TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Universal are 'delighted' that the capacity has essentially been halved (assuming it runs the same number of trains), but hopefully this fix the problem. It looks like there is bracing underneath the seats too, a bit like on B&M's Mk1 inverter trains (eg, Batman, Nemesis etc)

I kinda like this move, stick to the 2-seats trains that you know how to make. If this can make them sell more inverted rides with the new track style then it's awesome!

I also wonder when Vekoma dares to go lapbar only? The backward angle of the seats make these train seem perfect for a Mack style overhead lapbar.

Oh, Vekoma. You would think that building a 4-seater inverted coaster with LIM's would be a simple task these days, but I guess not.

Yet they're the only ones who did it.

True. And if you look this is the only (or one of the only) coaster(s) with 8 car trains sitting 32 riders with an LSM lift.

They seem to be exactly the same as the family suspended coaster trains, or at least modelled on them.

What they are is the exact same as the old trains minus the outer seats.

I think the old ones looked waaayyy better but if this solves the issue that's okay.

What they are is the exact same as the old trains minus the outer seats.

You need (new) glasses.

- seat chassis is completely new (box instead of tube)

- restraint-bars are new (different shape, different connector)

- new plastic theming above the seats

vekoma_uss.jpg.8424099d118f547a36837499408960d6.jpg

I bet Universal are 'delighted' that the capacity has essentially been halved (assuming it runs the same number of trains), but hopefully this fix the problem.

Since current capacity is zero, this will infinitely increase capacity.

I bet Universal are 'delighted' that the capacity has essentially been halved (assuming it runs the same number of trains), but hopefully this fix the problem.

Good positive spin there You should work for Vekoma's PR department

Actually, I've just remembered I seem to recall reading that it rarely got long lines anyway (TPR members might disagree? I'm not sure). The article I read suggested that the Battlestar theme was 'lost' on the locals to a certain extent (and speculated that it might actually have been getting a retheme during the closure, which obviously doesn't seem to be the case).

Let's hope they can keep this coaster running this time. It looks like a good ride.

Edited by cfc

^ Agreed. These trains look a little odd but as long as they work that's all that matters!

Hopefully there have been many lessons learnt here and there will be a future for this coaster type, I'm not holding my breath after all the publicity in the industry surrounding this though.

Hopefully there have been many lessons learnt here and there will be a future for this coaster type, I'm not holding my breath after all the publicity in the industry surrounding this though.

It was a fun ride but if a park is going to purchase a launching Vekoma, i'd love to see more more grizzly cars before I see many more Battlestars.

• 2 weeks later...

New art of the human cars and confirmed re-opening for early 2015: http://www.rwsentosablog.com/bsg-reopen-target/

We’re glad to announce that after an extensive attraction review, the Battlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon roller coaster is targeted to re-open in early 2015!

those wings next to the seats on the new 2 seater human car are a nice touch instead of leaving it bare or just box shaped.

P1110060.thumb.jpg.48d9c8eca9d73e49edbbc11fd0791859.jpg

Old train for comparison

Edited by larrygator

Good to see it'll be up and running again, and the converted trains don't look too bad either. This will definitely help to bring some energy back to that corner of the park. Not sure when, but hopefully I'll get to ride this sometime next year!