TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I do agree that MF is a good coaster but definitely not great. For me the best part of MF is the hill just after the 2nd tunnel. I love flying by the station.

Edited by DJeXeL

GateKeeper's twist and drop is one of my favorite coaster elements. Just dangling and slowing turning at that height is really fun.

That and the keyhole element are the best parts of that ride. The rest of it, well . . .

So here's a question. What is the angle of Gatekeeper's drop? How do you record the angle of that descent? Or do you? Cause at one point, it is 90 degrees.

In my view, pull-outs/transitions from inversions can't be recorded for an angle. It doesn't really make a difference to me, unlike the drop angle on "traditional" coasters with a straight drop. I've heard Roar at SFA technically has a 90 degree drop, but I'm not sure.

GateKeeper's twist and drop is one of my favorite coaster elements. Just dangling and slowing turning at that height is really fun.

That and the keyhole element are the best parts of that ride. The rest of it, well . . .

Haha. That's true, but it was built for the entire family to enjoy, which it does well. It's not very forceful, but it's re-rideable and not painful, like another B&M nearby to remain anonymous

I loved GateKeeper, thought it was the smoothest coaster I've ridden (besides Yolo @ MM) and I really felt a flying sensation while riding. I think these wing coasters are the true "floorless" coasters and had this concept came out in the late 90's-early 00's perhaps people would've appreciated them more.

Saw that yesterday and it's definitely a black eye for the park.

Can the park control what their employees do with their personal time? Absolutely not.

Can guests start to wonder about the integrity of employees the park hires? Absolutely!

Saw that yesterday and it's definitely a black eye for the park.

Can the park control what their employees do with their personal time? Absolutely not.

Then again, what does it say when it happened on park property?

Anyone who's been in those dorm spaces and in that rec center will tell you - it isn't the most pleasant place in the world. That this sort of thing happened is not the least bit shocking. It's a wonder it doesn't happen yearly.

Anyone who's been in those dorm spaces and in that rec center will tell you - it isn't the most pleasant place in the world. That this sort of thing happened is not the least bit shocking. It's a wonder it doesn't happen yearly.
Very true. Those dorms are a very sketchy place. I too am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Sorry to get off topic but I finally made it to CP for four days (two of which the park was closed because of the water main break) last weekend. I loved it. Corkscrew was terrible. Raptor was possibly the worst B&M invert I've ever been on. Also Maverick hurt my neck on the sharp turns. But at least it was fun. Iron Dragon was enjoyable. I loved Gatekeeper. It was just a very pleasant joyride. Mean Streak was ok. Not too rough. Blue Streak was so much more intense than I had thought. The airtime is awesome on it. Millennium Force is really overrated in my opinion. I loved it but it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Wicked Twister was fun. Gemini was better than I expected. It got rough at points but it was mostly a smooth ride. Magnum was the best I thought. The drop took long, there was a lot of airtime near the end and it was super smooth for an Arrow. TTD was closed until the minute I had to leave to catch my flight. My luck. Overall I loved the trip. The lines were mostly short and it was very clean. I can't wait to go again.

Raptor was possibly the worst B&M invert I've ever been on.

I'm surprised. What makes you say that? Did you have rough rides?

Does it have a rough train? It was rough and I had whiplash even though I was in the front. The turn into the final brake run really hurt and so did the cobra roll. I felt like I was more in pain than actually enjoying the ride. Is it just me?