TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo and Video Trip Report: Texas

^JTA has alot more theming than people give it credit for! First of all, look at the boats. The theming on them is absolutely great! I also will go ahead and point out some things before my huge report...they have placed "lost treasure" in the water that the ride resides in, there is a painted beach where treasure has come upon the shore, and the outdoor stations looks so great in person. Also, Fran of SeaWorld informed me that there is still some theming that may be added to JTA, so don't count it out yet!

Here's a photo from my trip:

I would say it was great theming at other parks, its just its nowhere near to the standards of theming of the other JTA's

Again, great Photo TR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to visit any Texas parks, even though I've always wanted to check out Six Flags--because it was the official theme park of the Banana Splits. (Boy, does that date me.) Six Flags Over Texas looks great.

So, what is this "Fantastic Journey" dark ride all about, Jim?

Im going to dallas in like a few weeks, and of course, im going for the rides but more importantly im going for the PINK THINGS, are they still just 2 bucks or did six flags decide to pull a parking lot raise on it and make it more

Pink Things were $1, SF raised them to $2.00

The Jims were pretty confused as to where they are right now

That's the funniest picture!

It started to get hot so we rode one of the two log flumes they have there. Guess what Jahan, it was an Arrow Log Flume

Then it was a awesome log flume, I take it?!

Thanks for posting Jimmy! These were all parks that I cant say that I knew very much about, so this was probably my best look into them so far! Thanks!....great stuff!

-Jahan

Excellent pics and videos, Jimbo. Texas was a place I really enjoyed on my sole visit there in 1999, and I keep wanting to go back, but at the same time I realize that in the 8 years it's been since I've been there, they've gotten like 6 new coasters in the whole state! (and most of them are kiddie coasters)

Hopefully with Boardwalk Bullet opening later this year it'll prioritize a visit there for me in the next few years.

Hey Jimmybo!

Awesome TR! We will be doing the exact opposite in the next few weeks as we travel across country. Starting with Cliffs, and working our way to Seaworld. It should be fun for the whole family.

Again! Awesome TR! It looks like you had a great time.

Hey guys, Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Here's some answers to some of your questions...

- The crowds were very minimal and I think the longest wait we had was for New Mexico Rattler and that was only about 30minutes because I wanted to sit in the back.

- The Pink Things were only 2 bucks and probably the best cold thing I've ever had at a park. There really is no word to describe it.

- Chuck (cfc) Fantastic Journey was kind of like a haunted house ride. They had tons of things that just randomly jump out and scare the crap out of you. Plus, there were some cheesy effects in there too.

- As for the spine crushing part of Texas Tornado...Good floater air and then extreme g's right after which crushes you down into the seat.

- The La Vibora video has been taken off the trip report...sorry for those of you that weren't able to see it before it was removed.

Again, thanks for the comments and I'm glad some of you enjoy it.

^One banana, two banana three banana four...!!!

Wow, that's where they were on that show...SFOT? Learn something new everyday...

G "Chuck is God" Money

I did a little research. The show lasted two seasons--season 1 used SFOT, while season 2 used Coney Island in Cincinnati (or so Wikipedia claims).

So Shockwave is really THAT good?

ride near the back and you'll get amazing ejector air, but really forceful loops; ride in the front and you have less intense loops, but not as much airtime...yes, it is that good

EDIT: Oh yeah, Shockwave's trains only have lapbars, so there is no

That picture of the mummified person and baby reminded me of the dead bodies I saw when I visited Pompeii in Italy 5 years ago. Except those were coated in ash. One of them looked as if he was shielding his eyes from the volcanic eruption and died in that position. I don't have a picture available at the moment, but I will post one later.

Are Pink Things like Push-Ups?

That's what they remind me of (except, they're pink).

I also just want to add that the pictures look great. I was watching a Texas Rangers game in the early 90's and they did an aerial view of the Texas Giant--which was brand new at the time. I fell in love. Too bad it doesn't run like it did 16 years ago.

Still, I can't wait for whenever I get down there.

Are Pink Things like Push-Ups?

That's what they remind me of (except, they're pink).

I also just want to add that the pictures look great. I was watching a Texas Rangers game in the early 90's and they did an aerial view of the Texas Giant--which was brand new at the time. I fell in love. Too bad it doesn't run like it did 16 years ago.

Still, I can't wait for whenever I get down there.

no, they look like it, but they're made of different materials I think...