TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scale Coaster trains! Griffon and Alpengeist

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I know everyone is excited about these and you all want to see a model of "your favorite coaster" put into production, but I'm sure doing these models take a lot of time to produce and I'm guessing it's fair amount of work getting the rights from the parks.

Be happy that this "line" of models have been introduced. And if successful, a new "line" ususally means more to come!

I never quite understood why Disney discontinued the attraction die cast models they produced (we have like 10 of them) and I'm really happy that Coaster Dynamix have introduced these.

Give them some time and I'm sure many more of everyone's "favorite coasters" will be coming along.....

--Robb "CD Guys - I should have told you to be prepared for a flood of questions!" Alvey

Robb- we get this all the time. Can you do this? Can you make that? It does get frustrating. We work really hard to come out with something we feel is really cool and the first thing some people ask is "yeah, but what about..."

I actually enjoy answering questions about our products. I called one park earlier in the week and talked to a lady in merchandising who wanted to know why on earth someone would pay $20 for one of THOSE models. I told her some people get it and some don't. She obviously didn't. The people on this site do.

Most of the parks have been very cooperative and enthusiastic about this project. They provide us with artwork and colors. We even got to see the official B&M drawings for the Griffon trains months before they arrived. Unfortunately, no one has any experience selling this sort of souvenir so they don't really have any advice. They are as curious about customer feedback as we are.

How's about a "VekomaDyamix" model with realistic "Whirwhirwhir-KER-CHUNK" action!

I look forward to supporting what I can of the CoasterDynamix product line-up, so that more and more possibilities become realities. I'm already drooling over the idea of an Arrow Suspended model like this.

No. All the inverteds will be regular 7 car trains.

I am interested in these new train models, but it seems that if you are selling replicas of specific coaster trains, the models should have the same number of cars as the real thing. I can understand maybe skipping the zero-car with Alpengeist, but say if Raptor has eight cars, why not have 8 cars on the model. Most inverted coasters have eight cars, not seven.

No. All the inverteds will be regular 7 car trains.

I am interested in these new train models, but it seems that if you are selling replicas of specific coaster trains, the models should have the same number of cars as the real thing. I can understand maybe skipping the zero-car with Alpengeist, but say if Raptor has eight cars, why not have 8 cars on the model. Most inverted coasters have eight cars, not seven.

It is all about economics. To get to the price point we are trying to achieve, we cannot go over 7 cars. Eight cars would take the price up closer to $30. The parks want inexpensive souvenirs. And seriously....how many souvenir buyers really care? Will it prevent you from buying one?

She should have thought about this. It's obviously worth more than $5 right? Ten also. But then you gotta consider this. Theme park prices are expensive for everything. We payed $10 at SFMM for some picture frame that still had Psyclone on it and not Tatsu. WTF!?!? Anyway, after you count labor, parts, shipping, etc., $20 is a VERY good price.