TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hi I seem to have made it 3 uk-ers in a row! I'm a long time lurker and I thought I should take the plunge.

Charlotte- I live very close to you! Do you count Telford Wonderland as your local park?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know probably somewhere in these 188 pages, I have an intro post. But new year and all that jazz and the fact I think I've posted like 7 times or something, so I call myself a lurker around here.

My name is Nicole, I'm 27. Technically my home park is Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, as that is what I live closest too. But I think I'll always consider Knoebels my "home" park as it was right there when I went to college (used to spend some summer days there before I'd go to my night classes in grad school).

At one point I knew someone on here as we went to college together. Don't know if they still lurk or not.

I honestly don't know how many coasters I've been on (probably under 100), and most have been on the east coast.

Anyone wants to know anything else send a PM. I'm fairly open about things.

*looks at post* I've gotten to the point where I start to ramble about stuff

Nicole

Hey all I have been registered here for about 3 1/2 years, but haven't posted much, usually used the site to see pictures and stuff. I am from Salt Lake, so I guess my home park would be Lagoon in Farmington. I am right down the street from Shane's waterpark. I love sports (hence the Utah Jazz logo), and I just like to learn about theme parks and what is "must ride" or "must see" to plan for future visits. as for how many costers I have been on about 50 or so, hoping to get that number up.

Hi all my name is Rachel and I'm from Ireland.

Unfortunately we don't have any theme parks here, so I don't get the chance to ride coasters as much as I would love to! My family usually take a trip to Orlando every year and so far I have visited all the Disney parks, Universal/Islands Of Adventure, Seaworld and Busch Gardens. Gotta say so far my favourite coasters are (in order) The Hulk, Sheikra and Manta

Hello,

My name is Sarah. I'm 17 and blind. I love roller coasteps, bungee jumping, and thrills! My favorite place in the world is Six Flags Magic Mountain! I go at least once every other month! I ges season passes every xear and I can't wait until March 20th! It's goingto be the best day of my life! I've been on all the coasters at Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, and Cedar Point. My favorites are X2 and Tatsu! Oh yeah!

Hello to all!

I am a long time 'lurker', and I have finally decided to join the boards. What was the cause of this? Was it dinner last night? Was it the fact that I almost died slipping on ice this morning? No. I joined in search for ADVENTURE!

You see, the offseason has been very cruel to me. It just keeps dragging on. Currently, my life is dull. I've tried to spice it up; I'm even in my school's production of Beauty and the Beast. So far, it has been unsuccessful. That's when I decided that I needed that extra little help from a fantastic community like the one we all know as TPR!

Okay, I'm done with the dramatic effects (Let's hope no one is allergic to cheese!), onto the more interesting stuff written in a more boring way.

My home park is Valleyfair!, and I spend an unhealthy amount of time there. As in, at least 5 times a week. I can tell you just about anything about my park. Let's start off with a some little tidbits.

Wild Thing and Excalibur both have a drop of 60os. Also, when Excalibur had opened, it opened with the world's steepest drop. However, it didn't receive very much attention for it, as Magnum XL 200 had opened the same year, only later, and it also had a 60o drop.

Also, the person who holds the record for most rides on Excalibur? Me. I have ridden it 1,000 times + in the last 2 years alone. Why? I honestly have no clue, but it has helped me to meet a TON of people. Also, I must have either incredible ride endurance, or maybe just SLIGHTLY crazy... I've ridden Excalibur 6 hours straight, and at one point, I rode it 5 hours straight, in the rain. No clue why, but I felt accomplished

I've only been on 48... I think.. coasters, and I am hoping to change that by participating in one of TPR's amazing trips, hopefully in 2011

My favorite wood coaster is Beast. I know the layout isn't spectacular by any means; lot's of straight sections. However, I just found it to be pure fun!

My favorite steel coaster would probably be Maverick or Disaster Transport. Maverick is an amazing coaster on it's own. Disaster Transport was another one of those 'FUN!' coasters, proof you don't need speed or height, or even inversions, to be fun.

Well, I think that's enough self-revealment for now. I hope to be more active on the forums, and just want to thank the Alveys for this great site!

Hi I seem to have made it 3 uk-ers in a row! I'm a long time lurker and I thought I should take the plunge.

Charlotte- I live very close to you! Do you count Telford Wonderland as your local park?

Bahaha I don't think it has any CREDS

Alton Towers is my local and most favourite (hmm wonder who influenced me ) I meant to put that in my intro post but my typing skills apparently fail!

Hello!

My name is TheCoasterTaco, but you can also call me Crazy since that is what I'm called on mariokartwii.com (I guess I'm just used to that name ) I live in California and my local park is California's Great America. BTW, I am planning to go there on May 16th *cough* Bay Area Bash *cough*. My current credit count is 51 (I count fair coasters a 1/2 credit [4 fair coasters]) and my park credit is at 19 (fairs count as 1/2 credit [2 fairs]). I also love to play Roller Coaster Tycoon (even though I haven't played it for a while) and Mario Kart Wii (I am on a Mario Kart team called Road Rage).

That is just a brief background of me and I can't wait to meet some new peeps here at TPR!

~TheCoasterTaco~

Hey everyone,

My name is Stephen. Unfortunately, I don't live terribly close to any amusement parks, so my "home" park changes depending on how far I want to during the summer. My home park is typically either Cedar Point or Kings Island, though. I've ridden about 135 coasters over my lifetime. My favorites are Maverick, El Toro, Voyage, Nitro, and Millennium Force. I am in my 20s, I love traveling, sports, and snow skiing. My wife and I currently live in Indiana.

Hi. My Home Park is Elitch Gardens in Denver (Never go there), but I have been to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Six Flags Great Adventure, Lakeside Amusement Park, and the Kemah Boardwalk. I have been on 29 roller coasters so far. My favorite is Diamondback at Kings Island because of all the airtime.

Hey y'all!

The above statement really doesn't make sense because I live in Ohio, but same diff. Anyways, I'm Pingu1651, but you can also call me Pingu1651. I live near Cedar Point (it's ok ;D) and I used to almost be afraid of roller coasters until 3 years ago. Now I can basically do anything no hands. My favorite experience on a coaster was riding Diamondback in the rain/HAIL. Also, as an added bonus, I have Macromedia Flash 8, and I use it to animate and program vidya gaems. See ya gaiz later!

Hello, hello, hello, everyone. My name is Wumbology, but if you'd like you can call me Hale.

I'm fourteen, and I live right in southwestern Connecticut. Right at the bottom of the little thing that sticks out of Connecticut. So, that would make my home park Rye Playland, only about 10 minutes away, over the border. You know, classic little ghetto-ish park. I do love my Dragon Coaster though.

In the other direction, usually every year or two we visit Lake Compounce, which everyone loves. Boulder Dash is probably my favorite coaster, and I love me some Ghost Hunt. And if we drive a little farther up, right on the CT/MA border is Six Flags New England. Unfortunately, on my last visit, (a school trip,) Bizarro was yet to open. Superman: Ride of Steel was definitely my second favorite coaster, so I'm very, very excited to maybe get a chance to see Bizarro this summer. Some of my family's other favorite parks include Hersheypark and Busch Gardens Europe. My park total is up to 13 right now, and my coaster count is currently at 40. I'm working hard on it.

I also happen to be a huge Disney Parks fan. I've been to Walt Disney World twice, (most recently, last August,) and I love discussing the Parks and Imagineering. I subscribe to seven Disney podcasts right now. You may find me chatting on MiceChat (as wumbology,) on the Mousetalgia boards (as omnimover,) on the Doombuggies boards (as omnimover.mousetalgia,) or on the WDWRadio boards (as omnimover.)

But, you know, I've been reading TPR for the longest time, and I have videos all over my iPod, so I decided to come and join the party. Right around this time of year, when my family winds down our skiing season and the school days are accompanied with rainy, muddy days, I start feeling the off-season blues. I'm happy to have TPR here to sustain me until May!

Hello TPR! Im RollingRunner!

Long time lurker and PTR reader, I finally decided to join! To start, my home park is Six Flags Great Adventure. My favorite rollercoaster (as of now) is Storm Runner. But my secret love is for Rolling Thunder!

I have been on about 64 coasters so far, and plan to ride many more in the future! I also like to design coasters in the all-powerful NoLimits Simulator! Well, thats it about me! Hope to have a nice time on TPR!

I'm Kris, from beautiful San Jose, CA - a stone's throw from the World's Worst Wooden Coaster 15 years running (Grizzly) and a quick jump over the hills to the most beautful wooden coaster on Earth! (Giant Dipper)

So something not nerdy or geeky about me? Seriously Robb, you must be joking!

I fly in my spare time, both in aircraft and the indoor skydiving mcgillicutty.

When aviation, coasters and satellite radio aren't enough, I ride on my Piaggio. Oh, and I'm a prolific* writer too.

(*Self described)

Hi, I am Waldo Menkveld, a 23 year old Software Engineer from the Netherlands.

I've been an active themepark-addict since 2003, and follow TPR from that year on. The last year I've gotten more and more interested in joining TPR on a trip, which is why I decided to join the forum.

Other then themeparks, I'm interested in mountain climbing, snowboarding and World of Warcraft.

I hope I can join you guys in a trip soon, and otherwise talk to you all on the forum.

--Waldo "That avatar is me 100 meters away from the exploded Chernobyl Power Plant" Menkveld

Well since I didn't properly introduce myself.. here it goes.

My name is Adrian.

20, from Central California.

Haven't been into coasters too much but I can say i'm a fan!

My home park is CGA, but I rarely visit. I rather go to SFDK or SFMM instead.

My favorite coaster in California is Giant Dipper at SCBB.

I guess that's it!