TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sorry if this has been asked before... BUt wasnt it rumored that a new ride for SFHH was going to be built in flashbacks old spot? Has anyone seen anything going on back there, or will we start seeing things going on now that SFHH is closed till summer?

not to be a nag, but can anyone confirm the current price of the twicket? $10?

Also, is anyone planning on going next weekend, the 18th and 19th, and wanna meet up? My girlfriend is a scaredecat for rollercoasters and there will definately be some i wont get her to go onto with me, and I hate riding / waiting in line alone.

My girlfriend is a scaredecat for rollercoasters and there will definately be some i wont get her to go onto with me, and I hate riding / waiting in line alone.

She probably hates waiting alone for you to ride a coaster too!

^OMG Really!?!?! You think!?! That's so naughty!!!!

Let's expand the trend to other Six Flags parks... Kentucky Kingdom... well, Gang Bang on Chang ? (works for any Boomerang too) I also have an idea for Cedar Fair's Backlot coasters, or at least for their old Paramount name. No need to tell... you've guessed correctly Or Spaceshot could rhyme with... no, forget it. Robb, feel free to delete my post

That turned r rated quickly.

Twickets are $10. Forms are being poured in horseshoe shapes back by deja vu. Don't see any harbor construction. The fright fest is great fun when heckles and twitch cut a guy in half. Pretty standard October at magic.

Also, always suggest Gold Rusher for coaster scaredy cats. It's from the 70's, it goes slow, no big drops and no upside down.

Thus ends a laundry list of facts and opinions.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the new coaster is going to be themed to the Terminator movies (I think the newest one with Christian Bale). I've seen this on other sites.

Maybe they'll throw us all for a "loop" and theme it to WB characters that Christian Bale has played as. In this case, maybe they'll call it John Connor: The Ride, or Bruce Wayne: The Ride. Or they could just mix both characters together, and call it John Wayne: The Ride.

Went to Fright Fest last night(Sunday) and had an AMAZING time. This was my last major So Cal haunt to attend, and after a horrible time at Shipwreck(DO NOT GO!!), I was not expecting much from Fright Fest. I was wrong. As always the theming/sets are equal to Knotts, but the talent well... I am a scareactor at Universal and the talent at Six Flags was AMAZING. So much engery in the houses and on the streets. As Robb mentioned not many masks and really good airbrushing. It was also cool and added so much that they pulsed the lines. Very much worth the 5 bucks. Magic Mountian is really turning around. Standing obvation.

I was at the park this past weekend as well. I had a really good time. Saturday was pretty busy, waited in line for 2+ hours for X2, but it was worth the wait (however sunday night i got on in 30 min) go figure.

But yeah fright fest was great!! Only went thru 3 of the 5 mazes though, but it was still a lot of fun. Rode every major roller coaster at least once, with the exception of Deja Vu, the line was too long and the people in my group didn't feel like waiting so long.

I definitely agree that the actors in the scare zones were great this year!! They were definitely having a good time and had good character development.

Are Flash passes really that necessary around now? Back in 2004, the last time we went, we were able to ride everything except DeJa Vu and go through almost all the mazes.

Is Tatsu really! bad? That's the only one we're worried about since we've never seen it. We planned on hitting X2 right out the gate at 10 am since it was our favorite when it was X.

Also we are planning on staying until midnight (make the most after this 12+ hour drive) so does Tatsu die down at certain times or is it like the old X where we could wait 2 hours easy at any given time? Thanks.

^Is the park open until Midnight? I don't recall the park staying open that late, except for the Christian concert days when it runs until 1am.

People can see a lot from the current construction pictures, i'm going to give it a lot more time before I even try to guess the layout. What I'm actually wondering right now is if that back area of the park is going to get a rethemed. Figure that the park has the Terminator concept to work with, and it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to retheme Deja Vu (easy to retheme when there is no theme at all) to the whole Terminator theme. Psyclone Bay/Spillikin Corner (is that spelled right?) seems to be a very outdated theme especially with a coaster in the back of the area themed to Terminator.