TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Now here is something you don't see everyday...

Six Flags Magic Mountain with a beautiful snow capped mountain range as the backdrop!

Click on the image to get the larger size...

sfmm_snow1.thumb.jpg.ec9ecb7e4d0817d19742deebe5d1f211.jpg

sfmm_snow2.thumb.jpg.0be9618a0976b611472d10f9726db0b2.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

^^Nice pics, Robb!

When was the last time you saw those mountains snow capped like that?

I know you were asking Robb ... but ...

THAT amount of snow, and the fact that it's actually stuck around for awhile, it's gotta be at least 20 years I'd say. I think I may have been in HS the last time it happened, and I graduated in 1993.

You will generally get lower elevation snow in the mountains above Santa Clarita, the Grapevine closes a half-dozen times per year, maybe up to Canyon Country and obviously up through Acton, Palmdale, etc ... but to get it in Valencia like THAT is rare.

When was the last time you saw those mountains snow capped like that?

I honestly can't remember! Here is how rare of a sight it is...it's already gone!

There is a bit of snow on the VERY TOP of the mountains, but anything lower is pretty much gone. I think I've seen those tops capped once or twice, but seeing it on the lower mountains is very, very rare.

Like I said, on my drive home from lunch I just took, almost all the snow is gone.

-=-Robb

^^ Yeah, but at least that's a bit more common in Nevada, heck, even I've ridden Desperado in the snow! I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw that much "white stuff" above the mountains over looking the park.

Now here is something you don't see everyday...

Six Flags Magic Mountain with a beautiful snow capped mountain range as the backdrop!

Click on the image to get the larger size...

Wow, it looks like SFMM has moved itself to Switzerland or something. It looks so surreal, it might as well be a photoshop creation.

After talking with some family I have living in the area, this was the largest snow storm they have seen since at least the late 80's. They mentioned that this might have even been the biggest going back to the early 70's. In all the years that I lived in the area (about 20) I can remember snow flurries happening once or twice (though as you move towards Acton and Palmdale it becomes more common) in all those years. So the take away is that this is indeed some very rare weather for the area.