TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool and Fresh - Yes this is a coaster!

RCT3 Wild has a bizarre tower coaster that I origonally thought was a crude attempt a Euro-Fighter. As it turns out, this was the coaster they were emulating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ssxx7QZhw

It used to operate on a fair circuit under the name "Cool and Fresh", but is now being built at the "DippieDoe" Amusemet park in The Netherlands.

The ride itself seems a bit shaky, but is still a pretty cool concept. Will anyone be heading out to DippieDoe next summer to give it a whirl? Looking at the real version, compared to the RCT version, it looks like the RCT creators nailed it

amr027.jpg.2fbd026831d50393eb6bda289922724e.jpg

To those who play RCT3, this may look familiar.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bit shaky? This coaster beats the hell out of you... It is not more than a drop with brake, a Loop with awesome high g`s, brake, s-curve and brake. That`s it.

As far as I know, both Gerstlauer and SBF developed their more than 90 degree tower coasters at the same time for travelling.

Greetings

schrubber

I´ve been on this coaster in 2004. And what should I say??

It was the worst Ride expierience I ever had. I´ve never been on such a big crap before and after this ride. Its unbelivable how bad this ride was. It was shaky, rough and it hurts on every feet of track.

ive posted a video from this "Crap" here some times ago.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152296&highlight=#152296

PS. This might be one of the ugliest coasters ever made in history. And steel wires are holding it - looks so amazingly safe, now I want to ride it

You'd be amazed how many coasters use steel cables for support. Two right off the top of my head, Thunderbolt at Kennywood, and Manhattan Express in Las Vegas. And if you like to count it as a coaster, Superloops/Ring of Fire also uses cables.

PS. This might be one of the ugliest coasters ever made in history. And steel wires are holding it - looks so amazingly safe, now I want to ride it

You'd be amazed how many coasters use steel cables for support. Two right off the top of my head, Thunderbolt at Kennywood, and Manhattan Express in Las Vegas. And if you like to count it as a coaster, Superloops/Ring of Fire also uses cables.

I would NEVER ride them

Quite a few older wooden coasters use chain connected to a center post in turns. You would really miss out on a lot of good classics if you didn't ride because they use cables/chains.

I don't see the problem with cables anyway. If they are tension only members, a cable is the most efficient way to carry the load.

Quite a few older wooden coasters use chain connected to a center post in turns. You would really miss out on a lot of good classics if you didn't ride because they use cables/chains.

I don't see the problem with cables anyway. If they are tension only members, a cable is the most efficient way to carry the load.

Yep, true that! I agree with you, I mean how else can you safely carry a load from a ride without rebuilding the structure? Give me proof and I'll think otherwise.

I heard dippiedoe was building one of these, really strange since there never was anything special to do and it was a kids orientated park and now they're getting this, I've never been on one but seeing this go over the top makes me wonder if that can't result in injuries or something.