TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see Pinocchio at the top of that list, where it belongs. And having finally watched The Black Cauldron (and therefore all of the films on that list, with the exception of perhaps one or two of the "package films") I can safely say that it deserved to be that low. It was horrendous.

Tired of those "found-footage" horror movies that keep coming out yet? Well, now they have a new one... that takes place ON THE MOON! Titled "Apollo 18", the film reveals why we never went back to the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2pPv4T2YE

"Apollo 18" is scheduled to be released on April 22nd.

I'm not going to lie, I am looking forward to this a bit.

I saw I Am Number 4, also known as the latest incarnation of Michael Bay's Explosion, last night. It was a little slow to get going, but the special effects, and explosions, were enjoyable.

It's basically your average boy meets girl, jock has dibs on girl, boy kicks jocks arse with special alien powers, alien monsters destroy school type of love story.

Watched True Grit and The Fighter last night.

Both were VERY good although I think True Grit was the better movie. Marky Mark was really good in The Fighter and Jeff Bridges was of course fantastic in True Grit.

Christian Bale deserves the Oscar he's likely to win tonight. Melissa Leo does not. I didn't find her performance that great. Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit was fantastic and deserves the award tonight. Sadly she won't get it.

I understand that I'm a few months late, but this evening, I watched Inception for the first time.

All I have to say, is WOW. It had absolutely everything I love in a movie: ambiguity, amazing visuals, a fast-paced story, and a metric crapload of general mindf**kery. I loved it.

I think I might have a new entry for my top five movies of all time.

See Everybody's Fine - Robert De Niro stars....it's very moving.

I agree. Very emotional.

My favorite director spot goes to Stanley Kubrick. I have seen all of his films and they are all fantastic.

Coming close after Kubrick is:

Darren Aronofsy

The Coen Brothers

Tarantino.

I watched Going the Distance, starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long, the other night. My husband wasn't interested so I ended up watching it by myself while he was at work. It was a cute story. It had a lot of crude, sexual humor and a lot of language in it. But all in all it was a pretty good romantic comedy.

And a far cry from crude humor, I'm also halfway through BBC's miniseries Emma. It is an excellent adaptation of Austen's novel, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

I REALLY like the film Song of the South. Sure, I see racist themes in the film, but it was made in the 40s, and although there is slavery and things like that, Uncle Remus is also portrayed as a cool old dude. Its very cool to watch, however, because its amazing how many of the Splash Mountain scenes are inspired very closely from the film... it really puts the attraction into an entirely new context after you see the film. I highly recommend it... but you may have to watch it online, as I believe the movie is pretty much blacklisted by Disney, and it is very hard to find it in its entirety.

I REALLY like the film Song of the South. Sure, I see racist themes in the film, but it was made in the 40s, and although there is slavery and things like that, Uncle Remus is also portrayed as a cool old dude. Its very cool to watch, however, because its amazing how many of the Splash Mountain scenes are inspired very closely from the film... it really puts the attraction into an entirely new context after you see the film. I highly recommend it... but you may have to watch it online, as I believe the movie is pretty much blacklisted by Disney, and it is very hard to find it in its entirety.

I found a full copy of it on DVD on ebay some years back. Just googled it and found this: http://yoursongofthesouth.com/?gclid=CJTh16_7xqcCFSVa7AodgAfrCg.

I understand people's concerns with the slavery and racist themes, but come on, can't we move past that now and see it for what it is? Learn from it; teach kids that slavery was wrong and it's over now. There are plenty of other offending movies out there. It was made a long time ago. And it's still a classic, and they have a ride themed to it.

Went and saw Rango yesterday to confirm it certainly doesn't seem like a kids movie. Many adult jokes that go right over the kids heads, and creepy odd and wonderfully animated Characters that could be seen as frightening to some kids. The only downside was a pretty predictable plot, but still it was worth seeing. There's a nice nodd to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas too, which the Rango character seems like he belongs in. All in all worth seeing if you like animated films or want to see a film you don't have to think to much about.

The husband and I watched Get Low yesterday. It was a really good movie. I knew nothing about it before he rented it, but I enjoyed it. Then I watched Burlesque (he wasn't interested) and loved it! I was a little scared to see Christina Aguilera acting, but I really enjoyed the movie!

My parents have never seen the Back to the Future movies, so this past weekend I watched the first two with them. We still have the third one left to go (I have seen it), but they seem to really like them so far! I can never get enough of those movies!

^^ I was interested from TV trailers, but the actual trailer makes it look generic. Also, from Saw and PAranormal Activity is an AWFUL way to market this... I dont watch saw to get scared... I watched cause its entertaining to see people die in insane ways. I watch paranormal activity to be startled... the 2 are entirely different genres pretty much.

Saw Sucker Punch. Like its name, it pack quite a whopper. This movie i one of those 'eye of the beholder' movies. You may like or hate it. I found it entertaining. But I do see what the critics are seeing. The movie has many flaws. one-dimensional characters, a simplistic storyline that relies on complex elements to relate a physiological message... I miss the days when movies like this were simple to understand, like Avatar!

Red Riding Hood is pretty good! (that rhymes!) you'll enjoy the twist at the end.

IT's not a predictable movie. At first, I thought it was. But as the movie was reaching the climax, you'll be surprised to find out how every scene is literally important to understand the entire movie