TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^The fire was on for both Terminator and X2 yesterday. I didn't really feel the heat from Terminator, so it was fine. But X2's fire sucked in the 100 degree weather. Especially since the mist wasn't on. I've been on it six times, and have only had the mist on for two of my rides. Both of those rides, though, the fire was off. So I don't think I've been on it when all the effects are working at the same time.

At the X2 Campout all of the effects were on. And about a month ago I went on at night and all of the effects were on. Lights, fog, fire and audio. I was VERY surprised.

I know this is random but I feel as if "Scream" was just put together in like 1 month. I know it must be a cool ride and all but here's what I think is wrong with it,

The ride is sitting over a parking lot, you would think Six Flags would at least dig up the parking lot where the ride was going to be and plant grass & also plant landscaping. To me the only "fun" part of the ride is well, the ride whereas "X2" has all these awesome affects and isn't just sitting in an old parking lot!

I also think SFMM should paint Scream, don't change the color scheme but I was recently looking at a picture of it and it's colors are so faded!!! I don't know, If I went there I would defiantly ride it but I just thought I would point this out, what does anyone else think?

Ah yes our old Scream! discussion. A classic hahaha . Does Terminator usually not have its fire on because when I was there for 3 days back at the end of July I went on it about 10 times and didn't get 1 flamethrower. X2's flamethrower was running so it wasn't a heat thing. The mist was running though so that was nice.

I visited the park today. The smoke was pretty thick on the way in, but in the park it wasn't all too bad.

However, the heat was killer.

Regardless, the rides were all walk-ons, and from then it was unlimited re-rides really.

But in regards to X2 and Term effects, the fire effects were running on both today.

I know this is random but I feel as if "Scream" was just put together in like 1 month. I know it must be a cool ride and all but here's what I think is wrong with it,

The ride is sitting over a parking lot, you would think Six Flags would at least dig up the parking lot where the ride was going to be and plant grass & also plant landscaping. To me the only "fun" part of the ride is well, the ride whereas "X2" has all these awesome affects and isn't just sitting in an old parking lot!

I also think SFMM should paint Scream, don't change the color scheme but I was recently looking at a picture of it and it's colors are so faded!!! I don't know, If I went there I would defiantly ride it but I just thought I would point this out, what does anyone else think?

Ugh, not the parking lot thing again....

You should ride it, doesn't matter that it's over a parking lot, it's a fun coaster-- just don't look at the ground and you won't be bothered by it.

When I went in April, I actually had a good ride on it which got my hopes up...then came Termination Day...possibly the worst ride I've ever had on it, no headbanging, but it felt like I was riding a jackhammer. Then on Tuesday of last week, the vibrations werent that bad (but still bad for a B&M), but it was still an all out bore fest

There are also "wind sensors" on both Terminator and X2, that will automatically shut down the fire, so this might also be a reason why it works some days and not on others

But why doesn't the mist on X2 work? I don't think wind has anything to do with those effects, and I know that the mist would certainly be welcome during the hot weather. I could tell it was off because during my one night ride I've ever had on it, it got really cold and my face felt wet when we went through the mist. I'd much rather have that effect working in the summer than the fire. Although both effects working at the same time would be better.

I just hit the park today with my bro, and it was totally dead! The air quality wasn't bad at all, but it was pretty hot. We got plenty of free ice water, and though we skipped X2 due to molasses-like one train operation, everything else was pretty much a walk on. Overall a really fun trip. Terminator ran great!

Funniest part of the day, some guy was standing right next to the drinking fountains by Terminator, filming something with his camcorder. When I went to take a drink, the water arced up and hit him in the crotch! He was pissed, but my brother and I couldn't stop laughing.

^ Wish I could have seen that.

But, unless something comes up, I'm more than likely going out there tomorrow with Diana and meet up with brother-in-law and his daughter.

I hope the crowds tomorrow are as dead as has been reported this week.

Eric

Haha I agree with a lot of people's reasonings for riding where they do.

I think it is best to ride Batman in the front, but I never have, only because I don't think it is worth waiting an additional couple of trains. So I usually take whatever has no one waiting in the particular row queue.

I like Riddlers at the front for similar reasons. I like to see what is ahead, rather than the seats in front of me. Unlike Batman, I have rode in the front multiple times though .

For Tatsu, I like the back because it feels like you get pulled more especially during the first drop. So it feels a lot more intense for me. I have rode both the back and front. B&M is right that it doesn't really matter as far as seeing things are concerned because everyone is looking down; but the only reason I have a preference for the back is because of what I previous mentioned.

Goliath - the back is good because you get pulled down the drop and the helix seems a lot more intense. However, at the front, it is nice to see the drop that's ahead of you while waiting for the back of the train to finish coming up the chain lift before you proceed forward, etc. Haha.

Goliath's helix in back seat = very good

my friend and i both had a brief blackout once during it, but don't tell your mothers (unless they like this sort of thing)

it was truly a mark of genius,

wonderful wonderful helix.

/// hey guys

What is the difference between Jet Stream and Log Jammer

are they both log rides?

LJ's drop amazed me as a youth and I fancied it greater than Splash Mountain, though the theming there is "the win"

what is the name of their boat ride, do they still have it ?

is jet stream the boat ride?

Log Jammer and Jet Stream are both Arrow flumes.

Log Jammer is a traditional one, while Jet Stream is a Hydro Flume.

Log Jammer's "boats" are log shaped, while Jet Stream's "boats" are boat shaped.

I hope I've answered your questions.

Eric

Funniest part of the day, some guy was standing right next to the drinking fountains by Terminator, filming something with his camcorder. When I went to take a drink, the water arced up and hit him in the crotch! He was pissed, but my brother and I couldn't stop laughing.

That guy was me. ( I was using the water fountain as a improvised tripod to get a shot of Ninja. SFMM doesn't allow tripods of any kind in their park).

I wasn't pissed. Just tired and on the verge of dehydration. I didn't even noticed water had hit me.

I had a great day. Little to no lines.

Towards the last 2hrs of Park Operation I was able to marathon X2 (got 4 ride in without having to leave the station platform.

How close have any of you guys gotten to blacking out on Goliath's helix. I got really close one time when I wasn't really paying attention because I was watching Colossus for some reason. I heard from an operator that they have 2 or 3 people black out on Goliath everyday. Also, do you guys have methods of handling the g forces. What I do when I'm ready for it is flex really hard and squeeze my toes to keep the blood flow out of my legs.

^That is funny, cause I have never blacked out on a coaster and tried really hard to once on Goliath. I failed

Was the MCBR always trimmed so hard, or is that a recent occurrence? I just seem to remember when I was back there awhile ago that the helix was significantly more intense than it was when I was there in March.