TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Some people at CWMania are thinking that the "Record breaking" will be tallest coaster in Canada... but that makes NO SENSE because Behemoth is the tallest coaster in Canada and that is owned by the same park... Why would they want to break their own record? LOL.

^ It's great that you've had some good coverage, but really, it's just photos of metal, and I'm not sure anyone realized it was a competition of "who was first" until you just brought it up.

Isn't all rollercoaster news , just people posting pictures of metal first? Either way, I don't follow cwmania but, Nick clearly broke the story.

Chris "tips my hat" FIRST Connolly

^ Nick, to be fair, no one is really putting anyone down. I think you have now made a bigger deal out of this than anyone else has. It's great that you've had some good coverage, but really, it's just photos of metal, and I'm not sure anyone realized it was a competition of "who was first" until you just brought it up.

I knew about it first! The Dippin' Dots guy at Hersheypark told me last Sunday!

yeah...back to that coaster that B&M will never build. The one over 300ft tall...

It's funny, I was just discussing this with someone during the Road To CP trip. I think it had been more about parks not wanting or not being able to pay for a 300ft B&M and as such, it never happened.

Thank you guys!

I wonder if it'll be breaking the lenth record? Steel Dragon currently has it and is only 318 feet tall and 8000+ feet long. This is rumored to be 350' while I don't believe it'll be that tall, if it is, B&M's tend to be long rides, and it was supposed to "eclipse Behemoth in both height and length" so maybe we'll be seeing longest roller coaster in Canada or even the world?

A quote from the site "We have always loved breaking records, congratulations wonderland!" ... This could mean anything! It could mean that it's 2 feet longer then the longest coaster in canada or the world! BUT It definitely does not surpass a height record in Canada because the park would be beating it's own record (behemoth, highest canada coaster) which is stupid... But once again, It could definitely be a length record but it could only be 5 feet longer then the longest in canada/world which really doesn't thrill much...

This "RECORD BREAK" has to be a very intense one... unless the media/press they are trying to give this thing is a high name and it's nothing but a scandal.

Honestly, if I hadn't seen the supposed renderings, I would have thought that this thing would end up with ten cars to the train or more.

Would be nice to have a filter on here so I can block unrelated nonsense banter. Or, if you're bitching and try to post, it just directs you to a page that says "shut up".

Big B&M opening next year. It's gonna be rad, and awesome, and other positive superlatives. Word.

Just by the leaked picture, im willing to bet that this will have a large over-bank/ high speed turnaround like the two other cedar fair gigas have, which to be honest is probably the best way to go on a giga, design wise. With speed stats like 90-100+, it just doesn't make scene to have a big drop and and hop back up into a massive hill if you want to give the impression of insane speed like Millennium and I305 do with their turnarounds. And just personally speaking, the insanely tall drop and speed rush that follows is what sets giga coasters apart from hyper coasters.

This is why i tend not to compare Millennium with Steel Dragon 2000 because to me Steel Dragon is basically a giant extended image of the early Arrow and Morgan hyper coaster designs, Whereas Millennium had something strikingly original about it's cable lift, enormous first drop and giant over-bank. With this looking to be B&Ms entry into the giga coaster era , I'm extremely exited to see what will be coming to parks the following 10 years, now that the two biggest players (and competitors) in the coaster manufacturing business are capable of producing reliable solid Giga coasters.

I don't understand all of the complaining/bashing of a ride that has not even been announced. Hello people, this is a B&M Giga! Who cares if Behemoth is already in the park, all I care about is the new ride.

The complaint is purely speculation that if the new coaster ends up just being a 70 foot taller version than the ride they already have in the park, it seems kind of pointless. Again, I think it's completely reasonable that people are discussing both sides.

Really, I think most people are just excited about the announcement. Is that such a bad thing?

It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve! We're all so excited to find out what this monster is going to be!

I think it's great that people are discussing both sides. I agree that a 70ft taller version of Behemoth would be a bit of a let down (especially when we could use another great looper). I really do expect something that's going to offer some sort of different experience though! I can't imagine that B&M and Canada's Wonderland will disappoint us.