41 members have voted

1. 1. you hate thunder?

• yeah want stay away from me anytime!
    • nope! any kinda thunder is okay!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only afraid of big thunderstorms, or when they wake me up. If I'm awake when it starts, I don't mind it too much. I just hate waking up, wondering what happened, then *Flash* *BOOM*.

My best advice would be the following.....even though your hearing it from someone who is often afraid of thunder X-D:

Just remember, it wont hurt you.

Try to ignore it.

That's my best advice.

-Mike

One of these days I am going to get struck by lightning because I am outside as much as I can during a thunderstorm until it rains!! Watching lightning is one of my favorite hobbies!! I love the thunder. Especially close ones where it shakes everything It's just a big rush!!

I was so afraid of thunderstorms for the longest time I guess it was more of the lightning that freaked me out because I had no clue what it was and seeing it right there....followed by a loud boom....It finally took a day that I was riding my bike outside and suddenly we had this huge thunderstorm...the only thing that made us go in was the rain...that night, we just watched it and even saw a funnel cloud start to form...(rare sight for bay area)

I have yet to try to take pix of lightning but I hope to get a decent shot some day.

I love thunderstorms! I remember when I was staying in Dallas, TX for work and I was on an upper floor of a hotel with a balcony. Whenever there was a system of thunderstorms rolling in, we would call down to room service, order a pitcher of Margaritias and watch the storms roll in over the city.

very cool

I am fascinated by thunderstorms to this day. Jynx, you guys get some CRAZY thunderstorms in Savanah, n/m Texas!

When I was in training in Parris Island, SC, I saw some of the craziest thunderstorms I've ever seen through the skylights in the barracks, and that's about - what, 10 minutes from Savanah/Georgia border?

Your thunder kicks New England thunder's ass.

I hear you - during Hurricane season we get some especially crazy thunderstorms (and tornado's)! They are fun to watch (not tornadoes so much because they can come right for you.) It is also fun to watch storms coming in over the ocean.

I used to be terrified of thunder and lightning, but after moving to Florida, where storms occur daily during the summer season (we have two seasons in Florida, Tourist Season and Snowbird Season), I quite enjoy it, except when lightning strikes really close and knocks out the power