TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Congrats to our own Oscar Winner!

SharkTums

Thought this was interesting. Apparently she's not too happy about the shoes now... and I do feel for her. It's easy to say yes when someone offers to let you wear million dollar shoes, but it's kind of lame if they didn't fill you in on the fact that you'd be whored out to the media for it.

Hooray for Hollywood . . .

Good luck and knock'em dead, Diablo!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actress

Cate Blanchett, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"

Julie Christie, "Away From Her"

Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"

Laura Linney, "The Savages"

Ellen Page, "Juno"

Hahaha!! Your really made me laughed!

She is nominated for her movie "La mome" not "La vie en rose"!! This title is the one of an Edith Piaf's song!! (and this famous singer is the role Marion Cotillard plays in the movie).

I didn't watch this movie but it looks very good and emotional!

Hummm these dear american people, when it talks about another country they are completely lost (don't worry I'm joking )

^Are you sure? The movie I saw was definitely called "La Vie en Rose" and it definately had Marion Cotillard in it and she was definately Oscar-worthy.

She will win, regardless of the movie. And she does deserve to win.

Even though Ellen Page was fantastic.

Hummmm... This is strange but after all I've just thought about it, titles of movies change depending the countries...

So maybe in the USA it's called "La vie en rose" instead of "La môme" in France ("môme" is a word we used to talk about a little children, it's colloquial). Thinking about it "La vie en Rose" is more "frenchy" than "La môme" and make you think about the France more easly^^ (more over it's poetic "The life in pink! Oh! so wonderful!" lol).

Thought this was interesting. Apparently she's not too happy about the shoes now... and I do feel for her. It's easy to say yes when someone offers to let you wear million dollar shoes, but it's kind of lame if they didn't fill you in on the fact that you'd be whored out to the media for it.

No offense to her, but I'm not even remotely the kind of person who watching Entertainment Tonight style pap, and I know that the reason she's getting to wear million dollar shoes is for the promotion of the shoe maker. Same reason she's probably going to get a really nice dress for free for the night. Its all so you can say the name of the designer who gave them to you when asked by reporters (which will probably preceed questions about Juno) on the red carpet.