TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Bob, I flipped and flopped on #1 and #2.

I like #2 too!

Steve, I am sorry I ranked your girl so low

I like how we are getting a lot of female opinions too!

Peace, Big Mike

I couldn't believe I actually looked through the "list" myself.

Now how twisted does that make me, hmmm?

And I still can't pick one, &%$@# !

See you in June, Mike!

Wow Mike! Just Wow!

Your camera skills amaze me, you got enough Bikini photos for a top twenty five without getting arrested!!! Bravo!

Good to see you having a good time in Mexico and still going out of your way for us roadshow fans!

I'm waiting patiently for the next hilarious installment!

Matt

p.s. How did things go with your T-shirt signing lady friend? I think she was in to you!

Just realised I never posted my vote!

I wasn't sure what the little kid was looking at in #19 but he seems to like it! and #15 seemed to be falling out of her bikini! Both good, but I think I am stuck between #23 #6 and #3! #23 I just think looks pretty and a bit like my girlfriend, #6 and #3 just appealed to the Big Mike side of my personality!

Does it make me almost as perverted as Big Mike that I went into so much detail in my votes?!

As a said before, The Roadshow Rocks, keep up the good work Mike!

Matt

Hey Friends!!!!

Now that I have cluttered up Theme Park Review with a whole bunch of hot bikini babe pictures, it is time once again to get back down to business!!

Thank you Robb and Elissa for putting up with this tomfoolery

We are 18 parks into our quest to have 100 Theme Parks Reviewed by Big Mike in 2008!

We have met some great friends along the way and that is definately the highlight of all these trips!

To meet new people, having the same interests, and enjoying a day at the park is top notch.

I think we have been adding a few new Big Mike readers along the way, so I am going to post page #1 again with the upcoming stops on The Big Mike Road Show 2008.

I will then post a list of everyone so far that has offered to meet up and where it will be!

I love the company, so come along and join The Big Mike Road Show 2008 when it stops at a park near you!!!!

Thanks again everyone for your continued support

Peace, Big Mike

Hello Fellow TPRers!

My name is Big Mike, and this will be my photo trip report thread for all of the 2008 parks I visit this year.

I have an extensive schedule this year and will bring you many pictures, insights, tips, and advice throughout the year.

In return, you can give me advice before I go on things to hit and avoid, discounts, or anything that would help my trip.

Plus with me always updating my schedule, there will be many occasions to meet up and enjoy the park together.

Everyone I meet will also be posted in my thread, along with many cool pictures of the parks.

Before we start, here is the most current up to date list of the parks I will be attending this year:

Parks completed so far in 2008:

1. March 15th - Storybook Land in New Jersey on page 5.

2. March 15th - Steel Pier in New Jersey on page 6.

3. March 22nd - Adventurers in New York on page 7.

4. March 22nd - Astroland in New York on page 7.

5. March 22nd - Denos Wonder Wheel in New York on page 7.

6. March 28th - Nascar Speed Park in Tennessee on page 8.

7. March 28th - Zuma Fun Center in Tennessee on page 8.

8. March 28th - Sir Gooneys in Tennessee on page 8.

9. March 28th - Dollywood in Tennessee on page 10.

10. March 29th - Six Flags over Georgia in Georgia on page 13.

11. April 5th - Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey on page 15.

12. April 12th - Boomers in New York on page 18.

13. April 12th - Adventureland in New York on page 18.

14. April 18th - Planet Fun in Maryland on page 21

15. April 19th - Kings Dominion in Virginia on page 23.

16. April 19th - Adventure Park USA in Maryland on page 25.

17. April 27th - Rehilete in Guadalajara Mexico on page 29.

18. April 27th - Selva Magica in Guadalajara Mexico on page 29.

*Bonus - May 4th - The Big Mike Road Show 2008 Bikini Bonanza Top 25 on page 30.

The Big Mike Road Show has visited 18 parks so far and traveled 8,536 miles in 2008!

Parks still on the to do list:

June 5-6

Cedar Point Coaster Mania

June 22 - July 6

Parc St. Paul

Mer de Sable

Jardin D'Acclimation

Parc Asterix

Walibi Belgium

Bobbejaaland

Toverland

Efteling

Drievliet

Amsterdam Dungeon

Walibi World

Heide Park

Movie Park Germany

Schlossbeck

Phantasialand

Tripsdrill

Holiday Park

Europa Park

Walygator Parc Metz

Disneyland Park Paris

Walt Disney Studio Park Paris

August 8 - 16

Silver Dollar City

Celebration City

Rt 66 Carousel Park

Miner Mike's Adventure Town

Six Flags St. Louis

Kiddie Park

All Star Adventures

Zonkers

Magic Springs + Crystal Falls

Funland

Adventureland

Fun Plex

Skateland Playdaze

Worlds of Fun - Coaster Mayhem (Aug 16)

September 6-7

Hard Rock Park

October 3-12

Knotts Berry Farm

California Adventure

Adventure City

Boomers

Disneyland

Castle Amusement Park

John's Incredible Pizza Riverside

Scandia

Universal Studios Hollywood

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Gilroy Gardens

Great America

Oakland Zoo

Pixieland

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Fun Town at Micke Grove

Train Town

Nut Tree Park

Funderland

John's Incredible Pizza Roseville

Weekends March - October

By State:

Clementon

Moreys Pier

Pocono Play Park

Dorney Park

Sesame Place

Knoebels

Hershey Park

Fun Fore All

Waldameer

Kids N Action

Jeepers Albany

Sylvan Beach

Great Escape

Darien Lake

Midway Park

Martin's Fantasy Island

Quassy

Lake Compounce

Six Flags New England

Tuscora Park

Cedar Point

Jolly Roger

Baja Amusements

Jolly Roger at the Pier

Trimper's Rides

Fun World

Canobie Lake

Motor World

Palace Playland

Funtown/Splashtown

Marineland

Centreville

Canada's Wonderland

These are the New for 2008 rides I will be reviewing for you:

Bohemoth

Dark Knight (SFGA)

Dominator

Evel Knievel

Fahrenheit

Flying Turns

Indianer Bobbahn

Led Zeppelin

Maximum RPM

Midnight Rider

Shake, Rattle, and Rollercoaster

Slippery When Wet

Mammut

Moto Coaster

Pony Express

Ravine Flyer 2

Tony Hawk's Big Spin

Voodoo

My goal is to add as much as possible to this cool site Robb and Elissa have and meet some new friends along the way.

I will update this often with exact dates and upcoming park visits so feel free to post in this thread so you can get email notices to keep up to date.

Friends to meet up with and where:

Spaceace12 - Six Flags St. Louis and CoasterMania

Carolinacanaic - Kings Dominion or Ocean City MD

CFC - Kings Dominion

Hurcules - Dorney Park

Printersdevil78 - Trimpers/Jolly Rogers

BeatleBen - California Parks

Thecoasterkid - Canada's Wonderland

Mechanic - Northern California Parks

Moose - New England Parks

Bobafett - Clementon and Moreys Pier

Eltoroextreme - Six Flags Great Adventure

TheGhost - Knottsberry Farm

CoasterPalooza - Northern California Parks

Beeja - Walibi Belgium

SFNE2005 - New England Parks

PKIManjz - Kings Island*

MattyD - England Parks*

65Skylark - Pacific Northwest Parks*

Nincub - Lake Winnie*

SFAFan#1 - Six Flags America*

TheOne - Six Flags Great America*

PagemasterB - Oregon Parks*

*Currently no plans to visit in 2008, but ya never know

I end this update with pictures of all the friends I have hung out with so far during The Big Mike Road Show 2008!!! Thanks Everyone for a great year so far

Peace, Big Mike

PS - Special thanks to Cycloneman, JayJay719, and Crazyrider06. I met these great people but did not take any pictures Next time!

I take pictures of everyone from now on!

005_448.jpg.3b2a5148f2ac5ef2aaf78b452b24a44d.jpg

The Naked Cowboy is the special guest for New York so far!

165_119.jpg.637174bc03ddcf7034fdacd5e61ebd28.jpg

The Flash temporarily checks off New Jersey until I find someone from here on a future visit!

120_551.jpg.85859057156a5588f7723401afb95b8c.jpg

Hot Bikini Babe checks off Mexico!

143_262.jpg.af911e7f65ca996f2071f57270fec799.jpg

CFC checks off Virginia!

293_112.jpg.16b6c40e7a6c132f50deb0a2e044ad8a.jpg

BeemerBoy and CoasterPalooza and thier beautiful wives check off Georgia!

71_911_963.jpg.d53a071c71b3d5bceed508ee7bb321d7.jpg

SFNE2005 checks off Tennessee!

32_133_154.jpg.0a2c62ab21418588249d5a559f9561de.jpg

Come join the fun on The Big Mike Road Show 2008!!!

I'll have to brush up on my history of Clementon Park, but WildWood is a breeze for me. I'm looking forward to The Big Mike Show coming to town! And by the way there are 2 t's in bobafett, not one. Don't you remember the character from Star Wars? That's ok I forgive you and so does my cat who inspired my screenname.

I am sorry Bobbi Jo, I guess I am still in the vacation mode!

Please tell your cat that I apologize too

I need some good luck with Clementon. 2 times I sat in the parking lot with the coaster closed down.

We UPSers have to stick together!!

Cool Hand Luke, I am glad that you are looking forward to more.

Here is a special gift from Big Mike to you concerning your favorite "example #3". Enjoy! Brown or blue or both?

Peace, Big Mike

228.JPG.36c3f66d43afc785f66582f0fdddf829.JPG

Big Mike always pleasing the masses.

Hey,

Do you think you might be able to give me the date you will be in Walibi Belgium?

I might be able to meet up at that one.

If there is no date yet, then its okay. I'll probably check in later.

P.S. John's Incredible Pizza is in my home town: Roseville! Awesome!

--James "Big Mike is da beast!" Flint

Small world. I didn't know you are a fellow UPSer? Are you a supervisor or an hourly? If you are a supervisor, that's ok, I'll still be your friend. How long have you been with the company? 13 years for me. I work at their air hub facility in Philadelphia. I work nights, 6pm-4am Monday to Thursday and 6pm-10pm on Fridays, so it kind of is normal night on Friday for me, but I still don't go to bed until around 3 in the morning. That is too cool. Oh and bobafett forgives you, he is so easy going, he told me not to get all bent out of shape over his name. Talk to you later Big Mike---Bobbi Jo

Hey Mike, Kings Dominion has set Dominator's opening day for the 24th, so would you be heading down to check it out that same weekend or the next one? It's cool if your not sure yet, I was just checking to see if you had a set weekend so I could talk with the boss about having a day or two off to join the Roadshow!

Thanks!

Gary T.

PackFan - It is always my pleasure!

Team Thriller - Sounds cool! Email Elissa for details. She is so awesome with that stuff. How is Johns Incredible Pizza? Am I going to like the pizza or coaster better?

Bobbi Jo, Don't hate on us supervisors lol. Some of us are actually nice people I have you beat by 10 years! June 24th will be 23 years at UPS. I work in the Parsippany Building during the day thank goodness. No more overnight shifts for me hopefully. I work a dopey Sunday - Thursday shift.

Hey Gary, I am leaning to putting off Kings Dominion for a little bit now that I went there already. I think there is a special event there later in the year, I will have to check when it is again. I will keep in touch and give you advance notice for your boss, hopefully

Your welcome cool hand luke. I will show you my decision between the two.

Looks like rain here all weekend

If it does not rain, I am leaning towards going to opening day at Lake Compounce in CT this Saturday and then hitting Quassy Amusement Park that night. 3 more outstanding credits to be claimed!

Just got an email from Great Adventure today. The Dark Knight is opening Thursday May 15th at noon!!!

I think I will plan a trip back to Great Adventure the day after (Friday May 16th).

Anyone want to meet up at either Lake Compounce, Quassy, or Great Adventure... Let me know!

Peace, Big Mike

225.JPG.b01d52ed26f6d2f90b701fa4e82f2752.JPG

Your welcome again!

I've been enjoying the thread Big Mike. Keep up the good work!

I'm also originally from Roseville. I still work there and I live fairly close. Sorry to say it, but neither the pizza, nor the coaster at John's Incredible are anything to write home about. The place is sort of like a Chuck E. Cheese, but without any animatronics. The kids have fun when we take them, but once in a while is plenty. I'm not really into the coaster count thing, so I've never even bothered to ride the coaster. It's VERY small and does about 5 or 6 circuits each time it runs. Nothing against those that are into upping their coaster count, but going out of your way to ride this particular coaster is whoring to the extreme. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) I'm not trying to talk you out of riding it, but don't come expecting much of the ride or you'll be disappointed.

On the up side, there is a fairly decent small water park less than a mile from John's Incredible Pizza. It's called Golfland Sunsplash. They actually have a pretty nice selection of slides for the size of the park. I don't know if you'd planned on checking it out anyway, but it would make going out of your way to stop in Roseville a little more worth it. (Bikini pictures and all that fun stuff)

Oh yeah, one more thing... DON'T try the peanut butter pizza. I actually bit into a piece of it by accident. The pizza looks like a regular pepperoni pizza on the outside, but there's peanut butter under the cheese and toppings. They clearly identify the peanut butter pizza by putting peanuts in the shell on top of it, but my kids apparantly thought it would be funny to remove the peanuts and represent the peanut butter pizza as a slice of regular pepperoni pizza. I can appreciate the humor of a good practical joke as well as anyone, but I honestly almost hurled when I bit into that little gag-fest. I laughed it off, but it honestly wasn't all that funny to me at the time.

Have fun and watch out for the peanut butter pizza.

I'll still be your friend Big Mike even though you are the enemy at UPS, just kidding! The majority(about 95%) of my sups are great, then you have the 5% that are total jerks, but you know how it is. I'm sure you have to deal with moron hourlies and sups too, just like me. I feel your pain because I see what you have to deal with everyday because I have to deal with it too. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes for all the money in the world. I don't mind night work, I just hate working on the ramp with the aircraft in the cold and in the rain and it is going to rain all night(Thurs-Fri)tonight, so I'm not looking forward to that Hopefully there won't be any delays with the planes due to the weather and I can get out on time. Anyway I hope you can get your credits this weekend.