TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Robb

I'm glad you all enjoyed liseberg as it is my favorite park. But did you try the "flumeride"? I love that one, especially the last drop. After reading here i want to go to try out balder. Lisebergbanan is pretty old now but still very cool. And i totally agree that the park looks natural and real, not plastic looking. After reading here i want to go to try out balder. I am only 7 hours away by car

I'm from norway and it's so strange sitting here and dreaming of all the great coasters in america, when you guys totally blow it by telling us that europe have some nr 1 coasters But when thinking about it, thats a great thing!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't the only one! Europe looks incredible! Had a friend from Copenhagen years ago who bragged about their parks over there, and now I'm starting to see why (drooling!).

Thanks Rob & Elissa for the great TR's and photos, maybe someday I'll be able to join ya for a trip.

the photos are great and glad Europe is going great or you guys.... the next challenge rob is to get Elissa to eat a traditional dish from each country you visit.... im voting frog legs from France should go down a treat..... If you rap it in Mcdonalds paper she'll never notice.....

...im voting frog legs from France should go down a treat....

You're sick, you know that ?

Anyway, great trip reports...as always...

Looking forward to reviews of the German parks.

Take care !

I just wouldnt be able to classify it as a wooden coaster, it would still be steel to me (Balder that is). I never had any doubts it that it looked like a stellar ride, it just doesnt have enough wooden characteristics for me anyways to be a wooden coaster.

But even classified as a steel I could see it being right up there with any great steel coaster you could find because of the insane layout.

About Bobbejaanland:

Hahaha I loved reading this trip report. Amazing how a park that a lot of Dutch people don't like so much, and you're almost fan of it. Really had to laugh about the comment at "El Paso"!

//edit: Whoops, it was one big topic . . . I'll post the rest of my reactions in this post!

//edit2: Read all the trip reports now. Great to see what you think of "our" parks. Especially liked the report of Walibi World. Things that we find normal, seem to be really special to you. Just like the bumper car things, this is usual in Europe, you should visit some fairground here, that's even better than the park rides. Thanks again for the nice reports! And it's really sick what huge distances you ride just in one day, totally sick!

WOW thanks for all the great pics and your comments.

I hope to see you in Toverland on Saturday but I do have some little problems with my fellow. He can't come because his aunt got a baby and so he has to go to visit her. Is here anybody who'll spend the whole day at Toverland on Saturday and wants to meet up with me? Otherwise I have to see if I find someone else

I just wouldnt be able to classify it as a wooden coaster, it would still be steel to me (Balder that is). I never had any doubts it that it looked like a stellar ride, it just doesnt have enough wooden characteristics for me anyways to be a wooden coaster.

But even classified as a steel I could see it being right up there with any great steel coaster you could find because of the insane layout.

BEGIN RANT!

Ok Real, with all due respect, because I love your NL work, BUT...... I just have to comment about this. How could you NOT count a wooden coaster as a wooden coaster???

What characteristics does it not have? Roughness? That doesn't make any sense! It's not any rougher or smoother than Viper at SFGam, Aska at Nara Dreamland, Jack Rabbit at Kennywood, so do you consider those steel coasters also?

It has more wood than Villian, so is that a steel coaster also? It has more wood than Coney Island Cyclone so is that a steel coaster also?

It's structure is made of wood, it's track is made of wood, so how exactly do you classify it as a 'steel coaster?' It's not like it rides like Gemini, which, *IS* a steel coaster because it's track is made of wood.

I have to assume you are kidding, because, while I wouldn't ever tell someone how to count credits, for example powered coasters, etc, but calling Balder or Colossos a steel coaster is so idiotic and stupid. It just make absolutely no sense at all.

--Robb "I'm really REALLY hoping you are kidding because otherwise that's the most retarded 'coaster analogy' I've ever heard someone say!" Alvey

/end rant

Yep I totally agree With That rant rob! a wooden coaster is one made out of WOOD and i think thats what balder is made of... if wooden coasters were classed wooden due to roughness then togo and vekoma would be the most wooden companies around!

Just a personal question Robb: did you receive my message in the cell-phone? Because, don't worry, i will be in mirabilandia with you, the 29th, so, we can meet at the entrance 30 minutes before the opening, ok? please, let me know something! or write me a PM the next time you are on the net! Thanks!

Bye,

Marco.

PS: sorry for the OT!

Ok Real, with all due respect, because I love your NL work, BUT...... I just have to comment about this. How could you NOT count a wooden coaster as a wooden coaster???

Ignore him. Colossos and Balder actually have more wood than a comparable ride by any other company.

Surveys in parks have shown that guests like to have a smooth ride, both wood or steel. And parks want their rides to be smooth too, as well as safe and with low maintenance costs.

Stengel didn't design Colossos to annoy a small percentage of "rough woodie lovers".

Hahaha I loved reading this trip report. Amazing how a park that a lot of Dutch people don't like so much, and you're almost fan of it. !

That says more about the Dutch. :o

^ Yeah we missed it, sorry. Not really that much into walkthroughs. WE do HHN at Universal and that's our year's quota of walkthroughts. We were there for the coasters!

And speaking of coasters at Liseberg, I have just posted a POV of Balder to the Members Only Forum:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Enjoy!

--Robb