TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Tomahawk at PortAventura looks like a tame kiddie ride ride but try smashing you Knees together 5 or so times and you will know the kina pain i went though.. go on try it!

tomahawk2.jpeg.7e5ea3c9ce857abc9f312f50f53db6df.jpeg

Is that a single file 10 seater train yeah! you dont wana know how fast it takes unbanked corners at

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the Raging Wolf Bobs vote. I've talked about it before, but that coaster is absolute torture to go through.

A few years ago I'd have said Mantis at CP, because my calves would hurt every time I went on it. Then I discovered that was instinctively trying to stand on my toes because of some irrational fear that the bicycle seat thing on that coaster would damage a certain part of my anatomy. So the last time I rode it, I fought temptation, kept my feet flat on the ground, and everything went smoothly.

I hate Loup Garou/Werewolf in Walibi Belgium, it's boring, I tought the whole time that the cars would fall apart..

No airtime, a bad first Drop, I don't like the Lay-Out, but that's all my opinion ofcourse.

Well, I had never ridden a Togo before and I felt my time had come, and at $12.50 I really paid the price of pain on the worst coaster I've been on - The Manhattan Express. Ouch: not only in my head but in my wallet. Second worst coaster is Flashback at SFMM where I attempted to stick my neck out (for nobody) from the seats in order to reduce the headbanging.

Oh, and flame me if necessary, but I have yet to encounter what I'd consider to be an "enjoyable" wooden coaster. I'm still looking, though.

I found that Lightning Racer at HP is immensely enjoyable. The lack of a line for my three-in-a-row rides might have been a factor as well!

Demon at paramount Great America..

My god it hurts so much !

I rode in the back this weekend... my god I never had so much pain in a rollercoaster ! My neck and my back were badly hurted, I still had pain the next day The restraints (horse collars style) are too tight, really hurting... really bad 30years roller coaster Tear it down !

I feel some loyalty to Flashback since that was one of my first coasters back when it was Z-Force at Great America waaaay back in the day. *sniff* I remember opening day. *sniff* ok, I'm better now. looking at the picture of it on this thread all I can think is, 'damn they let that ride go downhill'.

Gwazi? a bad ride? blasphemy. I love a wooden coaster that jerks you around. The Beast used to do that very well.

My vote for a bad coaster would be Anaconda at PKD. I think the only PR it had going for it was that it went "under water". Oooooooo. *snore*

or Ninja at SFOG. that was a big let down.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Phishy - you got a headache with the lap bars?? Or have you not ridden it since the retrofit?

-kip-

The last time I rode it was the year they opened it. Was like 1999 or so? If they changed some stuff, thank God! I'm serious, I had a headache the entire day I was there. Really ruined my day.

the worst coaster in the world is zonga at sfmw. i dont know what it is about those loops but they are killer. your head just bashes over and over again and you cant control it. i put my hands one the side of the restraints to try to cushon the impact.

even if it was smooth it still would suck. it goes so slow and it doesnt ever pull any gs or anything.

conclusion.....

ZONGA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

the worst coaster in the world is zonga at sfmw. i dont know what it is about those loops but they are killer. your head just bashes over and over again and you cant control it. i put my hands one the side of the restraints to try to cushon the impact.

even if it was smooth it still would suck. it goes so slow and it doesnt ever pull any gs or anything.

conclusion.....

ZONGA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never even seen Zonga run.

^ As recently as late last summer, Zonga ran about half the days I was there, at least part of the day. Most everyone hated it, and word is it's now SBNO. I'll take the word of those who claim that SFMW ruined a great coaster. But judging solely from its present incarnation, it might be a fun ride if they replaced the layout, the track, and the trains.

Or maybe not.

In my opinion, any coaster built by TOGO is worthy of getting "The Worst" title. Very uncomfortable trains, very sloppy steelwork, and horrible transitions. Experience of Manhattan Express and the Viper could prove this very true to almost anyone, as it has for me. The Viper never even had banked turns, zero degree angle turns made at 40 mph. Sheer genius, like the two guys advertising beer:

Guy 1: "Let's make the Americans pay for the bombs they dropped on us back in the day."

Guy 2: "Brilliant!"

Guy 1: "We could build the Viper!"

Guy 2: "BRILLIANT!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Idk why everyone always says Ninja at SFoG is rough, it was not rough at all when I rode it last year, in fact I really like it, I think its fun... ANYWAY the worst coaster I have been on (judging just by the ones I have been on which isnt many) and its not bad at all, but the Hurricane at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion, the only thing is that the Helices don't provide many forces, but its still a good ride.

100th post!