TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New TPR Video! Liseberg, Balder, and Kanonen!!!

Ok, ok, so we know it's not from one of the "UK Parks" but it was from the add-on trip, and probably our BEST DAY of the trip!

Seriously, the park treated us AWESOME!!! And I'm sure those that were there will agree that this was a coaster enthusaist day that will go down in their own personal history!

Anyway, the video is currently for "Forum Members Only" and can be found by clicking here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27145

If you're not a forum member, why not register? You're already reading this anyway!!!

We will warn you, though....by watching this video you're going to want to go on all future TPR trips!

Photos from our Liseberg visit will be posted tomorrow along with this video to the public, but we wanted to give all you awesome forum members a "sneak peak" at it.

We hope you enjoy the video and look forward to your comments.

--Robb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nahh,

We really didn't have that much fun. I mean, what. We got to ride Balder SO much, we were like sick of it. Dare I say even hated it. The lines were way to long the first three hours of our operation. Free beer? Pfft, like we drink alcohol at 10 am. The rest of the park was a dive. They made us carry backpacks all day long. They even stuck hammers in some of them! Hello, can you say heavy? Do yourselves a favor and don't go on any TPR trips. Save your money. Spend it on deoderant instead.

Everything about that day was awesome.

From the beer and hammers in the begining to the 7-11 hot dogs at the end and even Chris getting yelled at for crossing the street...that was one of the best park days I've had. Thanks for the hook-ups you guys!

^^...it's Joey's own fault! Never put work before awesome wood!

-Don

Hey I'm downloading now.

And yes I want to go on future TPR tours.

And Robb, BTW, how much do you think the next tour will be? I need to start saving now, seriously. I really want to go.

Unless you do an east coast trip, then I'll just have to pay for gas.

Hey, the way I look at it is that I didn't have to pay a couple grand to get my name on Balder.

Just too bad the ERT didn't come with that. F*ckers. I hate you. Seriously. Die. A real horrible death.

Great video.

Does Kanonen really go over the tophat that slowly? Looks like it's about to roll back.

Perfect song choice, btw.

-ACE

Yes and no. I really think it depended on a number of factors that morning as it did roll back with TPR members several times! But other times it would fly over the top. I think I took about 6 rides on it during ERT, only one was really *close* to a roll back and the rest of them took the top hat at a fairly decent speed.

--Robb

^ Just start saving now. (Why to you have to know how much right now? Are you going to pull a bank heist?)

Anyway, Robb said he'd release more info in August.

Well, no, but, $7.00 an hour and working 9 hour shifts 5 days a week. Plus Taxes taken out... = not a lot of money in a small amount of time.

With taxes, I've roughly calculated 2300 bucks in 3 months of work.

behind that I have to eat at subway every day which is about 4 dollars so yeah, you do the math.

I love the video, it makes me feel fortunate that I live so close to Liseberg (15 min).

Now for a little pronounciation lesson.

The e in Liseberg is not silent. The lise part is pronounced similar to the english word listen, without the n-sound at the end. Liss-eh-berg.

Balder is prounounced with a short a, like the a-sound i baloon.

Great video.

Does Kanonen really go over the tophat that slowly? Looks like it's about to roll back.

Perfect song choice, btw.

-ACE

Yes and no. I really think it depended on a number of factors that morning as it did roll back with TPR members several times! But other times it would fly over the top. I think I took about 6 rides on it during ERT, only one was really *close* to a roll back and the rest of them took the top hat at a fairly decent speed.

--Robb

Kanonen does seem to have a bit of an uneven launch. When rode it a couple of days ago it would sometimes go real slow, other times faster. I've not been on any other rocket (yet) so maybe they all do this? I've never seen it rollback though.

I love the video, it makes me feel fortunate that I live so close to Liseberg (15 min).

Now for a little pronounciation lesson.

The e in Liseberg is not silent. The lise part is pronounced similar to the english word listen, without the n-sound at the end. Liss-eh-berg.

Balder is prounounced with a short a, like the a-sound i baloon.

Um...you know Swedish isn't our first language. Just be happy that we visit there often and LOVE the park.

--Robb "We try our best....but if that's not good enough, we could easily stop visiting..." Alvey

Awesome video. That was one of the best days I've ever had at any park. Balder is easily the #1 wood coaster on the planet.

And I still say, like we all discussed that day, that any TPR trip in the future MUST have a Liseberg add-on day, no matter where the trip is ("We're going to Japan...And then we're going to ride Balder!"). I'm going to try and get back to Liseberg again next year...

dt

--Robb

One of the rides I had we went too fast. We had to wait on the break run while they reset the ride.