TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 Trips Update!

Spain Is FULL!

If we get anymore deposits in that were postmarked by 9/28 there will need to be a lottery, if not, you're all in! We will email everyone Thursday to let you know! Uber Secret Spain Trip Board will open on Saturday.

Midwest HAS OPENINGS!

We had so much interest in the Midwest trip that we have decided to do two buses! I can only assure you that this is a GOOD thing! A lot of the US parks are much happier to give us stuff when we have 100 participants rather than 50, and with multiple trains on most coasters you should still never have to wait at ERT. You can ask our UK Trip Peeps...with 53 of us, sometimes the coasters were going half empty! We have 14 spots open for this great trip (with some ERT already confirmed!) so get your deposits in today! Uber Secret Midwest Trip Board will open on Saturday.

Japan Will Have A Lottery!

Keep in mind you still have until October 12th to have a chance at this once in a lifetime TPR Adventure Tour! Yes there will be a lottery, but you'll have just as good of a chance as the others! This will be the smallest of our group trips at right around 30 participants, but it's sure to be amazing!

*A NOTE ABOUT WAITLISTS!*

Please do not get discouraged if you do not make it into one of the trips on a lottery, or if you can't signup just yet, but think you may want to sign up at a later date. We have already had one drop for Spain and two drops for Japan! For the UK trip we had FOURTEEN Drops between October and May...that means FOURTEEN people made it into the trip either from the waitlist or signing up in the Spring!

Please keep those questions and deposits coming!

I'm actually excited about the lottery, if I get in it will feel like a prize ^^ hehe.

When will we get the results of that lottery (Japan)? If it's already written somewhere, I'll look for it myself (it's to early in the morning for me now and I have to go to work so I thought I'd ask).

Actually, when is the deadline for the 2007 midwest?

There really isn't a "deadline" anymore. Now, if you are interested in the midwest trip, send in the deposit and if there is a spot open, you're in!

It's probably best to email us first though, just in case.

The reason for having the initial deposit deadline was so we can get a good idea of how many people are seriously interested in the trip, and so we can guauge the amount of people we end up with, so if we needed to make a major change, like adding a second bus, we can.

--Robb

Well, I sent my deposit for the Midwest Trip today.

Even though I technically live in the Midwest, (MN), I rarely get a chance to get to these parks as I don't have another coaster enthusiast in my group of friends. So I thought this would be a good chance to meet people and get to some of the parks. So I'll see the other 99 of you there!

-Snork

p.s. If there are any Minnesotans (twin cities area) wanting to take a couple day trips to hit parks in IA and MO (At least Worlds of Fun) next year, let me know.

2007 Trips Update!

Spain Is FULL!

If we get anymore deposits in that were postmarked by 9/28 there will need to be a lottery, if not, you're all in! We will email everyone Thursday to let you know! Uber Secret Spain Trip Board will open on Saturday.

...Hopefully no more come in

My bad! Japan Lottery will be a few days after the Oct. 12th deadline.

Thanks!

About the lottery, for instance with Japan:

There are 30 spots, number 31 in the lottery, is that the first person to get called upon when someone from those 30 people opt out? (I was just wondering if everyone would get a number, also the ones who don't make the first 30)

Seemed like the most logical way to me, and since a lottery question was posted I thought more people would wonder about this.

Wow...86 people signed up for the Midwest trip?

I think we'll be able to overwhelm any McDonald's we come into contact with!

Matt

Elissa is on her own. It's time to hit up as many Culver's and White Castles as possible on this trip!

Wow...86 people signed up for the Midwest trip?

I think we'll be able to overwhelm any McDonald's we come into contact with!

Matt

Elissa is on her own. It's time to hit up as many Culver's and White Castles as possible on this trip!

"Culver's", eh? They just opened one of those (the first one I've seen) in my neck of the woods. I don't care for them, personally.

I'll give White Castle a try but if they're anything like Krystal I expect to be underwhelmed.

Texans don't do tiny burgers.

Matt

I think in regards to food, we'll use those rest areas that have 3 food choices inside, or we'll pull off at an exit that has like 5 all within walking distance and have a time that everyone will have to be back on the buses.

I only feel sorry for the White Castle near SFGAm, as I have a feeling we'll be going through several of the 100 crave cases one night!

^^ You will submit to the tastiness that is the butter burger!

They weren't bad...just not anything special.

Try a Texas Burger the next time you end up somewhere between Houston and Dallas (and any other hick-town traffic stop that has one).

Matt

^I was thinking the same thing....poor White Castle...or any fast food venue we may invade en mass.

I think you mean poor fellow trippers.

Just ask anyone who was in the van with me last year when I pollished off 10 white castle burgers in one sitting. We got to the Wisconsin Dells and I almost killed 3 people before they could get out of the van.

Oh I also had a medium soda, which ended up being about the size of my forearm.