TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

I'm surprised this is a Premier. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, but I was honestly expecting Gerstlauer, Maurer Sohne, Mack, and even Intamin before Premier. Premier makes awesome coasters and is one of my favorite designers...can't wait!

My thoughts exactly! I was also thinking Gerstlauer or Maurer Sohne, or something very compact. This looks like it will be a great addition for the park and warrant another visit for me next year!

Awesome news!

I'm looking forward to the inverted top hat! Sounds like a good coaster....

Don't say inverted tophat, because then it would be something like this:

and going by the above pic it's just an overbaked turn.

We will see but you might be right.....that picture makes me remember loving the Batman side of Chiller....

^^ Kennywood is not going to go after something big. They are going for something that works for them and other than capacity issue which may not be an issue after all, I think this fits in perfect with what they already have.

Premier is a good designer, and this isn't a big project. It will be fine.

A Premier Launcher, that is there major new coaster? What a let down, most Premiers have unconfortable trains, reliability issues, and a generally bad ride experience. All I can do is hold out hope, that this one is not like the previous Premier launchers.

It isn't a usual Pemier Launch, like Poltergeist/Joker's Jinx, so let's hope they've learned something from those.

To each his own, but as I've already said, Premier is one of my favorite designers. All Premier coasters I've been on (FoF, Mummy, BLSC, Speed, etc.) have all ranked very high with me. Lastly, if you don't have anything good to say, why say anything at all? What did you want from them, a $30 million B&M? Ah well, can't win 'em all.

The ride's only been announced for a few hours and people are already complaining.

I'm happy Kennywood is able to get anything, especially an inverting coaster! There's been a void (in my mind) ever since they took out the loops of Steel Phantom.

Removing the Turnpikes for a Premier...
Guests will only have to say ‘see you later’ to the Turnpike since plans are already underway to bring back the ride in the near future.

Nah, I wouldn't want a 30 million dollar Beemer, but Gerstlauer are quite reliable. But I should just take my own advice, 'don't knock it til I've ridden it...'

Also, you and kingsdominionlvr are basing this off Premier coasters that were built over 10 years ago. That's like saying the next B&M is going to suck because Iron Wolf sucks.

Don't you think the technology, track design, train design, restraint design, etc. has changed a bit? I certainly do, especially considering NEWER, SMALLER, Premiers like BLSC, Mummy, etc. seem to be pretty reliable, smooth, and decent rides.

Nah, I wouldn't want a 30 million dollar Beemer, but Gerstlauer are quite reliable. But I should just take my own advice, 'don't knock it til I've ridden it...'

Also, you and kingsdominionlvr are basing this off Premier coasters that were built over 10 years ago. That's like saying the next B&M is going to suck because Iron Wolf sucks.

Don't you think the technology, track design, train design, restraint design, etc. has changed a bit? I certainly do, especially considering NEWER, SMALLER, Premiers like BLSC, Mummy, etc. seem to be pretty reliable, smooth, and decent rides.

Oh jeez... Look, I'm aware of what Premier have done then and now, and yes you're right. That said, considering what is out there, I would have thought they would have picked otherwise.

I'm sure it'll be a good ride and all, I was just expecting something else...what, I don't know.

Wow, the whinny-complainers have already come out. Personally, I'm super excited. It kind of sounds like a mix of the Flight of Fears and the Mr. Freezes on a smaller scale. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the length of only 2100 feet but maybe that will be decent since Mr. Freeze is only 1300, and all of that 2100 will be ride (no lift hill).