TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Nah. They will never realize it is the same ride, unless they are super attentive. The different colors, flashing lights and music will distinguish it too much. Wait...nevermind, people think Psyclone and Termy are the same and the only comment element those two have is wood.

Don't forget, these are the same people who think X was removed and X2 is an entirely new ride.

Good to see they finally announced this ride. Station audio featuring "We Like To Party" would be a great addition to this ride if it's not already planned. I like the idea of alternating black and white supports too.

Certainly an odd name, cute though. I'm interested to see how the dancing "shoe" coaster car paint job turns out. It certainly would be nice to see this ride go partially enclosed with some disco lights. Help block out the screams of terror coming from Deja Vu as well.

So I guess they won't be getting rid of Mr. Six anytime soon. When will the poor guy retire/die?

This sounds like a great addition to Magic Mountain and hopefully it will bring in more families to the park. I really hope they won't be playing "We Like to Party" everytime they dispatch a train though.

Am I the only person that thinks having Mr. Six be the theme of a kiddie coaster is a BAD idea?

He's creepy enough as it is and to have your guest's children riding in his shoe, well, isn't that sending the wrong message?

LOL

I can hear it now...

"Mommy Mommy, I want to take a ride on Mr. Six!"

Am I the only person that thinks having Mr. Six be the theme of a kiddie coaster is a BAD idea?

He's creepy enough as it is and to have your guest's children riding in his shoe, well, isn't that sending the wrong message?

LOL

I can hear it now...

"Mommy Mommy, I want to take a ride on Mr. Six!"

Finally someone else shares my concerns.

Wait...nevermind, people think Psyclone and Termy are the same and the only comment element those two have is wood.

I still have people who I work with that have season passes to the park that SWEAR Teminator and Psyclone are the same ride but with new trains, fire, and audio.

They told me "It's the same thing they did with X."

I even showed them the pictures of Psyclone being ripped apart, but they still think it's the same damn ride!

--Robb

From the teenage boy standpoint: This is BS (but this ride was obviously not meant for people my age...however, that wont stop me from riding it )

But from the park's standpoint: This is a pretty good move, although I still swear that the park needs something in the 50 to 80 foot range.

If the park had been buying a new coaster instead of recycling, I would say that it was a bad move as So Cal now has 3 of the exact same kiddie coaster. However, for such little overhead, this was a pretty damn good deal for SFMM. It will be pretty stark in contrast to Terminator though...

Wait...nevermind, people think Psyclone and Termy are the same and the only comment element those two have is wood.

I still have people who I work with that have season passes to the park that SWEAR Teminator and Psyclone are the same ride but with new trains, fire, and audio.

They told me "It's the same thing they did with X."

I even showed them the pictures of Psyclone being ripped apart, but they still think it's the same damn ride!

--Robb

When I worked at RipCord at Cedar Point, I had a father walk by with his children, point to Gemini, and say, "Oh look kids, that coaster (points to Gemini) is part of that coaster over there (points at Mean Streak)."

This looks like it will fit in perfectly for the park. It will be a good bridge between Canyon Blaster and Gold Rusher. Although it is the third roller coaster in Southern California with the same layout, I doubt anyone will notice since most people who take the time to wait in line for Gadget's Go Coaster are either riding for the credit or have a child in their group likely too young for Six Flags Magic Mountain. Besides, if X2 isn't X and Terminator is Psyclone, we might get people who think Six Flags Magic Mountain purchased Gadget's Go Coaster (the track is red after all).

I don't know when I'll end up getting to the park to ride this, but when I do I want to see which Vekoma has the better capacity. Maybe TPR should do a Termination Day-style event after this ride opens, but have ERT on both Vekomas to answer that question . No, it probably wouldn't have enough interest.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has announced Mr. Six's DanceCoaster, their 17th roller coaster.

Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia will add a kiddie coaster in summer 2010 called Mr. Six’s DanceCoaster, themed to the frenetically dancing senior citizen who serves as a spokes-character for the amusement park chain.

Magic Mountain’s 17th coaster moves the California amusement park into a tie with Ohio’s Cedar Point for the coveted title of “roller coaster capital of the world,” according to Roller Coaster Database.

Scheduled to open on Memorial Day weekend, the 679-foot-long steel coaster will be located in the northwest corner of Magic Mountain between the looping Déjà Vu coaster and the Johnny Rockets Shakes and Fries food stand.

At 28 feet tall and with a top speed of 21 mph, the family coaster certainly won’t set any records or wow hard-core enthusiasts. The black, white and red coaster trains will be themed to look like a pair of dancing shoes.

Magic Mountain for this addition will recycle the Vekoma junior coaster, which was known as Road Runner Express at the now-shuttered Six Flags New Orleans before being relocated to Magic Mountain.

The layout of Magic Mountain’s Mr. Six coaster will be identical to Disneyland’s Gadget Go-Coaster, which opened in Toontown in 1993, according to Roller Coaster Database.

This will be the second coaster themed to the Mr. Six character, according to Screamscape. Six Flags New England opened Mr. Six’s Pandemonium in 2005 before dropping “Mr. Six” from the name of the spinning coaster two years later.

Quoted From: http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/mr-six-coaster-magic-6311/

Well it looks like Six Flags's embargo on anything made by Vekoma (that started after the Deja Vu fiasco) has ended. I think it'd be a good addition to the park. Out of curiosity, though, don't they still have that Bradley and Kaye kiddie coaster, too?

Well it looks like Six Flags's embargo on anything made by Vekoma (that started after the Deja Vu fiasco) has ended. I think it'd be a good addition to the park. Out of curiosity, though, don't they still have that Bradley and Kaye kiddie coaster, too?

Actually, not quite. They technically didn't buy this coaster from Vekoma, they just relocated it. It was originally bought before the anti-Vekoma embargo, so it doesn't mean that it has ended. And yes, the Bradley Kaye kiddie coaster is still there.