TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has a waterslide ever scared you?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water slides STILL scare the living crap out of me. Especially the "vertical" drop slides. Half the time I start to lift off the slide then painfully slam down on the bottom.. And if I stay on the whole ride I get water blasted up my butt for ten seconds.

I'm much more comfortable in intertube slides.. but even then.

I say this all the time, but still to this day Bomb Bay at Wet N Wild Orlando has put the biggest fear in my heart lol. Everytime I get on it, I still get scared to the point I might back out (although I never backed out) lol. So I'm with the others who said Bomb Bay.

BombBay_Ride.jpg.a81679003c4ef51f4e44a496b6e48620.jpg

Bomb Bay @ Wet N Wild Orlando

Not just waterslide...

I'm not a waterpark-goer not only becuz of my tummy

I've ride only 2 waterslides in my life... one I got bruises on my head for weeks [i shouldn't laid down in a sit-up slide] and another one i broke my leg

^Wow I can understand why you don't go on waterslides anymore

The only time I was scared was when I rode one of those bowl slides where you there's a 2 meter fall out of the hole in the middle. I was getting closer to the hole untill I realised I was going head first. It was pretty scary.

I was going to say "What are you kidding me? A waterslide has never scared big Jay Willis!" Then, I had a flashback to a time when American Idol was not the most annoying thing on TV, Madonna wasn't over the hill, 6 packs of frozen Super Pretzels still had decent sized pretzels, and I was trembling and ready to pee my pants at the top of the speed slides at Wildwater Kingdom.

There was a small, old, mom and pop water park in Revenna Ohio, near Geauga Lake, called Holiday Sands. It was basically a big man made lake with slides and other water attractions around it. The big slide there was a tall speed slide made of metal, so it was kind of like a 50 foot tall playground slide with a trickle of water going down it. It was horrifying, I remember the first time I went down, halfway down I sat up and grabbed the sides to slow myself down, and I am not kidding, the friction of my nails scrapping on the tin slide made sparks, it was great fun though. To bad Holiday Sands closed down in 2003, now the only waterpark in Northeast Ohio is Geauga Lake, which sucks, but the Hurricane Falls there body slides are also terrifying too.

Big Thunder at Rapids Waterpark in West Palm Beach, FL - 2006. My first Proslide Tornado (why they recently built a second clone, but dark, I don't know) I knew I was safe, but I didn't know what to expect, as I never went on a slide like that before. But, I don't think I ever experienced airtime on a slide before, which I loved.

I used to be terrified of enclosed body slides. For some reason I always thought I would become trapped inside and drown.
Dude I used to think the same things on enclosed slides. I mean I still do sometimes but after the drop I feel fine.

Those interlocking waterslides freak me out, but only because once you get half way down you start drowning if you don't remember / aren't told to hold your breath once you get 1/3 of the way down.

Do you mean those 'scooby-do' slides, like they had near Bomb Bay at W'n'W Orlando (I don't see them on their website anymore, but they were there 3-4 years ago).

I didn't dare to go on those but I am curious now why you have to hold your breath after 1/3.

In general, I'm almost always scared going on a slide. I'm always afraid to hurt my self. On rollercoaster I feel MUCH more comfortable.

The slides I was referring to look like this, and are apparently hard to find pictures of, since I was trying yesterday when I was going to post.

You have to hold your breath because you catch up with the water and you start getting inundated with water.

IMG_1929.jpg.e994d453c05cc15502164ac8224bb10a.jpg

Photo from kicentral.com

Those interlocking waterslides freak me out, but only because once you get half way down you start drowning if you don't remember / aren't told to hold your breath once you get 1/3 of the way down.

Do you mean those 'scooby-do' slides, like they had near Bomb Bay at W'n'W Orlando (I don't see them on their website anymore, but they were there 3-4 years ago).

I didn't dare to go on those but I am curious now why you have to hold your breath after 1/3.

In general, I'm almost always scared going on a slide. I'm always afraid to hurt my self. On rollercoaster I feel MUCH more comfortable.

The slides I was referring to look like this, and are apparently hard to find pictures of, since I was trying yesterday when I was going to post.

You have to hold your breath because you catch up with the water and you start getting inundated with water.

Yes, that the type of slide I meant (and which could be found at WnW Orlando some years ago but obviously has been removed).

As I said, I rode Bomb Bay but didn't dare to go on that interlocking slide. Now that I know that you also have to hold your breath when riding that, I think I'll never ride it.

Scariest, and most embarrassing, water slide was at Waterworld in Cyprus.

Went on the Kamikaze slide (after a lot of egging on from mates) and as I went through the drop I was so scared I made the weirdest sound ever - it wasn't a scream it was like a big beasty bellow something like "guraaaaarghh" and everyone in the queue behind me heard it - probably the people watching as well - and not only that I had a v. painful wedgie!

Not good.

I was reading through, and I would like to say, that I remember the looping slide at Action Park. I am not sure if it actually opened or not, however, I do remember being on a slide at the former Action Park and flipping, banging my head, and then tumbling out into a muck of water. I don't remember if that was the looping slide, or if it was another slide (as there were a lot of attractions at that place where that kind of thing could have happened.) There was someone on another site that said that it actually opened for a brief period (maybe a month or so) but there are others that profoundly argue that it never did open. I can't say for sure as I have some odd childhood memories.

Action Park was seriously a death trap. I can't recall how many people died or were seriously injured at that place.

For those of you who didn't see the picture that Wes put up in link form back on page two of this thread, here it is.

loopin.jpg.992b8540fe1aaed9bef697e4357b885a.jpg

since i live so cal,the main water park i would have to say that i attended the most would be SFHH,the main slides would be the tallest ones with the cobra on the top(forgot the name,)that 1 that goes straight down scared the crap out of me,also those enclosed ones,i'm not claustrophobic or anything but to be that high of the ground and be in a pipe and its closed ,i mean i would get on a enclosed slide but to be that high of the ground just disorients me,and i'm not that kind of person to be sick of a ride no matter what!!!!

^That's what the Ski Lift's for, I was wondering what the hell was going on with that.

I totally dig the skis that move up and down, under the riders legs so it looks like you have ski's on your feet.