TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am thinking of making a solo trip and was curious as to which rides are currently offering single rider lines.

Thanks!

It's usually Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Riddler, Viper, and Revolution (without VR). Viper and Riddler rarely garner much of a line to begin with, though.

I am thinking of making a solo trip and was curious as to which rides are currently offering single rider lines.

Thanks!

It's usually Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Riddler, Viper, and Revolution (without VR). Viper and Riddler rarely garner much of a line to begin with, though.

I had heard that sometimes Twisted Colossus is as well. Is that true?

I had heard that sometimes Twisted Colossus is as well. Is that true?

It was when it opened, but isn't anymore. The line for that one moves fast though, so even if the station's full, you probably won't wait more than 45 minutes for it.

It's 35 minutes from the entrance with 3 trains running. Riddler gets a solid line nowadays as well.

Hi, I have some questions I was hoping folks could answer. What would be the most effective way of preventing yourself from graying out or blacking out on Tatsu’s pretzel loop? Are you allowed to bring in a small water bottle into the park? Lastly, for which rides would putting items such as glasses and a wallet in a velcroed or buttoned shorts pocket not be sufficient because they'd fall out? Thanks.

I don't think there's a way to keep from greying out on Tatsu's pretzel roll. I wouldn't say I grey out, but I know what you mean. It screws with my equilibrium every time and I'd consider myself a seasoned veteran rider. Sometimes when I'd ride it after some brownies , it would literally send me into a seizure like state that was unlike anything I've ever experienced on a coaster. I just freeze up in whatever position I'm in and can't move. I'm perfectly fine once the rides over, but during the ride it's a trip. Tatsu and X2 are pretty much the only rides that terrify me, but it doesn't keep me from riding. I actually kind of freak out on Tatsu after the horseshoe turn, because I know what's soon coming next.

I don't think they've ever stopped me from bringing a water bottle into the park.

I'd definitely use a locker for X2, it's only a buck, I don't even risk it on that ride. And Tatsu may be sufficient for velcro or buttoned pockets, I don't think it has lockers near it anymore anyway. I actually lost one of my favorite cell phones the Motorola Razor on Tatsu, it exploded into pieces, but it was just in my regular pockets and I should have known better. I think with velcro or buttons (like cargo shorts) you should be good on pretty much every ride. Zippered pockets are ideal. I would suggest the same for Twisted Colossus and Batman as well.

Hi, I have some questions I was hoping folks could answer. What would be the most effective way of preventing yourself from graying out or blacking out on Tatsu’s pretzel loop? Are you allowed to bring in a small water bottle into the park? Lastly, for which rides would putting items such as glasses and a wallet in a velcroed or buttoned shorts pocket not be sufficient because they'd fall out? Thanks.

The front for Tatsu will make it less likely that you'll grey out. Yes, a small bottle should be fine. I wouldn't keep the articles in a pocket on: X2, Tatsu, Full Throttle, Twisted Colossus. Most others should be fine.

All the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo by the rides are $1. Tatsu has them by its entrance. YOLOcoaster and Twisted Colossus don't have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo you just put your stuff on the side in the storage cabinet.

Damn, that was a lot of fluffy!

The front for Tatsu will make it less likely that you'll grey out. Yes, a small bottle should be fine. I wouldn't keep the articles in a pocket on: X2, Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, Twisted Colossus. Most others should be fine.

Just my two cents: Regarding Tatsu agreed with nearer to front of trains is better, although I'm beginning to think the middle of the trains have more equalized G-forces, therefore being best.

Regarding water bottle, generally the unwritten rule is you are allowed to bring one unopened water bottle, but they are very strict on this and sometimes not allowing it at all, depends on your security employee at the detectors, and if you try bring a water make sure it isn't opened yet, they are trying to prevent people bringing vodka, etc into the park, opened bottles could have been tampered with. The official posted park rules don't allow any beverages from the outside in. In my own experience, just bringing the (unopened) water bottle through like you own the place is the best method, I'm guessing they are trained to notice anxiety those bringing objects into the park.

Regarding pockets, on most rides I would make sure your pants seal by either using zippers or strong buttons. Most of my friends have lost articles on Scream, not sure why, but this seems to be awfully consistent... Overall losing your id, money, etc is never fun and typically (at Magic Mountain based on my experience) it has been difficult to get ANY of your items back, and if you do they may be significantly damaged. Having amazing and unique rides unfortunately tries to throw your wallet, id, keys and phone from an unsecured pocket, so take precautions.

I (start to) gray out embarrassingly easy when it comes to positive forces but I've never had a problem on Tatsu. Maybe it's the riding angle or the fact that that part of the ride is pretty shaky, but it's never been an issue for me. I'm more liable to gray out on Goliath and even the big curve on Superman. X2 puts similar forces on you when it's climbing up the first raven turn, so watch out for that if you have concerns.

I was curious to know if the flash pass at hurricane harbor was similar to magic mountain and also if it's worth it to get tomorrow. I would also like to know if I rent a tube do I lug it around all day. Where does it go if I'm on a body slide.

I was curious to know if the flash pass at hurricane harbor was similar to magic mountain and also if it's worth it to get tomorrow. I would also like to know if I rent a tube do I lug it around all day. Where does it go if I'm on a body slide.

I believe it's $7 for use all day and you get a wristband. You leave it by the entrance or try to hide it. A couple times during the day someone might take it but you can just go back to the rental booth and tell them that and they'll give you another.

Hi all,

Question: We want to visit sfmm on sunday september 18th. Apparently that's the first weekend of fright fest. Is it correct that we only can buy the full prize ticket in advance? Seems that those tickets are the only ones valid on that day. We don't care about the fright fest festivities, just there to ride some coasters[emoji12].

Thanks!

Edit:typo

Hi all,

Question: We want to visit sfmm on sunday september 18th. Apparently that's the first weekend of fright fest. Is it correct that we only can buy the full prize ticket in advance? Seems that those tickets are the only ones valid on that day. We don't care about the fright fest festivities, just there to ride some coasters[emoji12].

Thanks!

Yeah... it's pretty hard to get discount tickets during Fright Fest. But that day should be very empty crowdwise so it will be well worth it!

So the plaza in the Movie District is set to close sometime next month? I dont see the point in doing that unless the entire area is going to be revamped and/or part of the 2017 attraction will occupy that space.

Interestingly enough, it's one of the better kept areas of the park. Although I can see why they would use that space for something else (if that's the plan).

Yeah... it's pretty hard to get discount tickets during Fright Fest. But that day should be very empty crowdwise so it will be well worth it!

Thanks for your answer!

So it's gonna be empty during the day and more crowded in the evening you think?

We have the choice of going either saturday or sunday that weekend, guessing sunday is the best day of the two?

Thanks again!

Thanks for your answer!

So it's gonna be empty during the day and more crowded in the evening you think?

We have the choice of going either saturday or sunday that weekend, guessing sunday is the best day of the two?

Thanks again!

Definitely choose Sunday. Saturday will be much busier as it's the first night of Fright Fest and it's Saturday. That Sunday should be light pretty much the whole day. Crowds might pick up around 3 or 4 PM, but it will probably be less noticeable around the rides after 7Pm since all the crowds will be spread out to all the Fright Fest activities from then on. But yeah that day for he most part you're probably looking at 30 min or less for the headliners, stattion waits for everything else at most. Probably even less than that.

Definitely choose Sunday. Saturday will be much busier as it's the first night of Fright Fest and it's Saturday. That Sunday should be light pretty much the whole day. Crowds might pick up around 3 or 4 PM, but it will probably be less noticeable around the rides after 7Pm since all the crowds will be spread out to all the Fright Fest activities from then on. But yeah that day for he most part you're probably looking at 30 min or less for the headliners, stattion waits for everything else at most. Probably even less than that.

Me like!

Thanks again!

Paul

Hi all,

Thanks!

They will likely have a promo with coke or another sponsor...they do every year.