TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

The chairlift is probably the most unique thing in the park. It's pretty amazing, Knoebels is the only park I know of with anything similar but this one is at least twice the size of theirs. The highest point you can see from the ground isn't even the half way point of the ride.

SOLD. I'm in! I love the one at Knoebels, so this sounds like an absolute can't-miss for me. Thanks for the tips!

It's very hard to oversell this ride. The views are like looking out the window of a 747.

The views on the chairlift were outrageous, but I admit that this ride scared the hell out of me knowing that I could slide under (or over) the restraining bar easily enough and fall to a painful death on jagged rocks below.

1460174957_Virginia_Adventure_2010463.jpg.d28bdca13ef51e5dafc1d8b5da08a217.jpg

Yep, it's high....

2111618422_Virginia_Adventure_2010474.jpg.0e7f5d803ef8b3509e694302e5e213c9.jpg

...and steep as hell!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update on Phobia! This thing looks crazy awesome in person. Can't wait to ride!

Also I think the park has more planned for the future. I have been hearing some interesting rumors about where they might expand next. But an employee said that Phobia is step one of many things to come!

Thanks for sharing the photos. I almost forgot about this coaster. The colors are great, and it's a perfect addition to the park!

There is a chance I will be taking a small northeast Six Flags trip (SFA, SFGAdv, & SFNE) this summer. We may have to consider looking at Lake Compounce too, as if Boulder Dash wasn't already a reason in itself.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Phobia looks awesome, and seems to fit well into this park. And like everyone else I love that miniature track for the sign!

I also love this shot of Boulder Dash, not something you see often as much of the first drop is usually obscured by the trees.

Another interesting thing, was LC also said Phobia had the longest queue length in the park. Adding onto this there are several buildings giving the idea that it's mostly indoors... Which I think would be a potential 'scare maze'. Maybe not jumpscares, but general atmosphere and what not which is really cool. - Mrcrolly, NoLimits Forum

Really cool if this is true!

Hmm, I wasn't expecting it to be symmetrical. I like it though. It looks like a lurking horned creature ready to strike, but in abstract coaster track form. Surreal, dreamlike.

Between this and the positively bizarre scenery around Downtime, I'd say whoever works in the art department at LC has a preference for the fine arts.

• 2 weeks later...