TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SIX FLAGS ADS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a pretty cool spot. Much better than some of the older "generic" ones they used to run. Not as "entertaining" as the very first Mr. Six spot, but good still.

It certainly doesn't promote a "family" park, though. It's very "scare the crap out of you THRILL RIDES" spot, with like the kids being practically run over by the rides!

It also seemed very "RCT".

Overall, I liked it. Didn't *LOVE* it, but I did think it was very well done.

--Robb

Oh thank god these ads were not the originally proposed "Clean, Safe, Fun" ads announced shortly after Shapiro took over SF. All good ads that don't have to rely off dancing old men.

If you ask me which ad is most badass, Fiesta Texas for the win.

Eh... is it a 'good' commercial yes. Is it the right one for now, I think not. The commercial itself was indeed rather impressive, with the CG effects. Although it did seem somewhat like a RCT game trailer. But down to the real matter it didn't promote 'family fun'; which is what I thought the company was aiming for. This commercial is without a doubt targeted to teens, which is something that I thought the park image was trying to pull away from. I really do support the idea of having the Six Flags parks becoming more family friendly, but it has to be constant.

Just the other night I was leaving work and I heard harecore rap music being blasted from one of the private party areas at Six Flags. Not trying to compare this new commercial to hardcore rap songs, but its just the inconsistencies in their plan. I thought the previous "You are Here" commercial was much better in staying in touch with their new family fun promotions.

Just my opinion.

_six

That was a pretty cool spot. Much better than some of the older "generic" ones they used to run. Not as "entertaining" as the very first Mr. Six spot, but good still.

It certainly doesn't promote a "family" park, though. It's very "scare the crap out of you THRILL RIDES" spot, with like the kids being practically run over by the rides!

It also seemed very "RCT".

Overall, I liked it. Didn't *LOVE* it, but I did think it was very well done.

--Robb

However, the ad was talking about how it's open for spring break - mostly for 17-20 year-olds. It makes more sense to make these ads more freaky.

Great commercials!

I'm going to SFKK in less than a week, so my coaster withdrawal is finally coming to an end!

SFKK used to advertise on TV in the Cincinnati market, between 1995 and 2001, despite the obvious presence of Kings Island. Heck, you could even find Cedar Point billboards along Cincinnati highways until a few years ago.