TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKI Ride Removal?

Technically FOF is a multilooping coaster...but you remember the safari? I only rode it once before it was torn down, so I dont remember too much about it. You raise a good point that they have a bunch of land out back (where they *could* have put delerium rather than takeing down KC). However, after wasting lots of their money on IJST, I doubt wed get anything so huge as an uber terrain giga, although it would be sweet. Finally, PEOPLE WHO LIVE WITHIN PKI UNITE!!!!!!!!!*points at location* Im actually gonna go right now or tommarow to ride VorteX as many times as possible, so they wont tear it down. I urge you to do the same to protect our rides...

edit: im back. not as many rides on vortex, but I did manage four from different spots...This thing absolutely owns! Atleast 2 pops of air time are experienced despite where you sit...I think on my last ride I floated a good 6" off of my seat going down the first hill^^. Besides that, there was a decent line for it, so I doubt their gonna take it down...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight Of Fear would get the 'MTV Soundwave' treatment before it got torn down. I agree there's still enough room to build without removing a COASTER. I would expect a couple older flat rides to leave for new flats before any multi-million dollar coaster is axed.

Did I neglect to mention that Delerium is waiting for parts from Germany...BIG problem for one of PKI's best flats...maybe they shall have to tear it down...but what would they put there? (KC shall rise again.) On another note, I apparently can get ejector air on the back seat of Congo Falls 0.o;

I hadn't read through this thread for a while, but since getting caught up on it today, I have to say that I would suspect that TOP GUN could be the one going, mainly because of the construction for the GREAT WOLF LODGE. No one has really said how far over onto PKI property they will need to go for this project, but since TG literally butted up against the former campground, I would have to think it's a possibility.

After the last two weekends at the park (fights, guns, security issues) I am thinking that any new attraction ought to be bulletproof!

Shari "Hoping this will all die down and we aren't on the verge of becoming a GHETTO park" Shoufler

• 2 years later...

If they took out Vortex and replaced it with a copy of Thorpe's Colossus I doubt many would complain.

Actually it would be a smart bit of business. They could relocate Vortex to Geauga Lake, even have it extend out over the water to make it even cooler like Anaconda (the suckiest coaster on the planet!).

Vortex was the first 6 looper in the country and deserves respect.

I agree with most- rid the park of SOB- it really is not related to the Beast. Its more like the bastard son of a hundred maniacs (like Freddy Krueger!).

I don't know. I would pick SOB. Just because it's still kinda rough and boring.

I had a really good ride on Vortex the last time I was there. I sat in the back car. It had GREAT air on the drop. The rest was decent, because of less head banging than before. I got off the ride WITHOUT A HEADACHE. Thats good news to me. I'd kinda wanna keep it in.

Wow.. who would have thought that in just 2 short years we'd get new owners, a new kids area, a new used coaster and a whole rebranding!

As far as removing rides, I think the only ride Cedar Fair will take out now is Tomb Raider, and thats just due to the fact that the ride is tearing itself apart. Cedar Fair like Top Spins, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if our gets taken out but then replaced with a smaller one with water effects.

I don't see SOB being taken out of KI. If you ride in the first car, especially in the front seat; it's a pretty fun ride! I had fun yesterday! It was smooth, fast, a nice ride!

Vortex, ha! It's not going anywhere. It still gives an great ride if you know where to sit.

-J "Mr. Kings Island" Z

I don't see anything leaving CFPKI in the near future.

I do see the possibility of them getting one or two more of GL's coasters.

Villain would be a great addition to their Dead-Wood Collection. It's semi-long, has gotten really rough and assembles like an Erector Set.

Oh God. If Kings Island got Villain there would be no doubt that Kings Island has the worst large coaster collection (> 10) on the planet. They should make one of those crappy Golden Ticket Awards to commemorate this incredible achievement.

I don't see anything leaving CFPKI in the near future.

I do see the possibility of them getting one or two more of GL's coasters.

Villain would be a great addition to their Dead-Wood Collection. It's semi-long, has gotten really rough and assembles like an Erector Set.

I don't get what the fascination of wanting to take all Geauga Lake's coasters out is...Steel Venom and X-Flight were taken out due to the cost of maintainence, not just for the hell of it. Besides, if you didn't know already, Geauga Lake's attendance is actually up this season so I don't know why they would remove anything else from the park. If anything, the park will get something new, not keep taking things out.