TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Getting stuck on a ride!

Oh! I was in the backseat of Top Gun when I saw a ride op telling someone near the front to put their camera away. They did. About halfway up the lift they stopped us and came over the speakers telling this guy to put the camera away. Well I guess he didn't think they were talking to him, so an op walked up the lift and told him to put it away or they would take it. So he put it away

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At La Ronde, I've been stuck on the Bateau Pirate and the Condor.

On the Pirate, the wheel thing on the ground stopped working, so the boat was just swinging for a good 10-15 minutes before they got it working. It sucked because I don't like swinging ships that much to begin with, and A Ronde's goes really high.

On the Condor, it ran its normal cycle, which is really fast for a Huss Condor, so it reaches the top, and starts to slow down, which I thought was odd because it usually doesn't. Finally it just stopped spinning all together. After about 5 minutes they lowered it back down, but with no spinning. It wasn't bad or anything, and I got some pretty good pictures from up there.

It seemed like rides broke down alot the few times I've been there. Everytime I'm there, it seems like Le Boomerang always breaks atleast once during the day.

At La Ronde, I've been stuck on the Bateau Pirate and the Condor. On the Pirate, the wheel at the base stopped working, so it was just swinging for about 10-15 minutes before they got it working. On the Condor, it ran it's normal really fast cycle until the top, where it started to slow down more and more until it completely stopped. After about 5 minutes they lowered it down with no spinning. It was kind of cool, and I got some good pictures from up there.

Everytime I've been to La Ronde, it seems like at least 2-3 rides break down in some way during the day, especially Le Boomerang. Out of all the times I've been there, I've never seen it run for a full day without any problems.

At La Ronde, I've been stuck on the Bateau Pirate and the Condor.

On the Pirate, the wheel at the base stopped working, so it was just swinging for about 10-15 minutes before they got it working. It sucked because I don’t like swinging ships that much to begin with.

On the Condor (which I don’t like that much either, only because theirs goes REALLY fast) it ran it's normal cycle until the top, where it started to slow down more and more until it completely stopped. After about 5 minutes they lowered it down with no spinning. It was kind of cool, and I got some good pictures from up there.

Everytime I've been to La Ronde, it seems like at least 2-3 rides break down in some way during the day, especially Le Boomerang. Everytime I've been there, I've never seen it run for the full day without any problems.

Myself and Nodders got stuck on Nightmare at Crack Axle Canyon at Great Escape in 2001, the ride shut down and got stuck on the MCBR. The work lights immediately came on, maintenance came up to us and had to release the brakes manually. We finished the ride with the lights on.

We also got stuck on AIR in 2002, the seats would not come down so we were stuck in assumed position for near 40 minutes. They had to manually release everyone out, we were at the back so those at the front were probably there for well over an hour.

airstuck.jpg.32ef63a1741fb7904c071a36571250ab.jpg

Yours truly getting released, Photo by Nodders

We also got stuck on AIR in 2002, the seats would not come down so we were stuck in assumed position for near 40 minutes. They had to manually release everyone out, we were at the back so those at the front were probably there for well over an hour.

Did you find it painful lying there and getting out?

When getting down, I pulled something in my thigh and now my leg locks in the most awkward times (like on log flumes) and my leg completely spazzes out

Baco broke down on me, with one second to go to launch.

The mad inventor fell into the wine, then...nothing. Screens went blank and sound stopped. Mechanics rolled us back into station(after disengaging winch and brake fins) and got us out. They sent one train round then got us back on. I seen them checking the restraints, and I think a restraint may have come loose and the failsafe kicked in, not too sure.

Baco broke down on me, with one second to go to launch.

The mad inventor fell into the wine, then...nothing. Screens went blank and sound stopped. Mechanics rolled us back into station(after disengaging winch and brake fins) and got us out. They sent one train round then got us back on. I seen them checking the restraints, and I think a restraint may have come loose and the failsafe kicked in, not too sure.

I have been riding rollercoasters my enitre life, my coaster count is somewhere over 150, and yet I have only gotten stuck on a coaster(in apalce that isn't the station) this August.

It was sitting next to Robb on the front row of Hades. Totally kickass for a first time getting stuck on a coaster.

All the breakdowns i've experienced have been at La Ronde. I've been stuck on Le Boomerang, Super Manege, Bateau Pirate and the Condor.

Boomerang and Super Manage were both on the lift hill, Boomerang for like 10 minutes and Super Manage for about 15.

I was on Bateau Pirate when the wheel on the bottom stopped working and it took about 10 minutes for maintenance to come and fix it. On the Condor (which I don't like that much because theirs goes REALLY fast)it stopped at the top for about 5 minutes and then lowered down with no spinning.

La Ronde doesnt seem to me like they take very much care of their rides, especially Le Boomerang. Out of all the times I've been there (4 times), I've never seen it run for the entire day without any problems.

Two summers ago I was stuck in the break run on Whizzer. I know no big deal, but the kid I was babysitting was with me and he thought it was great. Later that day he got stuck in the break run on Spacely Sprocket Rockets. I think the highlight of his day was getting stuck on two rides.

I got stuck on top thrill dragster when I was at Cedar Point... it sucked big time because I had been waiting in line for an hour and really had to take a dump. My girlfriend convinced me to just get on the ride because it would be quick... little did I know that I'd be stuck on the launch ramp for 30 minutes. UGH... when we got back in the station I said I didn't even care to ride "soon" and made a b-line for the bathroom. Possibly the worse experience of my life... but we got to ride it twice in 10 minutes hte next day right after they reopened it so, all in all, I still love that ride.