TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

KidTums Goes To Her First Christmas Party!

Hey everyone!

It's been awhile since we've had a good KidTums centric update, so here we go!

A bit of backstory...KidTums has been enrolled in Gymboree since we got back from Korea and she absolutely loves it!! In fact we've gone from having one class and one 'playtime' a week to two classes and two 'playtimes' a week! It's still not enough, I'm convinced she would live there if we'd let her! It was time for Gymboree's annual 'Holiday Party' so I figured we'd give it a shot. It included, games, toys, food, playtime, and a picture with Santa. I wasn't going to wait in line anywhere for a picture with Santa and have seen so many kids crying with him that I figured this would be the only chance we'd have at a 'Baby's First Xmas' type picture.

Now, onto the pix!

party13.thumb.jpg.0bf1546f42efed01e216e47db4677584.jpg

And I'll end this update with what will probably end up being our Christmas Card Photo. Hope you enjoyed it!

party12.jpg.69f976d443a4a0fdbecb9a02cc94a1d2.jpg

"Eh, he's not so bad. I don't see why like every other kid in the place was screaming and crying over him."

party11.jpg.972a6deb412028de470eeff6075d23f5.jpg

"Wait a minute. I'm supposed to go sit on that guy's lap!??! Is Chris Hansen going to come bursting through the door or something?"

party10.jpg.7f74dd737b4b788b6952116efed9506e.jpg

"Aww Crap! No one was supposed to see my admiring myself in the mirror!"

party9.jpg.b7c715d8c39ec15acf3115cddc627ecb.jpg

"I'm too sexy for this dress, too sexy for this dress, too sexy..."

party8.jpg.471ca786ebba9e8ef49ab620c886d62d.jpg

For whatever reason she loved hanging out inside of the little slide. She wouldn't let other kids come in or anything, it was pretty amusing.

party7.jpg.973280b972aa764f3a5e64b9881beebe.jpg

This almost brought a tear to my eye. Just seeing her sit by herself in a real chair, at the tiny little table. Gosh, she'll be at school in no time!

party6.jpg.f61f6dac3b25c73bff8e77bebd758b4e.jpg

"Yeah, that's not so bad!!!"

party5.jpg.63cf551f7fc401dc62e7821f8f71831a.jpg

"So I'm supposed to play with this fake snow and NOT eat it like the kid next to me?"

party4.jpg.6aca25fe456363a0c38f34b828dec97b.jpg

"I'm dressed up, I have a bow in my hair, you took 8 gazillion pictures already, can I please go play now!?!?"

party3.jpg.0c1aedaf9924476045b6cc8a71e68c23.jpg

She's really excited for bubbles. Of course about two weeks ago I bought the bubbles so we could play at home, and she doesn't like them here. Just at Gymboree!

party2.jpg.0dfdf15e626a0a2779ce9e731bfa6e54.jpg

I was pretty impressed that she could crawl even with a dress and pants that were too big!

party1.jpg.b07add55311ad175dfab462eb680a932.jpg

KidTums says: "You dragged me out in the rain and cold, put this dress on me, put pants under the dress so I wouldn't be cold...whoa we're at Gymboree...ok cool!"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristen is the first baby I've seen who didn't cry when she sat on Santa's lap. Back when Diana was about eight months old (her first Christmas) I played Santa at our office Christmas party. Diana sat on my lap and cried her eyes out! But it was DAD!!! Eh, she couldn't tell.

(BTW, Diana sat on Santa's lap this year at The Oaks (Thousand Oaks) and Santa's face was like..."Oh my..." I should get that picture and post it here!)

Anyway, nice update. Keep those KT updates coming!

Eric

Gosh, she'll be at school in no time!

You have no idea! I remember my MIL always telling me how fast my first baby would grow up while I was thinking "I just want her to sleep! Forget about growing up!"

So she's ten and my "baby" is 5. Kristen is adorable, I hope you enjoy her first Christmas!

^Yes!

I had never seen it before, it was pretty awesome stuff.

I'd seen it at a local toy store back home and last year, around the Holiday season, they were selling the test tubes and smaller containers of the stuff at the Everest store. The Cast Members were making "snowstorms" at the shop exit as people were leaving. The cost isn't too bad either. The 100 gram container, which make 2 gallons of "snow", is around 10 bucks and the stuff is reusable. I'm just sure it's a pain in the butt to clean up!

Oh my goodness, the last time I saw Kristen was what, September 24th or something?? How can she possibly have changed so fast since then?!?! Don't get me wrong, I'm more than aware of how quickly they change and grow, but wow!!

She looks absolutely adorable Elissa, what a lovely update!! The picture where Santa and Kristen are looking at each other across the mirror is my absolutely favourite, it looks like one of those arty photos from a baby magazine or something!!

In that last pic - the one you're probably going to use for the card? - Kristen looks like she can't hold it, and she's ready to crack up!

And ditto on the "growth rate" comments from others here. Wow, that kid is growing fast!

Can't wait to see mommy and daddy chasing the little one all around the parks, eventually LOL.