TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Been playing Mitomo since it was released. It could be really good, but I'm already sick of answering tons of questions and the selection of outfits is pretty bad.

I like it because it acts as a conversation started with people I don't chat with much otherwise (if at all).

It's not much of a "game" though.

Liking the new StarFox game so far. Controls take some getting used to, but it's generally 'more of the same' for fans of the series.

I'm not sure why you were expecting that a computer you bought when it was over 2 years old wouldn't be quickly outperformed.

Assuming you mean the American model, the only difference is power consumption. This isn't even the "slim" version like they've done with every other console they've ever produced.

The European model does have a 1TB HDD, but otherwise is identical to the American version. Both these new PS4's have the same processing power as the original. I don't expect there will be any issues as far as game performance.

^I think he means the rumored PS4.5/Neo. I just got a 4K tv so may wait to see what this rumored Neo offers before retiring my 3 (I still have a huge back-log of flash sale games to get through)

Oh yeah, I forgot around here we're way more concerned about speculating what's coming for 2017 than we are about the confirmed things that are actually coming this year.

Anyway, PS4 is now 2 1/2 years old, which is up there as far as computer lifespans go. Whatever's next likely has a release timeframe of summer 2017 Japan / fall 2017 NA, which is 4 years after PS4's release. That sounds pretty reasonable for a console lifespan.

In the meantime, enjoy the PS4!

For those of you who didn't already know, Nintendo just announced today that the NX console will be released in March of 2017 around the globe. However, Nintendo has also said they won't present anything relating to the NX hardware during this year's E3. Also, the Zelda Wii U game will also not be released until early 2017, and will also be released on the NX. Zelda U will be shown in great detail at E3, but it will be the only software that Nintendo will focus on that year. More information can be found here: www.gamespot.com/articles/legend-of-zelda-wii-unx-release-delayed-to-2017/1100-6439249/

Personally, I think this is pretty much a double edged sword. On the one hand, Nintendo has an entire year to fine-tune their next console and make it the best that it can be. On the other hand, people who own a Wii U (like myself) have been patiently awaiting Zelda U for years and here comes the news that it's getting delayed AGAIN! This is starting to become old hat for Nintendo. They can't keep on making promises if they can't deliver on them when we expect them to. Oh well, I still have Star Fox Zero and Mario Maker to keep me occupied for the next year or so. Not to mention we are still getting Pokemon Sun/Moon this holiday for the 3DS, which is nice. I always try to look on the light side of things, but now, it looks like Nintendo is admitting defeat for the Wii U and trying to shift focus on the NX. Let's hope it can meet expectations.

Oh yeah, I forgot around here we're way more concerned about speculating what's coming for 2017 than we are about the confirmed things that are actually coming this year.

Touché?

For those of you who didn't already know, Nintendo just announced today that the NX console will be released in March of 2017 around the globe. However, Nintendo has also said they won't present anything relating to the NX hardware during this year's E3. Also, the Zelda Wii U game will also not be released until early 2017, and will also be released on the NX. Zelda U will be shown in great detail at E3, but it will be the only software that Nintendo will focus on that year. More information can be found here: www.gamespot.com/articles/legend-of-zelda-wii-unx-release-delayed-to-2017/1100-6439249/

Personally, I think this is pretty much a double edged sword. On the one hand, Nintendo has an entire year to fine-tune their next console and make it the best that it can be. On the other hand, people who own a Wii U (like myself) have been patiently awaiting Zelda U for years and here comes the news that it's getting delayed AGAIN! This is starting to become old hat for Nintendo. They can't keep on making promises if they can't deliver on them when we expect them to. Oh well, I still have Star Fox Zero and Mario Maker to keep me occupied for the next year or so. Not to mention we are still getting Pokemon Sun/Moon this holiday for the 3DS, which is nice. I always try to look on the light side of things, but now, it looks like Nintendo is admitting defeat for the Wii U and trying to shift focus on the NX. Let's hope it can meet expectations.

The dilemma now is do I get the new Zelda for my Wii U or go ahead and get this new console. Decisions, decisions

I was waiting to get the Wii U until Zelda came out, but now I'll just wait for the new console! Saves me some money!

Yeah, it's near-worthless to drop on a Wii U at this point unless you're into Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Splatoon or Super Mario Maker. I picked up mine back in 2013 when Super Mario 3D World came out and it's been well worth the purchase for me, but for late adopters the games lineup has been pretty freaking mediocre, save for Super Mario Maker. StarFox Zero with its learning curve, Paper Mario Color Splash with what looks to be a repeat of Sticker Star, and what will likely end up being the inferior version of the next Legend of Zelda title. It's too bad!

EDIT: I also just remembered hearing about some rumors that Smash Bros, Splatoon and Super Mario Maker would all get ports to the next console as well, so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GTA V story mode and online. I finished story I'm currently and mode( 100%) a few years ago so I spend most of the time playing the online game. I'm currently at rank 208 out of 8000. Yeah GTA O is all about ranking up, getting money and killing the other players. The biggest problem with GTA O is its full of cheating hackers because Rockstar doesn't know how to control a online game. The best thing to do when there are hackers is to just simply ignore them and they should ignore you(or not). Yes GTA Online is considered to be a separate game than V. In fact the online game acts as a prequel to the story mode of V.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I have been playing a lot of Rainbow Six: Siege on my Xbox One. Pretty cool game, although there are a few bugs here and there. I also just bought This War of Mine off Steam last weekend as it was on sale. I've made it to day 9 so far. Pretty cool game, but I would suggest picking it up when it is on sale and not paying full price for it.

• 5 weeks later...