TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Hello Friends!!!

Thanks for helping out our TPR friend, lets hope he wins!

This update is the 2nd round of the Big Mike vs. Big Mike challenge!!!

This event is when yours truly, TPR Big Mike travels to establishments on his coaster trips that also call themselves Big Mikes and then challenges that Big Mike to a contest to see which Big Mike is actually bigger!!!

Last year we visited Big Mike's Frozen Tundra in Dewey Beach Deleware and found out that Big Mike had left there 6 years ago, so TPR Big Mike got a victory and opened the campaign at 1-0.

They were gracious in defeat and gave TPR Big Mike a nice Big Mike's cup.

The contest was a hit with readers, so this year we have planned a few more challenges.

This is Big Mike vs. Big Mike challenge #2:

The competition this time is Big Mike's Restaurant in Bellflower Ca!

Also, we will get back on track with trip reports starting with Holiday World tomorrow and following that will be Beech Bend with the 2nd round of FIND THE DUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will see some friendly faces at Coney Island this Saturday for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at noon, then the new coaster in Coney Island, and then the NY Aquarium, probably followed by a Broadway Show in NYC!

Hope you enjoy!

Peace, Big Mike

IMG5114.jpg.855a51134bd980a8cdebcbab314cb3d4.jpg

Stay tuned all season long for more Big Mike vs. Big Mike challenges!!

Finally, all hot babes, 7 days without a Big Mike makes one weak!!

Peace, Big Mike

IMG5117.jpg.1c8469770aaa3c21296b0147e6d2cf2e.jpg

Here are the burgers, they are BIG!

Well this round of the contest was kind of a drag as there actually WAS a Big Mike at the restaurant, not like round #!.

Unfortunately, this Big Mike made it VERY CLEAR that he did not want his picture taken whatsoever!!!

Even after I explained all about the contest to see which Big Mike was bigger and that the Valuable Big Mike Readers would have to vote, he looked at me like I had 4 heads.

This Big Mike would have been a big challenge, but with his reluctance to participate, this round goes down as a victory for TPR Big Mike due to forfeit!!!!

TPR Big Mike is now 2-0!!!!!!

IMG5116.jpg.0ee297d5804854c523dc05ea5312b0a7.jpg

Everyone on here already knew that Big Mike is #1.

IMG5115.jpg.30539bebfb1a9f537c5c46286523ceea.jpg

We seem to have run into lots of Big Mike sandwichs lately.

IMG5118.jpg.a1a5f17c76cdeac784d882ad264a8163.jpg

Big Mike's name up in lights!

IMG5113.jpg.d8d098fda55a70970c83cf4e8da53b5b.jpg

The next competition: Big Mike's Restaurant in Bellflower CA

I'm definitly going to try and meet up with you on Saturday, but between taking care of my stupid dog, and getting ready for my women's bbq, I don't know if I can make it there. Will you be at Coney Island anytime during the evening?

I just saw that you plan on going to a Broadway show, so i guess that is the answer to my question. Rule #1, read the whole post. Anyway, I hope I can make it to Coney Island.

Great! Keep in touch when you are visiting!!

I will wear my Official Big Mike Road Show T-Shirt, as I can spot that in every Scandi update very easily and should be easy to spot on national television too

Peace, Big Mike

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but according to Dorney, the 5 final names for Contest Coaster were all submitted by multiple people. They picked the names with the most submissions so no person could claim it was “their” name that won. That would probably explain why some of the names chosen (i.e. Kiddie Coaster) aren’t the most creative. Sorry, Ed.

We won't be there today, but we will be watching for you on ESPN!! Do you think you could beat Joey Chestnut in a hot dog eating contest, while riding Cyclone!!

I guess eating on that rough ride could be a choking danger!!