TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

best hyper in europe?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since a hypercoaster is a coaster with a height between 200-299 feet, there are only 3 hypers in Europe:

Silver Star

Pepsi Maxi Big One

Stealth

Not much choice, but I choose Silver Star because the Big One is old and apparentely without airtime and Stealt is 'just' a launched coaster

EGF is not a hyper, I believe it is about 150ft?

I think by saying hyper coaster we should not look at the height but at the type of coaster, sure EGF and Goliath aren't 200ft high but they're coasters mainly consisting out of airtime hills and turns, so basically they're hyper coasters without the height, or a "mini hyper" as some like to call it.

(Mini) Hypers in Europe: Expedition GeForce, Goliath, Pepsi Max Big One, Silver Star.

The best one would probarly be EGF, i've only ridden Goliath and it was great so EGF is probarly like heaven! Silver Star is probarly second or third best, and PMBO gets last place.

Best hypercoaster ever build:

1. EXPEDITION GEFORCE:amazing first drop, everywhere airtime

after that coaster my ranks of hypers I did is:

2. Goliath:

especially in the front row there's amazing airtime on the camelback and the bunny hups

3. Silver Star

I also like silver star, it haven't so much airtime like the other two, it's more like floater time. But still a funny hyper to do especially when your on the front seat at 9.houre in the morning and there's everywhere fog

If I ever went to Europe, I would seek out the hypers of Europe/UK in this order:

1. Expedition Ge Force

2. Goliath

3. Silver Star

4. Pepsi Max Big One

If they built an Expedition Ge Force quality hyper in Australia I'd never leave the country, in fact, I'd probably move to where ever it is, if it's not Sydney.

EGF is not only the best hyper in Europe, but the single greatest coaster experience ever. After that, I'd go with Goliath, Silver Star, and PMBO, though the last one ranks far, far below the other three.

dt

By definition a hyper is as a coaster that is either over 200 feet tall or has a drop of 200, try as you like EGF is not a hyper and shouldn't be in this contest, if we where counting costers that are nearly hypers then why isn't

colossus in the line up.

^

Yeah, let's say for ease sake...

Hypers in Europe:

Expedition Ge Force

Goliath

Silver Star

PMBO

Hmm, that's pretty much my order of how I like them too!

Owen try reading all of the posts before answering. Elissa was trying to make this a more valid question since Europe has almost no hypers and PMBO sucks no matter the height.

Hey Owen,

Your definition also doesn't work as that would mean that Alpengeist is a Hyper, SoB is a hyper, TTD is a hyper, etc.

Intamin classifies EGF the same as it classifies it's other 'hyper' coasters, so we're going with that...thanks!

LOL...um, well, I used to *LOVE* Raging Bull until SFGAm killed it with like 78 trims! Never really cared for Apollo or SFoG's Goliath...Nitro is cool, Silver Star seems to have actually improved over the years so...B&M Hypers are okay, but to me it's all about the Intamin's! (Except for Thunder Dolphin!)

And technically, Arrow/CP coined the term hypercoaster. Therefore, the only hypers would be Arrow manufactured, as Intamin and B&M call theirs Mega coasters, meaning this entire thread is pointless, as PMBO is the ONLY hyper coaster in all of Europe.

Classifying nonlooping steel coasters with many hills though as hypers, I would rank them the same as Elissa and many others, Expedition GeForce being way above every other one, Pepsi Max sleeping on the bottom bunk all the time, with Goliath really good and Silver Star just meh, but still more worthwhile than PM.

By definition a hyper is as a coaster that is either over 200 feet tall or has a drop of 200, try as you like EGF is not a hyper and shouldn't be in this contest, if we where counting costers that are nearly hypers then why isn't colossus in the line up.

Where is this official definition being quoted from? I've never seen it!

Whatever. Elissa's list is correct. I doubt many people would argue with it, and if they did, I can choose to ignore them!

--Robb "Try as your like...LMAO! You're funny dude!" Alvey

LOL...um, well, I used to *LOVE* Raging Bull until SFGAm killed it with like 78 trims! Never really cared for Apollo or SFoG's Goliath...Nitro is cool, Silver Star seems to have actually improved over the years so...B&M Hypers are okay, but to me it's all about the Intamin's! (Except for Thunder Dolphin!)

Apollo = my current #1

Goliath = #2

Perhaps a gift certificate to McDonald's will change your mind...

Or maybe mine will since you've got 600+ credits to my 38.