TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to Holiday in the Park today and there was actually a fairly good size crowd for Six Flags America standards. Firebird and Wild One were running very well while Roar was a little rougher than last season, but still a solid wooden coaster. Also saw that they started some work over in Gotham which just gets me more excited for the 2020 season with Harley Quinn opening up!

Nice to hear! Those booths were underutilized and somewhat in the way of crowds, glad the area’s being improved. Between this and the bathrooms from last year it looks like SF is actually giving a crap about the overall experience, which is good news.

Btw where did you hear this, a link would be nice.

Six Flags America will be updating the front entrance area with a 1500 sq ft ticketing building and a 2000 sq ft security building. This will go where the five small ticketing booths used to stand.

They should move the new buildings off to the side, it's a shame to block such a beautiful park entrance with a ticket building. Imagine walking into Disneyland and right in front of the train station is a cement block building? Horrid!

• 2 weeks later...

With the Harley Quinn ride being added, I can really hope they do DC Comics theming of this and not making it a generic flat like Riddle Me This. Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth has a themed entrance arch but that is it. Hopefully this flat can have an indoor themed queue, perhaps themed to Arkham Asylum. Possibly a Harley animatronic in the queue too?

This park REALLY needs a dark ride. Skull Mountain was a classic but the park has felt heartless without a dark attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the repainting the Firebird trains? They're a year old.

edit: nevermind. Fireball. Duh. The fact that they called that... ahem... train "trains" threw me off.

• 1 month later...

Nice! It looks like Six Flags America is really doing a lot for 2020! It seems like Six Flags is really doing a lot of capital spending into just improving their parks overall this year. The two best examples would be Six Flags America overhauling that section of the park with repainting and adding new lights to Riddle Me This, completely repainting Joker's Jinx, adding a big new thrill ride, and adding a new shop and bar. Six Flags St. Louis is overhauling their front entrance and adding a big new thrill ride.

Wow! That’s a nice list of updates. New paint on Joker’s Jinx should be great. All of the other stuff is nice to hear too.

I will admit that my 2019 visit to SFA was better than my 2016 visit, and while I’m still not incredibly fond of the park, I am happy to see Six Flags invest in various upgrades throughout the park.

The DC Villains Bar is an AMAZING CONCEPT! It needs immersive theming (similar to Penguin's Blizzard River station queue)

I'm sure it'll be just as immersive as Great Adventures incredibly immersive Villians Cafe.

villians.thumb.jpg.a8dc1f4d497183a1316f8ac6967ff9a8.jpg

Photo courtesy of Great Adventure History.

^

if you don't write your daily bullshit, you're not happy are you?

No

Anyway, you're right I'm just joking around. It'll probably be highly immersive. I'm thinking something like Star Trek: The Experience, Trader Sams or Oga's Cantina but better.

Edited by coasterbill