TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

I think it's unfortunate that Big Mike tried so hard to please us, his fellow TPR members, only to have it backfire. I respect Big Mike's decision to no longer include bikini photos, however I think it would be a bit much to completely avoid them if bikini clad women happen to be in abundance on one of his Road Show stops. No need for close ups or "spy" photos, but a wide angle shot to give a feel as to the location. I think that's fair.

I think it's unfortunate that Big Mike tried so hard to please us, his fellow TPR members, only to have it backfire. I respect Big Mike's decision to no longer include bikini photos, however I think it would be a bit much to completely avoid them if bikini clad women happen to be in abundance on one of his Road Show stops. No need for close ups or "spy" photos, but a wide angle shot to give a feel as to the location. I think that's fair.

Shocking, coming from you, I have to say.

^What I'm saying, dude, if he happens to visit a waterpark he should photograph it normally and include it in this thread as he does all his other stops along the Road Show. I don't think there's really a need to rock the boat at this time.

^^Thanks, I think!

MOVING ON NOW!!!!

I haven't been to Sesame Place since I was 9 years old! I'm so excited to go back this summer! I remember the water park being really cute and the nets and slides being awesome!!!

MOVING ON NOW!!!!

I haven't been to Sesame Place since I was 9 years old! I'm so excited to go back this summer! I remember the water park being really cute and the nets and slides being awesome!!!

You know how when you revisit a place as an adult that you hadn't been since childhood and everything looks *so* small? That's half the case with regards to Sesame Place.

I revisited the place in '06 when I was still with Zamperla and we were finishing up the installation of the three attractions in Elmo's World. All of those slides which seemed huge at the age of 8 (especially Slippery Slope) looked like jokes, while the net climbs were quite the opposite and seemed as though they grew!

-Mark

Big Mike,

I hope this Memorial Day weekend trip has something to do with Holliwood Nights. I'll be waiting for the announcement.

P.S. Please don't let the negative publicity affect Big Mike's Roadshow TR's.

I loved reading them with the bikini babes, and I'll love reading them without the bikini babes!

Hey Friends!!!

This will be a two part update.

The first part will explain where The Big Mike Road Show 2008 will be going this Memorial Day Weekend and hopefully meeting up with some new friends along the way.

The second part will be a big blowout of coupons and savings opportunities gathered up by The Big Man.

Scaparri has already started an awesome thread in the main forum that can be found here for discounts:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42387&start=0

I will post all of this there in a week after I give my Big Mike readers first dibs at all I have to offer!

PART 1:

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 is proud to present the details of the Memorial Day weekend trip as follows:

Friday May 23rd:

Jeepers Albany

Jimini Peak

Great Escape

Sylvan Beach

Saturday May 24th:

Darien Lake

Martins Fantasy Island

Marineland

Sunday May 25th:

Canada's Wonderland

Centreville

Monday May 26th:

Midway Park

Some surprises

The side stories of this trip:

The Rematch - Last year Big Mike visited The Great Escape and was denied going on The Road Runner coaster because they could not get the lap bar down. Some off season working out hopefully will have Big Mike coming out victorious this year!

Canada Border Patrol - Big Mike's last two trips to Canada have BOTH resulted in getting pulled over at border patrol and having his car completely ransacked. Once, ok. Two times in a row? Something fishy is going on.

Two new for 2008 coasters! - Bohemoth and Orange County Chopper!!!

Big Mike will try out his first ever mountain coaster at Jimini Peak!

Finally - Big Mike may finally get to obtain the credits at Martins Fantasy Island after 3 seperate trips past this park!

That is this weekends update!

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 is already set to announce the following 2 weeks after that too!

Friday May 30th - Coaster Madness at Dorney Park!

Friday June 6 - CoasterMania at Cedar Point including Fun Fore All and Waldemeer!

These trips include two new for 2008 coasters, Ravine Flyer 2 and VooDoo!

Now on to the coupons and savings section!

Please, with these coupons, only request them if you are definately going to use them, I don't want them going to waste if others could have taken advantage of the savings!

PM me if you see something you can definately use and I will send them out in the mail

These coupons I got out of my Entertainment books:

Six Flags Great Adventure - Buy one/Get one free admission mon-fri or $10 off Sat and Sun. (I have 2 of these coupons)

Quassy Amusement Park - Buy one/Get one free all day ride pass. (I have one of these)

Keansburg Amusement Park - Buy one/get one free large ticket book. (I have one of these)

Blackbeards Cave - Buy one/Get one free kiddie ride. (I have one of these)

Land of Make Believe - Buy one/Get one free adult admission. (I have one of these)

Fun Town Amusement Pier - $10 off a 100 ticket book. (I have 3 of these)

Legoland - $7 off up to 6 people. (I have 2 of these)

Hurricane Harbor - $4 off. (I have 2 of these)

Sesame Place - $5 off up to 6 people. (I have 2 of these)

Any Cedar Fair Park - $6 off up to 6 people and $10 off any Maxx Plus Pass. (I have 3 of these)

Sea World - $5 off up to 6 people. (I have 3 of these)

Universal Orlando - $8 off a 2 day 2 park. OR $5 off a 1 day 1 park OR a free childs meal when you buy an adult meal. (I have 3 of these)

These coupons I picked up at my local fast food restaurants:

Sesame Place - $6 off a single day admission June 14-Sept 1. Up to 6 people. Not valid Saturdays.

OR - $10 off a single day admission May 3 - June 13 and weekends Sept 6 - Oct 25. (I have 14 of these)

Six Flags Great Adventure - $5 off Hurricane Harbor up to 4 people. OR Buy one/Get one free weekdays May 15th - Sept 1. OR $15 off that same time period. OR $5 off any retail or photo purchase. (I have 67 of these)

Hershey Park - $5 off a 2 day flex ticket up tp 4 admissions. OR $8 off a regular admission sun - fri up to 4 people. OR $4 Off Saturdays up to 4 people. (I have 30 of these)

Dutch Wonderland - $2 off a regular admission up to four people. (I have 30 of these)

I also have a code for http://www.ticketsatwork.com

To use this exclusive, not for the public site, you need to enter the company code "BROWN4". This is a benefit from my work.

This site has discounts for:

Walt Disney World - Buy a 4 day park hopper, get 3 days free, plus at the corportae rate of $248 instead of $281.

Disneyland - Save 10% on 2 & 3 day park hoppers with either early entry ofr 2 days free.

Universal Studios Hollywood - 2 day reg $64, now $51. OR Front of the line special reg $109, now $95.

Sea World San Diego - Reg $59, now $48.

Pacific Park at Santa Monica Pier - Ultimate ride voucher only 12.95

Knotts Berry Farm - Reg $44, now $29.

Legoland - Reg $57, now $42.

Celebration City - 2 day Reg $52, now $27.

Silver Dollar City - 2 day reg $103, now $52.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Reg $57, now $51.

Kings Dominion - Reg $52, now $45. 2nd day only $10.

Dutch Wonderland - Reg $30, now $27.

Hershey Park - Reg $48, now $38.

Dorney Park - Reg $39, now $31.

Sea World San Antonio - Reg $58, now $53.

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - 1day/1 park Reg $71, now $51.

Sea World Orlando - Reg $68, now $58.

Busch Gardens Tampa - Reg $65, now $58.

Cypress Gardens - Reg $35, now $31.

Six Flags Magic Mountain - Reg $60, now $35.

Californias Great America - Reg $52, now $38.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Reg $50, now $32.

Six Flags over Georgia - Reg $50, now $34.

Six Flags Great America - Reg $55, now $40.

Six Flags New England - Reg $50, now $35.

Worlds of Fun - Reg $39, now $31.

Six Flags Great Adventure - Reg $60, now $36.

Carowinds - Reg $46, now $36.

Six Flags over Texas - Reg $47, now $35.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Reg $47, now $32.

Six Flags America - Reg $50, now $34.

I also found this link from this weeks upcoming trip:

Sylvan Beach - http://www.sylvanbeach.org/amusementpark/coupons.html

$2 off a ride ticket book. OR 20 fascination games for $2.

I will keep checking the web and searching the fast food places for more!!

Any questions on anything, let me know!

Peace, Big Mike

^ Once again, the Big Mike Road Show thread becomes even more extensive. Way to go Mike.

But, wait, wasn't Boulder Dash your first "Mountain Coaster?"

I will probably be missing you at Dorney. That sucks. I went a few years ago for the event. There will be plenty of ERT for you. I wouldn't even be surprised if you get solo rides on many of the morning ERT coasters.

Robb just rode Behemoth today and said he was pleasantly surprised. One of the better B&M Hypers for sure he said! Also, FYI he said that Darien Lake and Wonderland were running all coasters in the light to normal rain!

^^So true, I visited Magic Forest Park (Lake George) this weekend for the first time in over 30 years.

OMG! I went there a few years ago. That place was just creepy beyond belief! I would think that parents took their kids there just for the sheer torture factor!!

I mean, the Paul Bunyan statue was a nice touch, but everything else was just creepy. Though, I guess that the puppet shows and story telling areas helped make up for that.

I do remember it (and GE) being in a beautiful area there in upstate NY.

JJ

...Centreville...

Don't miss the dark ride there, Haunted Barrel Works. It's pretty fun... or at least it was when I was 13.

Oh and you know Toronto Island Monster is powered, right?!?! Anyway have fun! You'll have to see for me if they still have the bunny farm and the awesome indoor scrambler!

You might have a tough time trying to get all of the Wonderland credits + doing Centreville in the same day... if you've been to CW before and only need Behemoth, then it shouldn't be a factor, but if you need all credits at CW... it might be a rough day for you.