TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2008 - The Official Thread!

^^Read the FLYER! Duh!

Don't you know by now? It has ALL of the answers your looking for, and even some of the ones you're not.*

*May not have all the answers you're looking for, especially some of the ones you're not.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe a requirement to go to WCB should be reading the flyer?! Hmm.... I'm just saying. I mean, I know we're all literate( okay, maybe not ALL) but I'm pretty sure reading the flyer wouldn't hurt much, unless it had a random picture of people in Speedos. Honestly people, I'm pretty sure that the time you took to write a question about something that was OBVISOUSLY answered on the flyer would take up the same amount of time of reading about it on the flyer, thus saving you time AND neurons for your brain!

HORAY FOR FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the cash, but to pay at the event, you must print out and bring the e-mail you recieved, and my printer is broken. I already registered, so what can I do?

If you register via the site, I will have your name on a list. Just drop me an email and let me know your printer is broken and you will pay at the event.

If you have a working pen and piece of paper you can also write down all the infomation from the flyer registration form and send that in too.

--Robb

Knott's is going to do it now, and they used to do it...what happened during the years in between? SFMM never had such an event till a few years back, and now they're kicking it into high gear.

Let's hope that in the years to come we'll see even greater things out at SFMM. I think we will, and I'm really looking forward to attending my first West Coast Bash.

Eric

^^Sweet, we should meet up so I can take one of those lady friends off your hands for the day.

^^ Please do not scare off other members, especially since it will be thier first TPR event. Anyways, glad that you will be able to make it nurse.

LOL. I was just playin sheesh!

^I hope so too Eric. This is also going to be my first WCB. I think it's awesome how much the park is doing for us, I'm very excited about things going on this year in the park, and for many years to come.

Is anyone planning on going to Winter Coaster Solace the day before. I'm flying in solo from Florida for both events. It would be cool to meet up with somebody.

I will be at Solace as well.....was just barely able to get a ticket yesterday but will be there from 7am-midnight.

Side note: Anyone notice a coaster missing from Solace this year?

www.knotts.com/special_events/pdf/08WCS.pdf

Montezooma's is not listed, and is not part of the ERT as well.....is it down for rehab or something?

What concerns me is the fact that Knott's has basically told members of any other club except ACE isn't allowed to attend Solace this year. Knott's has told me numerous times they have wanted enthusiast's to give them ideas on making the event bigger and better. We tell them what we would like to see and they turn away non ACERs that want to register? That makes no sense whatsoever. Turning away people that have attended Solace for years under RideWorld and other coaster clubs is bad for business.

Robb, maybe we should wait a little longer before we announce our guest speaker and other surprises. Once our event is done, Knotts will see that clubs other than ACE can AND will put on events just as good if not better than what their event has become. Hopefully that will force them to listen and make Solace a great event again instead of using it to fill their hotel when their occupancy is their lowest all year.

^Actually, it was ACE and RollerCoasterPro. They were pretty adamant about the fact that they would only allow ACE members or people who got a pass from RollerCoasterPro to attend-I think RCPro has some type of arrangement with them for their forum members. I am a forum member at RCPro, so I was going to try that when they wouldn't take my RideWorld member ID, but RCPro was down all day yesterday (actually, it's still down) and yesterday was the cutoff for Solace registration.

The way we (I say we, because someone else was helping me with the issue as it took a lot of phone calls and being bounced around and I was at work all day in and out of meetings) were finally able to purchase a ticket was by being cordial but persistent.

I'm a little disappointed in Knott's on the way this was setup, but I am grateful I was finally able to get a ticket. I have been an annual pass holder for over 4 years, and plan on continuing to renew every year; although the park as its ups and downs, I still love the place and I enjoy Solace.

Perhaps WCB this year will be an inspiration for next year getting Solace back to the event that it used to be, and the issues of this year will be ironed out.

^Right, but Rollercoasterpro.com does not have a club so basically the only club members allowed to attend are ACE. I guess they don't realize how many people that will leave out from being able to attend the event. If those policies stick, I bet they don't break 300 this year. They have accepted RideWorld membership cards since 2004! It's just a slap in the face to the non-ACE members, even those that have attended the event for years and years. Those that have supported the event, even when it's offerings became smaller and smaller every year.

Sorry, as you can tell I am pretty upset over this. Especially considering ever other Cedar Fair event takes other club memberships. I just think they are cutting off their head to spite their face.

You are probably right Joey. They always rent out the other half of the park for those high school events around the same time as Solace and I am sure they make a whole lot more money from the schools than those coaster crazies! I am sure the school event organizers are putting pressure on Knotts to do a full park buyout.

No worries Pure, although you are a little young for us!

Oh I wouldn't go that far...I prefer women over girls any day! But seriously, I'll leave you alone now lol.

Although I would love to have participated in Knott's event, its no skin off my back. If that's how they want it to be, so be it with them, because I refuse to be in ACE.

Maybe they'll see the event at MM and that will change things for next year. I've been pretty much disappointed in KBF the past 4-5 years, regarding these events and the unraveling of the park and its nostalgia. When I saw on the Knott's solace flyer that they were closing it off to only fatasse---ahem, ACErs, that was pretty much the icing on the cake.

Nonetheless, I am going to try and be at the MM event. I just picked up a new job today, and I'm worrying they're going to be strict about the days I ask off. I'm hoping if I tell them I have a wedding planned for that Sunday which has been my plan for weeks now, that they might just make an exception and let me off!