TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hmmm..."2 down, One to Go".......obviously this is referring to the other two Cedar Fair Coasters that have been announced, and Cedar Point's being the next one. Also by grouping three things together (..."2 down, One to Go"...) it could reflect similarity between the three things. Seeing that the other two coasters are the same theme (Dale Earnhardt) and same name ('Intimidator' ).....one would think that Cedar Points coaster would also be themed the same..... And also there's the whyte lightning connection, which was the speculated name of Carowinds Coaster....another connection to the other 2 coasters.....

Also the three X's on the whiskey bottle seem to also support the idea of three similar things. I also read that Dale Earnhardt Inc. had signed on to the investment at Carowinds and kings Dominion... and if they signed on with those Cedar Fair parks....I would think they would sign on with cedar Point also.

Just another observation...Crystal Rock is a campground in sandusky. probably meaningless though...

I hope it's not a Dale Earnhardt themed ride.... thats just lame IMO.

Also the three X's on the whiskey bottle seem to also support the idea of three similar things.

Have you never seen old cartoons, like Looney Tunes and such...even western movies? The "XXX" on bottles is related to the alcohol content, and I doubt it's a clue.

Has anyone thought about an Itamin pre-fab woodie ala El Toro?

Cedar Fair has yet to purchase one of these babies as they've been in bed with GCII for the past couple of years.

I'd guess the Point would take a run at steepest drop for a woodie...they have enough problems on their hands with Son of Beast at KI I doubt they would dare not attempt to break the height record. Unless of course SOB is coming down and they can build something not quite as tall but beat the 2nd height (whatever it is? Mean Streak?) .

Cedar Fair has yet to purchase one of these babies as they've been in bed with GCII for the past couple of years.

I'd guess the Point would take a run at steepest drop for a woodie...they have enough problems on their hands with Son of Beast at KI I doubt they would dare not attempt to break the height record. Unless of course SOB is coming down and they can build something not quite as tall but beat the 2nd height (whatever it is? Mean Streak?) .

You could even theme the coaster to Earnhardt as well...

Wouldn't some form of construction needed to have started a good 2-3 months ago for a woodie of that proportion though?

It's called pre-fab for a reason.

No one really knows what's going on. It's an educated guess at best. They haven't added a coaster since Maverick and that was what 2006. 2007?

I'm not a CP fanboy at all.

I just think they're due for a new coaster and CP seems to have been building quite a bit of Intamin for a while now (Maverick, Wicked Twister, MF).

El Toro is arguably one of the best coasters on the planet and I bet CP would love to have something a little bit better in their arsenal.

It's called pre-fab for a reason.

No one really knows what's going on. It's an educated guess at best. They haven't added a coaster since Maverick and that was what 2006. 2007?

I'm not a CP fanboy at all.

I just think they're due for a new coaster and CP seems to have been building quite a bit of Intamin for a while now (Maverick, Wicked Twister, MF).

El Toro is arguably one of the best coasters on the planet and I bet CP would love to have something a little bit better in their arsenal.

Well we all know the biggest thing CP is missing in the coaster department is a world class woodie. So I would be ecstatic if something like a new and improved El Toro is what's coming. Not gonna get my hopes up though. And yes, CP has been on an Intamin streak since Millennium. Their last non-Intamin coaster was Woodstock Express in '99.

Notice the dates of these pictures:

Renegade, taken on 11/23/2006:

Prowler, taken on 11/13/2008:

El Toro, taken on 10/29/2005:

My point being, these construction jobs started after or very close to the end of the season. Just because there aren't any footers yet or anything, doesn't really mean anything.

Pictures from RCDB.

Honestly, if this is an Intamin pre-fab, I would rather go to CP than SFGADV. For a trip next year, I was considering going to SFGADV with my dad. It was either that or CP. I thought, "Well, Six Flags has Kingda Ka, El Toro, and Nitro. CP has, well, Top Thrill." If they got an intamin pre-fab, it would totally make me want to go there instead of New Jersey.

I guess there are a few things that match up with a woodie when you think about it. The hillbilly theme for example would definitely work for a woodie. And maybe that's why the comic mentioned fire in the woods too, as a subtle reference that wood will be involved.

I would hope they don't paint a big wood coaster white, I don't know why I have such issues with it but it just seems to chip and look bad literally the second the paint brush is lifted. And then as well, I don't know how I feel about themeing or making significant reference to alcohol when it is a more kid themed coaster. Not saying GCI's are lame, cause they're not, but think about the height limits...and termy! Either way a new coaster would be sweet and I am definitely not opposed, though I wouldn't be depressed if nothing happened this year.

I would hope they don't paint a big wood coaster white, I don't know why I have such issues with it but it just seems to chip and look bad literally the second the paint brush is lifted. And then as well, I don't know how I feel about themeing or making significant reference to alcohol when it is a more kid themed coaster. Not saying GCI's are lame, cause they're not, but think about the height limits...and termy! Either way a new coaster would be sweet and I am definitely not opposed, though I wouldn't be depressed if nothing happened this year.

If it is a coaster, they'll paint the track red and the support structure yellow.

LOL

You never know when it comes to theming. I mean look at Terminator Salvation. Granted it's SF and not CF but who thinks of wood when they hear Terminator? I think steel.

^ Interesting observation, I wonder if that ties into this or is another clue.

And if someone is going to question the spelling of themeing then why not 'Termy?' What's a 'Termy?' Is it a toy, baby, what? Yes I know it's short for 'Terminator' but it sounds really lame, sorry just my opinion. 'Terminator' makes it sound big, scary, and strong. 'Termy' sounds small, frail, and weak. I don't know, it's just strange it's like calling it that means it's actually yours.

Ok let the bashing begin.