TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Job

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delivery driver for Dominos. Not a bad part time job.

I just tried Dominos pizza for the first time since the new ingredients or whatever....I know it's been since January 2010 I think, but still, better late than never. What an improvement!

Anyway, I currently have two jobs. One at a music store and one at a liquor store.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

I work at NBC Universal as a writer/producer /editor for "Bravo!" the cable network. Before that I was an Associate Producer at NBC's on-air promotion department. A while back I was a Page, just like Kenneth on "30 Rock." We wore the same exact outfit and peacock tie that Kenneth currently wears on the show. Blue poly..so stylish.

We work on marketing campaigns and commercials for our shows, go on shoots, edit lots of stuff, direct voice over talent, etc.

-LD

I'm still working at the DVD lab mentioned much earlier in this thread...so that makes over 5 years I've been there so far. My job descriptions have somewhat changed/new stuff added on however. Now, I do graphic design (laying out banners/signs/posters) for customers, restore old photos (fun stuff!), video production/editing, DVD authoring, scanning negatives (all sizes you can think of) and prints, and work with some web stuff. Definitely a busy job, getting me my experience that's needed for down the road when I move on.

Done with university now, have my BA degree in graphic design and multimedia...so my plate's not as full now.

I recently got a job at BGW operating rides. I work in the Oktoberfest section of the park running the swings, bumper cars, and area kiddie rides. When Mach Tower opens, I'm gonna get training on that as well.

A big minus is that the job is pretty fun, although it can get demanding on busy days, but interacting with guests from all over the world totally makes up for it. Making friends with coworkers is also a pretty big plus along with the free admission I get to all the Busch parks!

The kiddie rides are less stressful than the big rides, but the big rides have microphones so you can interact with the guests a little better (and two people running the ride on busy days).

Overall, this is a pretty fun job for what it's worth. I'm looking forward to Mach Tower and the summer season kickoff.

Even though I've applied to many places, I still remain jobless. However, I've been making money by babysitting here and there, pool sitting, and occasional odd jobs. I can still make about 200 dollars a month by doing these things.

Hoping to land a 2 week "Manny" job in Virgina. I hear the kids love theme parks and have passes to some of the theme parks in the area.

Sorry for the double post, but I just got back from IoA today, I got a job as a sales associate in the Trading Company, that big souvenir shop when you first walk in. It's nothing special but it's my first job and I"m extremely excited! Training ends May 16th for me, and from there I will be on the floor working!

I just did training at Universal Studios, and I have never had so much fun in my life, I can't believe I got paid to laugh for 7 hours straight! I learned a lot of information that the average enthusiast wouldn't know and it's really cool seeing the other side of the service.

As of last night I am a proud employee of AMC cinemas! Woot! I am an avid movie goer, so I will see a vast majority of movies here... but because I am who I am I will make a few stops at the indie/art theater. For some reason America plays like no foreign films in mainstream theaters, I also had to go to the art theater to see kings speech and black swan, so I need to go there a few times to see best picture nominees.