TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This thread is quickly becoming idiotic. I hope CP hurries up the announcement and disappoints people. When is it? Have they given a date, or are they just saying they'll drop hints all week?

Idiotic how? Given the fact that CP just seems to be playing mind games with their so called "clues", there are a lot of different possibilities for what this is going to be. What's wrong with speculating and guessing what it could be?

Meh, I'm still going with my gut with the Splash Battle, however, I could see a giant Intamin flume to rival the one at Holiday World.

I've been sucked in to this thread and I just can't get out.

Jay "Just like Scott, I don't really care what goes in..... unfortunately I'm trapped in the Twilight Zone of posting" Willis

Idiotic how? Given the fact that CP just seems to be playing mind games with their so called "clues", there are a lot of different possibilities for what this is going to be. What's wrong with speculating and guessing what it could be?

Mostly in the way that people keep saying they bet it's a GCI or Gravity Group or any number of things the park has said it's not getting.

Maybe they meant drenched? I've ridden a number of log rides that only give you a slight spray and don't really get you all that wet.

You're giving Cedar Point too much credit.

^ Meh, it happens in almost every park discussion or new ride discussion thread, though. This one isn't any special or different. People don't read anything and just post away, thinking they're the first ones to post such information, meanwhile it's been posted already like 15 pages ago.

^ (Regarding my quote) Cedar Point has been vague in the past, so who knows...just throwing it out there as food for thought.

Mostly in the way that people keep saying they bet it's a GCI or Gravity Group or any number of things the park has said it's not getting.

Maybe they meant drenched? I've ridden a number of log rides that only give you a slight spray and don't really get you all that wet.

You're giving Cedar Point too much credit.

Dude really?

You're knocking everyone else's ideas but have yet to offer anything up of your own.

Not sure how true or valid- but the following is from Wikipedia:

Opening spring 2010, Whyte Lightning is a coaster/flume-hybrid reversing boat ride at Cedar Point Amusement Park and Resort in Sandusky, Ohio.

Merging the experience in Flumes and Spillwaters with the experience in Roller Coaster technology, Whyte Lightning combines the best of both rides. The Reversing Boat Ride is a new concept incorporating the airtime thrill of a coaster with those of a water ride. Using a new design of boat seating 8 passengers that can go either forwards or backwards, the ride is designed to give guests the familiar and exciting sensation of a typical wooden roller coaster as the vehicles go over the ups and downs in the hills and valleys before a flume-type splashdown.

The ride's tagline "Lightning Strikes TwYce" represents the ride's final drop, which is preceeded by a turntable that sends the boats down one of two hills, either forward or backward. The top of the hill splits off into a Y shape.

The ride's entrance is located along Cedar Point's Frontier Trail, with the majority of the ride track housed on Milennium Island.

When finished, Whyte Lightning will be the first reversing boat ride in the world, making it the world's tallest, fastest and steepest.

The addition of Whyte Lightning will boost Cedar Point's number of roller coasters to 18, the most in the world.

Physical Dimensions

Angle of lift hill: 30 degrees

Angle of first drop: 65 degrees

First hill height: 120 ft

Flume drop height: 85 ft

Angle of flume: 62 degrees

(I myself was trying to see if there was a link for the new ride to NASCAR since Jeff Gordon had just paid a visit to CP. . . but I found this (above) instead. I kinda thought it might be a dueling spinning coaster- we shall see.

^Thats a lot to know.

FeeltheForce-To my understanding, and I could be wrong, I do not know of any new drop towers being built. I was thinkin' though, and posted this in the random thread, but what if they replaced the cables that are all too finicky, and replaced them with LSM's? How awesome would that be?

Well I'm a CP "fanboy" I guess and I've been thinking all along that it's a water ride, based on an inside rumor I heard a while ago, so a few people's constant call-outs about how they want the announcement to be a non-coaster to spite us is getting kind of old. Maybe said people should find a hobby and get a life.

^Thats a lot to know.

FeeltheForce-To my understanding, and I could be wrong, I do not know of any new drop towers being built. I was thinkin' though, and posted this in the random thread, but what if they replaced the cables that are all too finicky, and replaced them with LSM's? How awesome would that be?

After further research, it was definitely 100% false. The wikidpedia page, that is.