TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

More photos of the Krake Dive Coaster (opening april 16th)

Yesterday was PreOpening Day and Colossos 10th birthday,

so I went to Heide Park to take some photos of Krake one week before it will open.

IMG_1159.thumb.JPG.73280bb3e181abbcf85514bbb5d3883b.JPG

First Drop

IMG_1162.thumb.JPG.79957162067a377de0f135b7a5387bd5.JPG

Airtime!

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.141ae4e46e59cf8374d37b597eb60648.JPG

Immelmann and splashzone, without splash

IMG_1177.thumb.JPG.2204cc9572ca061f4ab369c61e0d274f.JPG

Nice!

IMG_1191.thumb.JPG.6860fb9c3cc6f8ccb7ce387a23224765.JPG

Immelmann

IMG_1205.thumb.JPG.236c34c5b696ba46137fbf43d6bdece0.JPG

Dive baby, dive

IMG_1215.thumb.JPG.f5fdf84104897fbd6d393d5cc35f9974.JPG

Krake

This is looking really good, that advert works so well! I hope the teeth and shipwreck around the drop live up to the advert when its complete.

I have to say, with this and Raptor being built to some amazing quality this year it gives me so much hope for LC12 at Thorpe... but, it is Thorpe.

Yet more brilliant theming from Merlin! Hopefully a sign of things to come for the UK .

Krake looks epic win!

Merlin really seem to like disturbing adverts, I mean look at Th13teen's advert .

I have to say, with this and Raptor being built to some amazing quality this year it gives me so much hope for LC12 at Thorpe... but, it is Thorpe.

It was mentioned in the LC12 plans that theming is essential for the ride experience...so thorpe actually want to have a very well themed experience! Which is a first .

Anyway Krake, Raptor and LC12 all look to be great coasters, I'm just hoping LC12 lives up to the hype and Krake to be brilliant regardless of it's length...but Oblivion at Alton Towers has a very short length and is one of the top rides in the UK so I have hope that Krake will be awesome regardless of it's length.

Edited by Rollercoaster5000

On June 18 there will be an event, where invited guests can join a backstage tour of Krake. And ERT.

I'm 90 % sure that I'm gonna be there, and have my camera with me. Hope to get some awesome photo ops, and some nice photos off course.

This coaster is looking great it will be my second B&M

On June 18 there will be an event, where invited guests can join a backstage tour of Krake. And ERT.

I'm 90 % sure that I'm gonna be there, and have my camera with me. Hope to get some awesome photo ops, and some nice photos off course.

This coaster is looking great it will be my second B&M

Good for you man!

HeidePark did something that no one expected.... everybody is waiting how the Kraken and the drop through his mouth will look alike and what is happening, they didn`t built it. They just put the mouth into the water and open it tomorrow! WTF HeidePark!!??? It`s a big let down for german coaster fans and it`s hard to believe that they will change this anytime. Here a picture from their FB-PAge:

So now it is just a little kiddy-diver with very little theming elements...

HeidePark did something that no one expected.... everybody is waiting how the Kraken and the drop through his mouth will look alike and what is happening, they didn`t built it. They just put the mouth into the water and open it tomorrow! WTF HeidePark!!??? It`s a big let down for german coaster fans and it`s hard to believe that they will change this anytime. Here a picture from their FB-PAge:

So now it is just a little kiddy-diver with very little theming elements...

Shame on you Heide....this is very Lame and unexpected! So now it looks like your completely missing the Kraken thus removing your complete Ad campaign of being eaten up by the Kraken and spat out?!

Ooooohh yeah baby!! Amazing airtime on that firstdrop! look at the restraints when it drops!

The airtime on Griffon's first drop is downright killer (stronger than anything on apollo even, IMO), so if it is anything like that, I'm sure people will be happy with that portion of the ride at least.