TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I like them!

I must say, they do say in the promo that the three launches are "unprecedented." I wonder if we are looking at insanely fast launched!

Superman at SFDK has "three launches" - forwards, backwards, forwards, although, obviously, the format is a little different.

I'm looking forward (pun not intended) to this ride some drizzly day when chilly weather scares the locals away so the lines are reasonable.

Only in the SFMM thread would there be multiple pages complaining about a fence.

Well, just a month ago there were several pages consisting of potty talk (That's all I read my entire trip home from my SoCal trip were complaints about SFMM's restrooms)

At least that is something relevant to the guest experience.

I agree with Joey. At least you're not likely catch some sort of disease from a fence (unless you lick it, of course).

Edited by cfc

Hi all,

About to visit SFMM today for the first time ever.

Any last minute suggestions? (Don't say: turn around...)

Someone else here visiting the park today?

M&G anyone?

Paul and Peggy

Its a Tuesday so it should be a really nice easy day, you should have no problem getting on everything, you picked a great day to go

If you are not pressed for time, and do not want to eat lunch in the park, several decent chain restaraunts very close by. Red Lobster (Old Road), quite a few options off the Old Road down towards the Wal Mart, or towards the mall. If eating in the park, passholders get a discount, and there is a 5% Discover card discount on everything including parking.

Don't think it will be crowded, probably don't need to spend the dough on the Flashpass. Should be a great day to go.

Thanks guys.

Hope it will be a nice quiet day at the park.

Wasn't planning on dining in the park, gonna leave early so we can drive back to Vegas tonight

Paul

I'm planning on going next Sunday & Monday, so I'm really interested in how busy it is today..please come back later and tell me how dead it was

I have some quick tips for you.

• Apocalypse and Colossus in the backseat are fantastic!
  • Avoid the Goliath food court. It's gross.
  • Eat outside the park if you can.
  • Hit Tatsu first, then X2 in the late afternoon.
  • Front seat or nothing on Riddler's Revenge, Batman: The Ride, and Ninja (but only if it has 2 trains).
  • Avoid Green Lantern if you don't want a painful ride.
  • Tatsu's 3rd row is the best.

Hi all,

About to visit SFMM today for the first time ever.

Any last minute suggestions? (Don't say: turn around...)

Someone else here visiting the park today?

M&G anyone?

Paul and Peggy

Hey Paul & Peggy, you should be fine today. The crowds should be really light but the closer you get to the end of the month, it will start getting PACKED! Colleges are letting out, some public and private schools too. Enjoy your day ride them all over and over again.

Have Fun,

RJ

Front seat or nothing on Batman: The Ride

Yep learned that one the old fashioned way. B&M Inverts are awesome but that's the one flaw..the seats are so close together if youre not in the front row all you can see is the back of the seat ahead of you. I've only ridden Batman once and I was somewhere in the middle (it was end of a long day, lines getting long, no FP on batman that day)..Im anxious to ride again in the front to see what the ride is actually like.

While the view in any row but the front on B&M inverts isn't that good, I still prefer the forcefulness that can be had in the very back, especially on layouts such as Batman.

Definitely a good point, I hear this is especially true on Flight Deck. (Ive only ridden in the front row for FD)

In the past SFMM had some pretty decent offerings. I remember the Four Seasons steakhouse was pretty good (when did that close?). I also recall Mooseburger not being a terrible option for lunch as it had the same prices as elsewhere in the park and included a free refill. I will also admit a guilty pleasure that I did enjoy the parks chicken strips and fries (though only when I got them from the employee restaurant).

That being said, I've not been to the park since 2004, so I'm not really sure where the food has gone since then.

I still prefer the forcefulness that can be had in the very back, especially on layouts such as Batman.

That is also the best seat going backwards. Hopefully you guys will get that soon! The back (first seat out of the station) is also the smoothest and gives a great tummy-tickle in the vertical loops. I've never wanted to ride a B&M so much!

Front seat or nothing on Riddler's Revenge, Batman: The Ride, and Ninja (but only if it has 2 trains).

Honestly, my favorite rows on Riddler and Batman are not the front. I tend to enjoy the middle seats the most, especially on Riddler where there is some good hangtime on the dive loops and less headbanging. The line is typically very long for the front on Riddler and Batman, so I'd not recommend it unless it is a short wait.