TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was also at the park today from about 2-6. It almost seemed like the park wasn't expecting such large crowds in their staffing or preparation for the day to me. As this was nothing like the 2 past Thanksgiving days I've spent there I wouldn't have been staffed for Spring Break level crowds either. Also on top of what Coasternut has said, Goldrusher and Ninja were only running one train each and both had full lines through all the switch backs, which I had never seen before. I'm crossing my fingers when I head back up on Sunday things might be a little more normal at the park. This is great for the park that had such a busy day with major attractions down, and I must say the Superman tower is looking fantastic in its new colours!

Today at "the Mountain" was a little better than my "whine list" from yesterday. Still very busy, and I was there from open to close. Major complaint today: one of my favs - Terminator was running 1 train (passengers riding) for about 7 cycles. Someone puked in the other and they were unprepared to take care of it. I was trapped in one of the "presentation rooms" and should've left. I wasted too much time there.

Oh yea, one other thing. The Superman tower really looks great at night (lighted) especially from Goliath. If nothing else this is turning out to be a beautiful ride.

^ I was out there for awhile today myself, and the crowds weren't too bad. From the Sky Tower, I saw that Terminator had a long line, so I never even went near it. I did ride Riddler's Revenge (single-rider line), X2, and Revolution. Revolution was a walk-on, and X2's line was about 30 minutes when I was in it. Over near Katy's Kettle, I ran into Neal Thurman and chatted with him for awhile.

All in all, I pretty much got a lap around the park and a few rides in. And that's pretty much all I wanted.

Eric

Terminator was running 1 train (passengers riding) for about 7 cycles. Someone puked in the other and they were unprepared to take care of it.

Yeah.. I've seen that same situation on Riddler.. They hosed off the train and cycled it through about three times.

It is annoying, but I've been pretty lucky.. it's about the only time (out of 20 or so visits) where I've experienced another person's uneasy stomach..

I know you guys hate this question, but I want to go to the Mountain for the first time in several years next weekend and I'm wondering what day is the best to go. I haven't been to the park since before the X ->X2 transformation, but I don't really need a ride on X since I've ridden it several times before. Also, whats the best order to hit the rides so that I can get as many in as possible? (need to ride Terminator for sure)

Thanks guys/gals!

^There's more than 5 girls on here, and more than 5 of them are pretty good looking

I know you guys hate this question, but I want to go to the Mountain for the first time in several years next weekend and I'm wondering what day is the best to go. I haven't been to the park since before the X ->X2 transformation, but I don't really need a ride on X since I've ridden it several times before. Also, whats the best order to hit the rides so that I can get as many in as possible? (need to ride Terminator for sure)

Thanks guys/gals!

From my (guy) experience I have had great luck with rather small crowds on Sundays. I show up about 2pm, but if you want to show up early and want to skip X I'd start towards Viper and get a quick ride on that. Follow the path up past Revy (had a great ride last time I rode when it was freezing) to Tatsu and see how that line is. Deja Vu is closed, but Terminators line has been 2-3 train waits on Sunday for me. Riddler has a single rider line, but with 1 train can still be walk on or 10 minutes. Batman, Colossus and Scream, then see how the line for Goliath is.

If your up for going to Ninja take the stair path right after you check out Tatsu. Come back the same way you came if you want to hit up Terminator (If you haven't been on it and you want a good wood ride I'd suggest hitting it up). If you go down the steep hill from Ninja you'll have to back track to get on Termie.

No need for Flashpass. Good luck!

Sundays are indeed the days to go to SFMM, pretty much throughout the year. Perhaps the only exceptions are on three-day holiday weekends, because then, the Sunday is like Saturday in that no one has to get up the next day and go to work.

Eric

Went to Magic Mt. today, and had a great time! The weather wasn't too cold, and the sun stayed out for most of the day! As it's been said, Riddler was running 1 train, as was Ninja. Never got to X2, but the longest line I stood in was 20-25 mins. for Goliath. Ninja is great at night, especially because of the limited amount of lights. Most of the main tower for Superman is done, and the right track's straightaway/launch is pretty much finished (aside from the yet-to-be started yellow rails). One of my favorite days I've spent there.

My last day at "the Mountain" before I take the red-eye home tonight. It's going to be quite nippy , so I hope that keeps the crowds down. The wind is forecast to be up, so I'm expecting ride closures.

Saturday was a better day for me. Lot's of reps on Goliath at opening and things were moving most of the day. Also the nice warm sun was a pleasant visitor.

I drove by the Mountain yesterday and I have to say, Superman is much more striking from a distance than it was before. The gray steel was a bit bland, and blended in, now it stands out.

I'm surprised they waited this long to make such a big change to Superman (not complaining). It looks great, and big thanks to those painters who had to go up there paint the behemoth!

The other day when I was at SFMM and ran into Neal Thurman, he did mention that Superman---Escape From Krypton would run much quieter than Superman---The Escape did. That will be a welcome change, as I wasn't a big fan of the fighter jet sound that the cars made going over the midway at that point.

Eric

The other day when I was at SFMM and ran into Neal Thurman, he did mention that Superman---Escape From Krypton would run much quieter than Superman---The Escape did. That will be a welcome change, as I wasn't a big fan of the fighter jet sound that the cars made going over the midway at that point.

Eric

That's an unexpected positive from the work on this ride. I was considering ear protection waiting in line for Goliath.

It was a very very cold day at "the Mountain" today. The hill on Goliath took my breath away between the wind and cold. The lines were short today except for the bus loads of kids coming in. Without them the place would've been deserted. For a time they ran 1 train on Scream which really surprised me with all the wind. Ninja was closed because of the cold temps. Oh well, good bye to So Cal and back to South Florida (my home), so I can thaw out. I'm at LAX right now (3 hours before flight time), and there's nobody here. I guess everyone already left.

I've got a question. Does anyone really know where Jay Thomas ended up? I went to the 6 Flags main website, and he's not listed there. I hope he's still with 6 Flags. He's a really great guy! I thought of him today with all the leaves blowing off the trees, and how fanatical he was regarding anything (leaves included) on the midway. I do miss him... That's a big loss for LA.

It seems today they were having the supervisors visit "their rides." When I got to Riddler, the sup's came there an made a maintenance lady (quite attractive I might add) launch an empty train for no reason what so ever. It seemed like they were just stirring up trouble where ever they went today. I think they need to stay in their offices and let us ride.

Went to the park today for about 5 hours and got on 16 rides! We also did some shopping and had some snacks in that time as well. Definitely glad we dressed in winter attire today.

Nothing like planting dead trees in the Sierra Twist area. That makes it look like it's been that way for awhile.