TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Looking at going to SFMM for the first time on either Friday, June 8 or Saturday, June 9. Will definitely be getting a QBot either way, and Friday is a supposed to "Grad Night" where the guests get a free ticket to the park, as well.

With all of that said, any regulars have an opinion of which of the two days would be better to go? The Friday with the park closing at 6pm and a Grad Night crowd, or a Saturday in June?

Thanks for the tips!

Thats a hard one but it depends on how long you stay. Im not sure how crowded grad night is but If id have to guess id say it would be similar to a Saturday. I am familiar with Saturdays however. The longest line you will probably have to wait in is two hours and every other ride will have a one hour to one hour and 30 minute wait. You could probably get by on a few coasters at a 30 minute wait. Overall both of those day are terrible to go on. If you do go on one of those days get a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass.

Thats a hard one but it depends on how long you stay. Im not sure how crowded grad night is but If id have to guess id say it would be similar to a Saturday. I am familiar with Saturdays however. The longest line you will probably have to wait in is two hours and every other ride will have a one hour to one hour and 30 minute wait. You could probably get by on a few coasters at a 30 minute wait. Overall both of those day are terrible to go on. If you do go on one of those days get a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass.

I'd personally go Saturday and buy a Flash Pass. The crowds won't really matter if you have a gold or platinum one, plus you'd get three more hours in the park.

Does anyone have a clue of what will replace Log Jammer? I saw this video and it said a new attraction is coming on one of the signs. URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQ_OtRVgdM&feature=related

Plus it is a lot of space, so it may be a new roller coaster?

EDIT: Oh, I may be going to California (Finally) in early June! We will more than likely be going to SFMM because I've talked to my parents about that park alot of times. What rides should I go on first? What if I have a Flash Pass?

EDIT: Oh, I may be going to California (Finally) in early June! We will more than likely be going to SFMM because I've talked to my parents about that park alot of times. What rides should I go on first? What if I have a Flash Pass?

No matter what, go to X2 first and get on. Then if you want to get a Flash Pass, get one now. If not, proceed to Tatsu, then Apocalypse, then Riddler's Revenge (single rider line), Green Lantern (single rider line), Batman, Scream, Goliath, then rerides or anything else.

(This is the plan I am taking today and I will let you know how it goes.)

Haha! How many times can you pan and zoom around the same area of dirt? That was one of the lamest "updates" I've ever seen. I'm ashamed to have watched the whole thing.

Edited by Mechanic

Haha! How many times can you pan and zoom around the same area of dirt? That was one of the lamest "updates" I've ever seen. I'm ashamed to have to have watched the whole thing.

Not to mention the absolutely god-awful shaking throughout. YouTube made a stabilization software for a reason! Use it!

I meant in organizing a group of us to go to the media day event. lol. It would be really cool if they were able to get the TPR forums invited.

Typically SFMM has their Media/Online days on the same day. They will sometimes invite some of the networks out a day earlier, or earlier than the rest of us to get on their morning shows.

As far as getting a group of people in the media event, SFMM typically works with the Boys and Girls Club and all of those kids are the "riders" for media day.

Things are always subject to change, but off the top of my head I'm thinking any kind of "meet" on media day is going to be difficult.

Also, who knows when Media day is even going to be. With RRE, S:EFK and GL:FF I'm going to say we had less than a weeks notice. In fact, with RRE, I think we had a day. And it was more "come to our opening ceremony".

Gregg "Media Day's aren't typically as exciting as they sound" C.

I just bought tickets for this Saturday, June 2nd, for Deaf Awareness day at the park. Do you think it would be terribly busy or just medium crowds??

I hadn't heard anything about this.

I just bought tickets for this Saturday, June 2nd, for Deaf Awareness day at the park. Do you think it would be terribly busy or just medium crowds??

Was that pun intended?

Was that pun intended?

Aww man I'm cracking up.

They need to advertise these events more though, I didn't know about this either.

Was that pun intended?

That's pure gold right there.