TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Oh, aside from the Twilight yawnfest, we also recently watched Inception and The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Loved them both. Inception is definitely one you have to pay close attention to, but luckily it's one you can't take your eyes off of from the beginning. Very interesting story and complex plot; still not sure if I "get it" completely, but I loved it nonetheless. I think it will take watching it a few times to really catch everything.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox was very cute and definitely re-watchable. My kids loved it, and even my husband has been walking around doing Foxy's trademark. Loved the humor in it. We will definitely be adding it to our library.

This is destined to be a TPR classic ...

http://rubberthemovie.com/

About The Film

RUBBER is the story of Robert, an inanimate tire that has been abandoned in the desert, and suddenly and inexplicably comes to life. As Robert roams the bleak landscape, he discovers that he possesses terrifying telepathic powers that give him the ability to destroy anything he wishes without having to move. At first content to prey on small desert creatures and various discarded objects, his attention soon turns to humans, especially a beautiful and mysterious woman who crosses his path. Leaving a swath of destruction across the desert landscape, Robert becomes a chaotic force to be reckoned with, and truly a movie villain for the ages. Directed by legendary electro musician Quentin Dupieux (Steak, Nonfilm), aka Mr. Oizo, RUBBER is a smart, funny and wholly original tribute to the cinematic concept of "no reason."

Looks like the sequel to Tron Legacy is happening:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48194

Not sure how to feel about this. I actually really enjoyed Tron Legacy... a lot more than I thought I would. I figured it would be another film franchise that I grew up with, only to be remade to ruin my childhood memories. It actaully didn't do that at all, and as someone who was a "moderate" fan of the original Tron, I actually felt Legacy did the first movie justice, and it wasn't terrible.

It wasn't my favorite movie of all time either, but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Why do I have a feeling the third one is the franchise killer? Ugh... they made one movie when I was 12 that was half-way decent for the video game loving geek that I am. They made another one 28 years later that satisfied any void (there wasn't one actually) for a sequel. I highly doubt they can do it a third time.

--Robb

[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHUQtnJsyQ&feature=channel]

I am not going to lie, this ENTIRE films premise is a giant cliche and does tons of things I hate, but it looks awesome. Also, Greg Mottola, from Superbad and Adventure land has never officially made a bad film, despite what many people did not like about adventure land. I know trailers often show the best parts of a film, but somehow all the gags appeared to work very well, or at least they did to me. Also, the cast...hell, the leading three actors alone are AMAZING. There is no better comedy team than Nick Frost and Simon Peg, throw in Seth Rogen voicing an alien who actually looks well made with CGI and the director of Superbad, and you've got a seemingly entertaining film!

I caught The Green Hornet in 3D this evening, and it's safe to say that it's exactly what the trailers make it out to be.

It's a dumb, immature, explosion-packed action movie with a sorta weak story, but man, oh man, was it a fun ride. Don't listen to the critics that are saying "it could have been the next Iron Man", no, it couldn't have been. It was supposed to be a dumb movie from the start, and it succeeded. Yeah, it had its flaws, like Cameron Diaz being a completely unnecessary addition and the main character being an unlikeable douchebag, but the action scenes and general bada$$ery made up for it.

Don't bother with the 3D, though. Not worth the extra money.

Overall, it was worth seeing, for sure. I was smiling through the entire film, and had a blast watching it. Just don't set your expectations too high, especially with all these stellar comic book movies coming out.

I caught The Green Hornet in 3D this evening, and it's safe to say that it's exactly what the trailers make it out to be.

It's a dumb, immature, explosion-packed action movie with a sorta weak story, but man, oh man, was it a fun ride. Don't listen to the critics that are saying "it could have been the next Iron Man", no, it couldn't have been. It was supposed to be a dumb movie from the start, and it succeeded. Yeah, it had its flaws, like Cameron Diaz being a completely unnecessary addition and the main character being an unlikeable douchebag, but the action scenes and general bada$$ery made up for it.

Don't bother with the 3D, though. Not worth the extra money.

Overall, it was worth seeing, for sure. I was smiling through the entire film, and had a blast watching it. Just don't set your expectations too high, especially with all these stellar comic book movies coming out.

It should have been fantastic if you know who the director is. Unfortunately this guy is almost pulling an M Nigh right now. Eternal Sunshine was a great film, never caught the science of sleep and was amused by Be Kind Rewind, but the awesomeness of Eternal Sunshine is no longer in his films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2ukSJFgCM&feature=related

I dont know if this is the right thread as this is not a review, but kids are not given nearly enough credit in general. Sure, some may be REALLY STUPID, but this *itch its stupid as hell. When was the last time you heard of a kid killing someone with a katana? No one beats the bride, bitch! p.s. Sorry for the sound dubbing.

Anyone else ready for another Tarantino movie? I really hope we don't have to wait for Kill Bill V3 in 2014!

THE BRIDE WILL FIGHT AGAIN. Kill Bill is my favorite film franchise, and both are in my top ten films, and Kill Bill V1 is one of my favorite films!

Looks like the sequel to Tron Legacy is happening:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48194

Not sure how to feel about this. I actually really enjoyed Tron Legacy... a lot more than I thought I would. I figured it would be another film franchise that I grew up with, only to be remade to ruin my childhood memories. It actaully didn't do that at all, and as someone who was a "moderate" fan of the original Tron, I actually felt Legacy did the first movie justice, and it wasn't terrible.

It wasn't my favorite movie of all time either, but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Why do I have a feeling the third one is the franchise killer? Ugh... they made one movie when I was 12 that was half-way decent for the video game loving geek that I am. They made another one 28 years later that satisfied any void (there wasn't one actually) for a sequel. I highly doubt they can do it a third time.

--Robb

Here's a recent article stating that a Tron: Legacy sequel may not happen even though there's a rumored teaser for the Blu-ray and DVD release:

http://www.moviehole.net/201136094-there-may-be-a-tron-3-teaser-doesnt-mean-therell-be-a-tron-3

It seems like they will really need a huge boost from Blu-ray and DVD sales to even consider a sequel. I see this happening if the sales do well and they find a way to slice a good percentage off the production and marketing budget. While the movie had strong box office sales in the USA it really fell flat worldwide.

I was a fan of the original but I felt T:L had a weak plot. I really wanted it to be a successful follow-up but I left the theatre disappointed.

It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out.

I saw Exit Through the Gift Shop yesterday, and I am looking at in in 2 ways.

Option 1:The film is real. If it is real it tells the fascinating story of an immigrant from France and how he became involved in street art and the art people create. We also see how Street art has progressed to a real art form and we see how society is accepting it as a contemporary form of art, despite the fact that the idea of street art is anti establishment. We also see the story of a new artist emerge.

Option 2:The film is a hoax. This is probably a better assumption. The film is about a Frenchman who gets deep into the world of street art, but for the wrong reasons. He does it for the money, and not as a sense of expression. He creates an art show that is widely enjoyed by the general public, but he sells out for money and fame rather than making a statement such as artists like Banksy.

Regardless the film tells an awesome story, and it shows the underground art scene as well as the ideals and themes of street art, and how they have been compromised by certain people. The film as a whole is incredibly interesting.

Over all I highly recommend watching this film. You will see the work of artistic revolutionaries, and it will also make you question if graffiti(or street are in general) can be a true form of art, or if it is just vandalism.

Lastly, Banksy recently did the Simpson's famous intro, but did it brilliantly so it had a political message. It may be one of the best statements I have ever seen about foreign labor laws and sweat shops and how although many oppose them, most people just ignore them.

^ I kind of got that impression as well, his life just tied into the story a bit too well, but you are correct, everyone else is real. There is a space invader and a Banksy and all those people, and the events did actually happen, but was the expo aspect real at all? Also, does that make the film less of a documentary, cause I would be surprised if this does not win the academy award. I wonder who will accept the award, cause it sure as hell wont be Banksy.