a 228 ft. second drop into a ravine and through the Thunderbolt, also features extreme ejector towards the end of the ride. Highly rated among enthusiasts.

- Pitt Fall

A 250 ft. tall Intamin drop tower with a black and gold paint scheme. Nothing too special about it, just yummy Intamin goodness.

-Swingshot

A typical S&S screamin' swing. Fairly intense and gives a good, fun ride.

- Ghostwood Estate (New for 2008)

A well-themed interactive dark ride that utilizes ETF Mystic Movers and excellent theming by Halloween Productions. Features a decent pre-show. Not very scary, although there is a startle or two (Watch out for the bookcase).

- The Racer, Jackrabbit, and Thunderbolt

The park's three wooden coasters.

*The Racer is a racing coaster. The Racer features a mobius layout: a train will return to the station on the opposite side from which it left.

*The Jackrabbit is one of the oldest coasters in the world and has a unique double-dip that provides good airtime.

*Finally, the Thunderbolt features high laterals and a nice big 90 ft. drop into the same ravine as the Phantom's Revenge, whose track passes through it and doubles as a head-chopper.

Food Recommendations:

-Potato Patch

Freakin' good fries, some of the best around.

Other notes: Kennywood has a unique, anachronistic feel to it. It features many historic, last-of-their-kind rides and is one of only two amusement parks to be designated a national historic landmark.

• 4 weeks later...

Magic Springs and Crystal Falls

Park Management

*The park hardly ever has long lines. The only time lines start to build up are on weekends during the summer. When they do have lines the longest one is for The Gauntlet.

*Avoid riding Magic Swings or Arkansas Twister when the park first opens because those are the first rides people go to. Instead, head to the back of the park around the X Coaster, the park will basically be deserted so you can get alot done in that area in a short amount of time. After the park has been open for a while the wait times will start to even out. Lunch time is the WORST time to eat (they often run out of food at many of their restraunts). Eat lunch earlier than you normally would before the food runs out. Mid-day is when the water rides and the water park start to get crowded. When it's hot Plummet Summit is the most popular ride because you'll get soaked. Avoid riding Arkansas Twister when the park closes because people try to fit one more ride in.

*The park is shaped like a U, so it's tough to get from one side of the park to the other. The hilly terrain only adds to the probem.

*The best time to visit the park is before the summer starts and after summer is over. Those times are PERFECT because the weather is nice and the lines are very short. If you go to the park during the summer go on a weekday (the lines will be okay).

*DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND! Summer weekends a terrible at the park. The operations are just plain bad! Besides that, the concert series draws in way more people than the park can handle.

Food Recommendations

*The Deep Woods Diner provides good food and an air conditioned place to eat it.

*The Ouachita Mountain Barbeque Company serves some finger lickin' good Barbeque.

*If you looking for something sweet head over to Auntie Mae's Candy Shop. You can buy some really cool sweet treats and some souvenirs at the same time.

Ride Recommendations

*X Coaster- The only X car coaster in the US. (FYI they've only ran it at 1/2 capacity or 1/3 capacity since it got stuck upside down, don't really know why)

*The Gauntlet- Just you standard SLC, but alot smoother than you would expect because of the new wheel assembly.

*Plummet Summit- If you're wanting to cool off without having to walk to the waterpark you can ride this.

*Arkansas Twister- A classic out and back coaster. It's a little bumpy, but not enough to take away from the ride. (If you ride towards the front it's smoother)

*Big Bad John- It provides a nice stroll through the woods. Be ready for a fun finale!

*Wild Thang- Who doesn't love a power surge?!?!

*Old No. 2 Logging Company- A fun little flume ride for the whole family.

*Twist 'n Shout- A wild mouse with very little trimming which provides an insane ride! (It's a litte painful, but since they added some padding it helps a little.) (FYI, be ready for a little kick at the bottom of the lift hill.)

General Info

*Take advantage of the free sunscreen.

*The free Pepsi products a great help during those hot summer days.

*Since they offer free tubes at Crystal Falls you don't have to go through the trouble of renting your own tube.